Masters Running

Thursday Workouts! (Read 779 times)

TammyinGP

what a nice pic of you Erika in your post running glow! Tet - have a told you lately how much I love you? in that boomer buddy foreevermore type of way of course Blush I'm counting down the days til we meet up again . . . actually the Eugene Marathon site is counting down the days for me! Cool trying to get motivated to do some ab work at home this evening. I'm so cold, all I want to do is curl up on a blankey on the couch - but I know if I actually did some exercise I'd warm up quickly.

Tammy

Mariposai

Oh, I thought Tammy was going to say...I am cold...one of those nights were I just never want to get out of the hottub...specially if a certain hottub god is with me Blush Erika, woow.... you are onegoregous Snow/Frost Queen. YOU are even more beautiful than usual with those frosty eye lashes. JJJ- naughty boy...you should always read your posting before you go out for a run. Shishhh, some people are so hard to coach. Big grin Soundie, I am so glad to hear you are doing OK with eh family gatherings. Run an extra mile for me sisstahh. Especially if you are running on fresh snow. 5 miles intervals on the mill tonight. It is good that I ran those intervals since I came back home to find my DD#1 grilling the best steak ever for the family. WinkI sure love having my college student home!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mustang sally

Bad faerie

7.2 mi in about an hour, including a ladder of 400,800,1200,1200,800,400, HR right around LT, with 200m rest intervals. Goal - increased ability to tolerate work at LT, and control, control, control, over pace. The track was closed for the holiday - the wussy brothers got the workout and bailed for the treadmill, but I was wearing my spanky new Christmas present Sugoi hoodie top and decided to give it a workout on UVic's 2km ring road. (36F, 40MPH winds from the ENE, occasional sleet). I am pleased to report that the hoodie is Just The Thing and that you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. It was perfect for this weather. The workbouts averaged around 8 min/mi, the workout in general came in at 8:55. That'll do.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

O gosh, at least Tet claims to remember me...... A
          Huh, you think I'm gunna forget what we did at the Pink Door, . . . I mean forget that you and divechief introduced econo and me to the Pink Door at your 8th marathon in November 2004 and that, since then in barely three years, you have run 83 more marathons and ultras capturing first place AG in 70 of your 91 marathons in 43 states/provinces, including a couple of second place overalls, women's overall, masters, etc. plus 96th/24th/19th out of as many as 1,285 other ag women in consecutive Bostons. No particular reason (except that Tammy will be there too runnin her first marathon with enke and you might be able to help econo get to Boston too), but have you ever run the Eugene Marathon?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Mariposai... please tell me you meant DS#1... not DD? I didn't think you had a daughter...? MustangSally, Soundrunner, Econo... what've we gotta do to get these guys to Ragnar in the desert in one piece?? I'm getting worried... MC, fearless leader.... any idea of alternates? Or are we counting on these miscreants showing up to run??
            evanflein

The workbouts averaged around 8 min/mi, the workout in general came in at 8:55. That'll do.
              Indeed, m'dear, indeed. Yeah, you. You are doing so well, I'm so happy for you! (and since we'll have to be pulling the weight for the dudemeisters in AZ... yeah for all us chick-lets!) ************ Ok... too many howling wolves in a row.. might need to change the avatar...

Marathon Maniac #957

BAP – congratulations on your days-in-a-row PR. Erika - I love your howling wolves, doesn't look like too many to me. I know what you mean, though. I was thinking the same thing about cowboy hats when I was in a fit of overposting yesterday (slow day at work). Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

GreenMan

That wolf's not howling. It's singing. I like it. jjj
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.