Masters Running

Thursday Workouts! (Read 779 times)

seemomgo

Lots and lots of upper body work with a snow shovel. Lots and lots of leg work climbing hills after gleefully sledding down them. Lots and lots of facial and neck muscle work while laughing our heads off when seemomgo flies over the jumps and into the snow bank head first. It's been a really good day. Running...maybe a little later on the treadmill.
      seemomgo--your post made me smile. Econo, you're a beast! Hey physics boy! [cassadAAmius--what IS that, bad spanish for my house and friends are in Ann Arbor??] Ribs, get better soon! roch, you're so swell. henrun, maybe we'll get to share a candle in Boston again in '08! oh tet, you and yer wymmin, I bet you've forgotten me Sad grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
      dg.

good morning masters. I just don't know. Wink hi Erika. thanks for asking. not sure how to answer! oh well. you poor thing!! how are you. did you actually run? hi ksrunr, hi Tammy. Smile
          greetings from southern Wisconsin... Third day here and so far I'm surviving the family visit. Very good to see my mom, dad and four nieces, especially. Got in a lovely, sunny run on the Oak Leaf trail system yesterday, which is just outside my sister's door. Recent snow had melted off and the footing was fine except for a few slick spots. Today, while my sisters, DD and nieces ice skated at the Petit Center, an Olympic training rink, I ran on the indoor track on the perimeter. Nice set up they have there. I'd never run on an indoor track before and it felt so effortless, so I made it a MP run. Lots of speedsters there today to move me along. Good workout. Several inches of snow predicted in the next 24 hours. I have the ice grippers ready for the running shoes and can't wait to use them again. I need to get the run-in-the-snow fix before we leave. I'm battling DS for computer usage. Runescape is the enemy. Roll eyes Dark Horse, I did see and laughed at your sun story the other morning about your son. Mine isn't averse to sun, but I can relate to the sleepwear. He is averse to pants these days. He's still wearing shorts most days and sleeping in them, too.
          millbot

[cassadAAmius--what IS that, bad spanish for my house and friends are in Ann Arbor??]
            I'm going to guess that CassadAAmius = Quintus Cassadamius (in AA), the made-up foreign name of Quenton Cassidy, the hero of Once a Runner. If I'm right, what do I win? Big grin
              I had a lovely 3.75 mile run around and around my block. It was a balmy 46F, bright and sunny. I used my new mp3 for the first time and it rocks. Big grin Congrat's to OrangeMat on your first 10 miler the other day - awesome! Same to Liz, who has had 2 days of running in a row, is that right? Mariposai, gorgeous avatar! Cmom, what a blast you're having! Here in n. Va it's green instead of white. Tongue Deb, love that pic! I loved that show, but now I can't figure out why. Jem
              CassadAAmius

I'm going to guess that CassadAAmius = Quintus Cassadamius (in AA), the made-up foreign name of Quenton Cassidy, the hero of Once a Runner. If I'm right, what do I win? Big grin
                AAmos! millbot, you win a tomwhite Bobblehead with accessory sword and pirate hat. (He looks so lifelike...)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

oh tet, you and yer wymmin, I bet you've forgotten me SadA
                  grin again swoon-to-the-moon hardware goddess chum (1st or 2nd ag in every area marathon to date) missin’ you since Seafairin’ with you in 2006 and the 2004/2005 Sleepless-in-Seattle SM’s, we’re always checking the MM calendar for your latest adventures. Hope we’re part of one or more of ‘em next year. BOOMERS NOW AND FOREVER - as far as what we are, Hot Tub Queen goddess and I are on opposite ends of official boomerdom but we both snuck in in CR and sealed it with five happy Eugene miles to be boomer buddies forevermore no matter what anyone else says or what it’s called or where we post. Anyway, after so many boomer hot tub parties, . . . I mean reunions, . . who wants to have to go to a masters’ meeting and have me and enke have to be masters at next year’s Eugene. Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

AAmos! millbot, you win a tomwhite Bobblehead with accessory sword and pirate hat. (He looks so lifelike...)
                    Holy Cow!! That was the prize! No fair! i want to win one of those too. Surprised

Runners run

evanflein

Wow, end of page 5 already? I guess it is getting late in the day. Ok, yes I did make it out for my run yesterday... Rare Winter Running Glamour Shot... My eyelashes totally iced up and I was really frosty by the time I was done. Looks like some already melted by the time I got DS1 off World of Warcraft to take the pic. Dave59, I agree... Holly has a funny idea of rest days. Soundrunner, I battle my kids all the time for the computer. My strategy has been to get up way before them... but then I find DH checking his e-mail on it! Grrr. Need another 'puter in this house! C'mom... I bet you're having the most fun of anyone with the workouts!! Went to the gym today while the kids were out snowboarding. 4 miles on the treadmill and OMG that was much harder than it should have been! I almost bailed about 15 times, but then I'd be mad at myself all day so cranked them out and hit the shower. Mailman gave us our mail and our neighbors mail today. When we went to put her mail in her box, we found her next door neighbor's mail in there! I bet the mail man was off one address all the way down the road. That sort of sloppiness really annoys me to no end.

Manchild

Wow, Page 5!! I ran after work, do many of you remember such a thing??? About 4:30 PM on the thing in my cellar. 4 miles slowly at 1.5% incline. It was kindof a nasty day outside what with freezing rain and such so I opted for the thing. Wink Masters and mistresses(if need be) is fine for me. I'll always remember logging on to Boomers with some gleeful emotion but Masters Running is ok. I'm just really happy with this site, the log and most of all that we and many new to us people are together and posting in a harmonious way. The true nature of running as I see it. Peace, Chris
                        bap

New PR, not to be repeated for a long time. 6 successive days of running. 30.46 miles @ 9:03 pace with an average heart-rate of 129 (70%). Tonight I warmed up for 3/4 mile then ran 4 around Central Park at 8:45 pace. 4.8 miles total. It was unusually warm at 45 degrees versus the forecast of 35.

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

Tag

5 miles in late afternoon today. 4th straight run that I felt sluggish running with heart rate a little higher than it should have been for the weather and pace. I'm either a little bit tired or I've been eating too much during the break. Taking tomorrow off.
                              Well excuse meu> (hey, he just got a Kennedy Center honor, so I quote the best). Who can afford to read a book that is: 1) out of print 2) available for over $200!? ......I guess physicsboys............... O gosh, at least Tet claims to remember me...... evanflein, cool (in so many ways!) photo! Hey soundrunner, good to hear from you! grins, A
                              Masters 2000 miles

GreenMan

Great Picture Erika Mari Butterfly, so nice for you to watch after me. I should've read first and then ran/no ran But I ran before I read. I actually tried to talk myself outta the run, but couldn't find a pain that called for real attention. My energy was ok, but psychologically I wasn't totally on board. But when I started, after 15min on the elliptical,my HR was lower, my pace was good, and I began to get on board mentally. So I kept going just to see what would happen. It wasn't suppose to be a hard run anyway, M+1:30-2:00. By the end my feet were sore, as usual, but I was picking up pace all the way back, mostly up a 1.5-2% grade. It felt like I was being pulled by an invisible force. Maybe I stepped in some fairy dust or something??? But tomorrow is REST REST, no XT either 12M and change Thanks JJJ Would someone get erika and econo some hot cocoa?
                                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.