Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/9/08 (Read 659 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... Here’s last week’s tally. Let me know if I missed anyone or made any errors.
    WhoMilesCommentary
    Dopple Bock83 Trails to Rails Marathon!
    Hermosaboy75.4 So how’d the 10-mile race go?
    TomD61 Back-to-back marathon weekend again!
    Mainerunnah54.2 NY Marathon!
    Slojim53.5 Now it’s taper time
    Pfriese51.9 Nice 20-miler
    Patriotsr151.5 Tempo runs 2 days in a row sounds tough.
    Barefoot Rick50.99 No, no, now get back out there and run anther .1 – you can’t just leave it like that....Big grin
    Perch48.2 City of Oaks Marathon – and hardware!
    Holly43.35 Halloween candy fueling
    MrPHinNJ41 Taking a healing break
    Ultrachick40.2 She’s back!
    Biketm Free Pass
    Here’s my plan for the week:
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday00 Weights and abs
    Tuesday7-9 9 miles miles 3, 4, and 6 at (8:40, 8:36, 8:42)
    Wednesday6-7 7.05 miles Easy peasy today
    Thursday6-7 X Easy pace, w/TM intervals at the end
    Friday0 4.4 miles recovery pace, with push-ups, steps, and crunches
    Saturday12+ 16.15 miles slow pace
    Sunday6-7 10.50 miles Easy pace on the TM
    Total?49.7 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, I think you picked a great marathon.... I'm sure there will be a large RA master gathering in Seattle! taper continues...... Sun. ... 13 easy miles Mon. ... rest Tues..... 7.5 easy Wed..... 7.25 easy Thurs.... rest Fri...... 7.25 easy Sat.....10.25 easy Total 42.25 miles
      DoppleBock

Thanks Holly I have a recovery week in store - 2 goals is to run at lease 4 miles every day and to run slow and easy until at least Saturday. M 4 recovery + 6 miles of walking (Doesn't count) + weights T 5 easy / 11 easy + 1 mile walk W 4 easy + weights TH 6/10 + Weights + 1 mile walk F 8/4 + Weights SA 20 with 5x1 mile @ LAT (6:11) SU 26 + walk 1 + weights Maybe 65-75 range ? Guess not - 98 is in the books

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Marathon Maniac #3309

recovery week in store - Maybe 65-75 range ?
          Shocked Roll eyes

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DoppleBock

Shocked Roll eyes
            It is all based upon "Normal" - But I reserve the right to only run 28 if I so choose.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

I may be looking at a pass for this week. I pulled a right calf muscle on Monday and it hasn't gotten any better. I could only manage 2 miles today (Wednesday) on soft grass. We shall see. If I make it to 40 miles then you know it has gotten better. Thanks again Holly! Sunday Postscript: This was one of those weeks when I didn't know if I was going to make 50 BF miles. On Monday, I felt some discomfort in my right calf. On Tuesday, I couldn't finish my 10 mile run as it became more difficult to put weight on my right leg. On Wednesday, I was good to finish 2 miles, as the weight on my leg was painful. (Prayer definitely helped that day and I started feeling some relief.). Thursday and Friday, I resorted to the soccer fields at work and just ran a ton of loops. The grass was squishy with lots of "give" which allowed me to still heal but also to get my miles in. Saturday and Sunday were easy runs, as usual. There is just a bit of discomfort in the calf area today (Sunday). I think if I take it easy it should continue to heal. http://barefootrunner.org/08weeklymileage/weekending11-9-08.htm Monday - 10.37 Tuesday - 7.78 Wednesday - 2.16 Thursday - 12.50 Friday - 13.70 Saturday - 2.08 Sunday - 2.08 Total WE 11/9 - 50.67 BF Miles http://www.barefootrunner.org/08weeklymileage/08weekly.htm Thanks Holly! Cool
              Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                http://barefootrunner.org

Marathon Maniac #3309

It is all based upon "Normal" - But I reserve the right to only run 28 if I so choose.
                There nothing "normal" about you Big grin Wink Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I am going to miss this place! Sniff, sniff . . . Three weeks in the 40/0 club for me. Sad Then some time to build back to this place. Cry But I plan to spectate so keep up those miles gang! Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TomD

Thanks Holly. Monday - 5.10 Tuesday - Rest Wednesday - 10.10 Thursday - 10.45 Friday - 7.85 Saturday - Rest Sunday - 9.00 Total Miles - 42.50 TomD

Hill Runner

Thanks Holly, Sun 10.25 Mon Tue 10.18 Wed Thur 10.16 Fri Sat I didn't quite make it this week..trying to fight off a possible cold or allergies? 30.6 miles for the week

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Patriotsr1

Thanks again Holly for keepin this thread going. Another week of basebuilding Day..... Plan...... Actual ........Comment Mon .....rest......REST Tue.....8..........9.......2 EZ...6 tempo@7:40...1 EZ Wed....8.........8.5 GA Thu.....4.........4EZ Fri .....8 ........8.5... 2@8:30..6@7:40...1/2@8:30 Black eye Sat.....4.........0 Black eye Sun....10 ......... 0 Black eye Total: ~42.........30 Angry Don't know if I'll be able to run Sat or Sun due to an ailment that popped up on Fridays run Cry Hopefully all clears soon I definetely need to get my base up before I start the 18 week buidup for Boston pj
                        Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Holly, I'm glad you picked Seattle, I'll be there too!!!!! Since I appear to be unable to regularly post in the Daily...I'll try here... Mon: 8.58 Tue : 7.2 Wed: 8.54 Thur: 8.5 Fri : 5.5 Sat : 11.68 Sun: 6.2 Total: 55.6 Francesca
                          HermosaBoy

It went well -- 3rd overall and 1st in my age group in 58:42. I didn't do a race report because I measured the course at 9.88 (which was verfied by 3 others) -- argh!
                            WhoMilesCommentary
                            Hermosaboy75.4 So how’d the 10-mile race go?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Holly.. Thamks do much for doing this. I definitely need a pass this week and maybe next. Se you guys when the bod recovers enough.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Monday - Recovery Day - and Yoga - DONE Tuesday - 5 miles very easy - Actual - 5.02 miles - 45:04 - 8:59 Wednesday - 5 miles easy - Actual - 5..03 miles - 42:40 - 8:29 Thursday - 5 miles easy - Actual - 5.03 miles - 42:12 - 8:23 Friday - 5 miles easy Actual - 5.01 miles - 39:26 - 7:52 7:59 - 7:55 - 7:58 - 7:54 - 7:32 - :06 Saturday - 8 miles + / - Actual - 8.02 miles - 1:05:03 - 8:06 - Avg HR 124 Max HR Sunday - 10 miles + / - Actual - 10.06 miles - 1:20:14 - 7:58 Avg HR 135 Max HR 145 Total - 38 miles + / - Actual - 38.2 miles looks like I need a pass afterall Holly. Sad