Masters Running

The Epic Tale of Ribs’ Hospital Stay—in Pictures (Read 642 times)

Tramps

Now that Ribs is safely home and on the road to recovery, we’re starting to learn the full story of his dramatic operation and hospital stay. The National Enquirer reporter I spoke with assured me these photos are 100% authentic. Before the procedure, Ribs and the Saint were briefed on the operation. Ribs was fortunate to have access to a state-of-the-art medical facility. The doctors, too, were top-notch… …especially chief surgeon, Dr. Shaky Carver, an intense and brooding man with a mysterious past and a dark secret…but that’s another story. During the operation, it was an anxious and hair-raising wait for the Saint. The moment of truth finally arrived. Success! A couple of days after the operation, Ribs was out of ICU and feeling good enough to sing. This led to… …an unfortunate incident with a fellow patient who didn’t adequately appreciate Frankie Valli. As Ribs continued to improve, the nurses had an increasingly difficult time handling him. In fact, as we all feared might happen, Ribs did most of the handling. After a series of nurse “incidents,” staff tried to physically restrain Ribs but it was too late… …the nurses’ husbands had already heard about what was going on! So with the mob of angry husbands at the front door, the Saint made arrangements for Ribs’ hasty retreat out the back door. Time to head home! Back at the track, Ribs is a bit stiff but still looking good …in a smartly coordinated outfit, of course. Okay, this last picture is obviously not real; I added it. But he’ll be out there soon! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Ribs!

Be safe. Be kind.

Excellent.
      LaVita
        Nice synopsis, but would it be in poor taste to start making pork ribs and bacon jokes?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tramps

Nice synopsis, but would it be in poor taste to start making pork ribs and bacon jokes?
          Get in line: http://www.kickrunners.com/forum//showthread.php?t=35208 Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Head Procrastinator

I am on the floor........I swear I am typing this from the floor!! Big grin Did you save this as a word doc or something? I would love a copy. In fact if you did and you give me one, I have a site I can post it to that anyone can download it from.
            ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

King of PhotoShop

As many of you know, I make my living in part from the written word, and I pay very close attention to others on this site and Kick who have talent in writing, and Tramps is one of the most imaginative, creative and craftsmanlike writers I have ever seen. This thread is hysterical. You will also see my similar comments along these lines at the end of the thread to which Tramps has supplied the link just above. That thread on Kick is a riot. Tonight I am just relaxing and reviewing the funny as hell threads, plot lines, jokes, well wishes and other stuff. I am very tired. But tomorrow I start rehab and have a good plan to share with you, along with various insights about this extraordinary adventure. More tomorrow. Thanks Tramps. Spareribs
              DickyG

Too hysterical for words! Queen Pam wants the phone # of the person who did The Saint's hair... DickyG
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Big grin Big grin Big grin Thanks, Tramps!

#artbydmcbride

Tramps!!! Big grin You are awesome! I am rolling! Big grin

Runners run

This was awesome! You got quite a flair! Big grin

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The Jogger

Clever Tramps, very clever and also very funny, what an excellent likeness......Smile Roy

Marathon Maniac #957

Hah! The truth comes out! Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great, Tramps. TomS
                              Too funny tramps...just too funny! Big grin I can't wait to read more.
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Fantastic work, Tramps! But no more stories about how busy you are at work Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.