Masters Running

Wake up, it's Saturday! (Read 37 times)

lamerunner

12:30, and no one up yet??  The foliage is awesome around here and still warm, though things change tomorrow.  Today's high 68, tomorrow 51...

I slept in a bit then went to the rail trail for about 10.  Lots of leaves on the ground so it is a bit trickier to see the rocks. Nice day though.  Yesterday I ran about 8 on the same trail then hunkered down in my office to finish up long overdue seminar materials.

Busy at work lately with a large new Chapter 11  bankruptcy case, kind of fun it filed here in NH. The big cases more often seem to file in Delaware.

Off to work soon to tend some work and some Manchester Marathon business-- just two weeks to go!

Happy weekend. Nice running to all; I have not studied things the last couple of days, sorry...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

hunkered down in my office to finish up long overdue seminar materials.

Busy at work lately with a large new Chapter 11  bankruptcy case,

kind of fun it filed here in NH. .

Off to work soon to tend some work

and some Manchester Marathon business-- just two weeks to go!

so much work on Saturday just doesn't seem right.

however, way to get in ten miles beforehand.

Bankruptcies aren't usually that much fun though.

The MCM work part does sound like fun though..

went to the rail trail for about 10.  Lots of leaves on the ground so it is a bit trickier to see the rocks.

I'll have to use your leaf-running explanation when runners wonder why barefoot runners

eschew running in the grass.  The brain just doesn't know the real ground

is really an inch or two beneath where it looks, . . . to say nothing of the hidden erratics.

Arrival of DD/GS (5-yo) this afternoon for a week of zoos, aquariums, dinosaurs, salmon hatcheries, ferris wheel, etc. is the only excuse I need, as if I ever need one, for an extended taper. yippee

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morn err afternoon, all.  the day is getting right along, isn't it?

After a long day of snuffling and coughing, I took some cough and cold meds and went to bed a couple hours earlier than normal.  Felt good enough to get up and attempt a run.  Apparently I felt a lot better, because even though I felt like I was shuffling, I ended up with a 3.1 lake lap at 9:16 pace.  Which happened to be faster than I ran a 5K in august.    Now I sort of wish that I had done another lap, but figured I would save the energy for tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I noticed earlier that nobody had started the daily and it was already quite late.  Today for me is a non-running day so it seemed odd for me to be the one to start the daily.  I am glad somebody did!  I did "run" to the local cheese shop and pick up a few goodies.  Now I just have to ration myself and not eat too much of it at once!  Tomorrow, I have my final pre Savannah marathon 20 mile run on tap.  I am hoping to toss in 10 at MP.  After that it is the start of taper time!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Nice surprise pace run stumpy!

Sounds like the PNWers and wildchild will have a fun meet-up. Great day of play for Tet and family---sounds perfect.

Thanks for the start lamerunner---see you in two weeks! I am well behind as well with a work-packed week and lots of plane travel.

Got up and out early to fit in 21 miles before heading over to Mt. Holyoke to watch the Seven Sisters XC championships with Mr. CNYrunner. Both of our alma maters ran strong although his (Vassar) edged out mine (Smith).

Weekend work here too as I have a presentation to complete and two client report deadlines looming next week. All fine though...Hudson is curled up next to me and the execu-drag is nowhere in sight.

King of PhotoShop

I think everyone is working today. I have a module to write on negotiation skills for my home builder client today.  Final big week of work before I go to Mexico with Holly the week after.

Tet, somehow I misread your question of the other day and thought you were talking about two different people.  But you meant Mays with the catch on Vic Wertz I think.  Somehow I was thinking of Gionfrido's catch that robbed DiMaggio.

Well, we went out to the Lake today and I did 6 and the Saint did 5, so I got my 35 in and she got her 32 in for the week.  Then we helped stuff race packets for our Club's race next weekend, and brought home a ton of shoes we are collecting for Soles4Souls, Hudson's school project.  9 area high schools are involved in the project and we expect to collect 25,000 shoes for needy people.

Tonight I think we will go in to Dallas and see an art exhibition where Travis works. Beautiful day here.  Spareribs

mrrun

no running, no work here.  Henry picked up his number for tomorrow's race and I somehow got suckered into signing up for it.  many friends are running it and it's the last race of the pub series, so it will be fun.  Then to the head of the charles where we watched the scullers racing for awhile - they were awesome, but the college kids near us were so young!  anyway out for lunch then home.  a lovely day overall.

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

After a run with the cross country kids. this morning, I came home and got ready for the coach's wedding.  He's 58 years old and this is his first marriage.  It was very nice.  Most of the current team came and some from past years showed up.  He is really a great guy.

But...now, I have to go to the boys' house and take a look at a leaky pipe and see if it's something I can fix or if we need to hire a plumber...the fun never ends.

I definitely didn't have it today. Woke up with intentions of running 12 miles, downgraded to 10 miles when I met up with a couple others, then ended up turning around at the 3-mile point to just get in 6+. I think it was a combo of running 4 times in 6 days (heavy load for me), cool & windy conditions, and a light drizzle that followed me all the way back to the start.

This reinforces my observation that I generally do better running on back-to-back days than if I take just one day off between ambitious runs. Two or more off days also works; it's just that every-other-day schedule that no longer works for me.

Looks like typical weather for tomorrow's Detroit (and Grand Rapids) marathons: in the high 30s at the start and only getting up to high 40s during the race. How well I remember!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...yeah, I didn't post either....PoolRunning isn't exactly HighDrama.......

.....34-min poolrun no belt, deep end only.....

=======

meanwhile,

coffee maker broke at work  yesterday,

lost my cellphone,

, then I caught cold

kinda getting scared to come out of the house...........which hasn't broke

yet

.............good running guys....................look both ways......I'll be bikeriding

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, that's a set of three for you, TW.  Guess that means the ride went really well.  Or you started on a new set of three.  Hope there were no geese involved. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.