Masters Running

And now it's Wednesday........ (Read 31 times)

70s and Gorgeous

30-min HH walk, no cane

got a little bit of Tweek from my left (non-operative side) ankle, packed it in

..........Elliptical and PoolRunning tomorrow, but won't have time to post

since I'm going to see DD2 and Claire immediately after I finish

.....................good running guys...............Have a Great Week

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

And soon it will be Thursday if others do not pop in here soon! Who knows why I am posting, no running for me today just time on the elliptical. Too bad, beautiful day out!

SteveP clearly tattoos! I believe zombie love bit the dust or arm or some such. 

I went to the local neighborhood group's meeting last night. One tidbit I picked up and was happy to hear, is that a set of trees marked for removal are actually town trees that will be removed and replaced. They are in front of new construction. Typically, builders take down every tree on the property. I have been told it makes it easier to get the heavy equipment in for construction and that it adds to the home's curb appeal. In either case we lose deciduous trees and if we are lucky get evergreens. A poor trade in my view. In this case it will be a swap of large but ill deciduous trees for little healthy deciduous trees.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

I love deciduous broad-leaf trees!

I went to my friend Renee's Body Blast class last night for the first time in months.  I need to go more often, but it is so hard for me to motivate after work.  Sure was nice to see her again though.

P90X Legs and Back for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

4.3 for me this morning.  I finally got off my butt and found a local dentist and doctor.  I meet the doctor tomorrow.

So a guy walks into a bar, and he’s looking pretty frisky. A man on the barstool next to him pipes up: “What are you looking so happy about?” The guy replies, knocking back a shot of whiskey, “I’m lighter than air. I’m paying someone to do my worrying for me.” His puzzled seatmate queries, “How are you going to come up with the money to pay him?” The happy camper answers, “I don’t know. But that’s his worry now.”

New skirt in town

I walked up and down stairs today!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Sayhey! MM#130

Good afternoon!  Speedsters welcomed one of our NYC marathoners home last night with cake and cookies.  She was able to hobble across the bridge, LOL at your post, Robin.    I did a mere 4+ last night (it's dark!) and then 6+ this am.  Very pretty dawn.  (It's light!)

I'm sticking with the malt balls over the Deciduous leaves.

Well tw, then take some pictures to post.

We're having warmer than usual weather for this time of year.  Means the marathon Sunday will be a slow one.   And then the next one, the Monkey, will be a slow one b/c of the hills.  And the flying monkeys .

Time for a walk.   It seems to be catching--lots of walking going on, so I'm gonna join in.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I'm back! Gonna go read what y'all have been up to these last few days, but I just want to add one more big smile about the beautiful weather we've been having here. It's 70°!! Yes - that's right! It's November 4th!  This is Green Bay, Wisconsin!! My grass is still growing!!

We had a great time visiting our DD and SIL in Seattle for 5 days (well, except for that horrid football game I don't want to talk about). And Aamos - I got to the Tattered Cover Bookstore. It was awesome, and I left with so many new books it will take months to read them. But that's ok, winter is coming. But not this week anyway

5 miles this morning in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt! Have a good hump day everyone.

The last couple of days have been great here.  High temperature over 70 and sunny.  This morning, when I went out to run, it was in the high 40s and almost calm.  I did 5 miles at a 10:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

I had to go down to town for groceries today, so I took advantage of the warmer temps down there and did my 6 mile run in Golden on the creek trail, in a skirt and short sleeves.  It started raining lightly as I finished, and the rain turned to snow as I drove home up the canyon.  Snowing hard now - it's actually really pretty!

My DH has decided not to come with me to Moab for the race - we're supposed to get good weather again here by the weekend, and he has some outdoor projects to finish up.  Plus, he gets bored waiting for me to finish a race, so I don't really blame him, but it would have been nice to have company on the drive.  Holly, I was just thinking about you and Renee and Tara today - remember how much "fun" we had running Moab two years ago?  I'm so  looking forward to running it again on Saturday!   (I put "fun" in quotes because it's a tough course - when Holly finished, she had a bloody knee, and was wet from tripping and falling into the creek!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Reminds me of a quote from here that I can't remember who to credit.  "It's just like fun, except different".

I've been rendered hors de combat by a large ear infection.  Kicked the carp out of me on Monday--thought i had the flu, but by the end of the day it was pretty swollen.  So i ended up with a nice shot in the butt to start and 10 days of horse pills.  Bleh.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

moebo

Robin, those pictures are fantastic! Congratulations on your NY Marathon finish. And good to see you are walking again already!

Not much time to post much here, but wanted to stop in to say hello. I did 6 yesterday on my way to vote, but nothing (save a little elliptical warm-up and some measly weights) today. Hoping to go out in the morning.

Okay, back to work figuring out how to use Google Classroom for tomorrow's lesson plan...

Good night!

Mariposai

Great pictures from our speedy Robin.

Holly, good for you for going to the group workout.  I am trying to make it to mine twice a,week.

Carolyn,  enjoy Moab. One of these days I will make it there.

I left work early today to enjoy a lovely sunset run. Six miles with 4x two blocks up Ash Hill.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Great Robin blowing kisses photo.
                            Few, if any, ever get better than that.
                            Question - with 50,000 runners, are the mile markers (and kilometer, if any)

elevated for good visibility or down at ground level where few can see them?
                            Chilly sub-40o morning recovery walk with warm gloves and Daniel Boone faux racoon hat plus sunny return five miles at barely fifty degrees..  Still need to hang on for dear life but able to go down stairs two-at-a-time, now, instead of one-by-one. First time in 39 years of running to still be sore four days later.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

- when Holly finished, she had a bloody knee, and was wet from tripping and falling into the creek!)

I believe that's called "trailrunner baptism."    Certainly by the end I was thanking the Good Lord that it was finished....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Yay!!! No canes!!!!!! Have fun TW.

LOL at your post, Robin.  

A sales rep from a cabinet company invited two of our sales people, myself and our spouses to dinner. I've been apprehensive regarding these situations. Typically, the host will steer the conversation, "This is so much fun. How about a year from now we all take a cruise. I'll pay." Then will add, "All you have to sell is.........". The spouses love the bait and urge their beloved to bite the hook. That's all well and good. Except I'm a warehouse rat. This wasn't the case at all. We simply had a nice time. I couldn't pronounce most of the stuff on the menu. The waitstaff was always coming around grabbing our silverware and replacing it. I was the one in the batman shirt.

SteveP