Masters Running

Tax Day Boomer Runs - 4/15 (Read 484 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning!! I love it when I'm first. Big grin I'm a bad mom. I forgot to take Brinkley's electric fence collar off this morning. I was trying to figure out why he seemed calmer, acted kind of strange, when it dawned on me! I took it off before we went back up the driveway - but he was hesitant to cross the line. Poor Brinkley, 6 miles at 9:48 pace - one wabbit chase - one truck hitting something and then kept going. Scared the carp out of me, but too far away for me to see what he hit. Happy 2s'Day ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hopeful.. I remember when Tory first was training for an invisible fence. He ran across it and yelped, I went outside, he saw me and ran to me yelping again as he crossed back through it. He was pretty good avoiding it after that Smile 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 38:53 (9:43 pace AHR 146 with x 100m strides). Chilly 38 so bundled to keep toasty warm. Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Smile Thanks for starting us off Mary, and nice runs with Brinkley and Tory to both of you....I think my mom would have like to had one of those collars things on me when I was a ornery kiddo Big grin Little sore this morning as I have had some good mileage the last 3 days with a lot of high intensity work. Time to re-new my drivers license after work today, so I get to look forward to the goofy mug shot picture. Have a good day all....does everyone have their tax's done Roll eyes Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Me

Good morning I'm fighting my way back after being on the DL for a while. 3 miles for me this morning. Cheers, Mike
            Good morning Boomers. One of those glorious mornings when you just feel like you could run forever and NOTHING HURTS! 7.5 miles in 68:30 followed by 5 minutes jumping rope. Nothing like a little "Rubber Band Man" to get your mushy legs going. Nice runs Mary (with a mellow Brinkley), Perch and Mike. Mary, how's the marathon training coming along? Tim - rest those sore legs. Sounds like they've had quite a workout. Our Boston friends must be sleeping in today. I guess it is taper week. I've got the day off, the sun is out and it's supposed to get into the 60's. The golf clubs are coming out of the basement, and DH and I are planning on walking 18 this afternoon. Good Tuesday runs, everyone. Jeanne

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mrwhite – hello! 6 comfortably-paced miles for me today (ave pace 9:55) in 30 degrees. I’ve been overeating the last few days, and it’s soooo tempting to run extra miles to make up for it, but this is taper time, and so I had to remind myself that this is not the time to be worrying about weight. I can hop on that bandwagon next week. Happy Tuesday! ETA - Jeanne - I'm so jealous! Have fun golfing. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mary, Thank you for starting us off! Perch - you are so ready for Boston...yay BTB - hope you heal quickly...so you can run even more (crazy runners) Welcome back MrWhite Jeanne, it's one of those beautiful days too..no wind and sunny wish I could be running but I know it's my rest day...I am now coached to well. Holly - no worries about overeating at this time of your race schedule. enjoy No running today, just some light spinning after yesterday's tough workout. Core work, etc...and that is it. Off to work Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

A rest day for me as I am traveling all day. Will post tomorrow from Pittsburgh. What a relief on the taxes. The Saint figured out the quarterly payment for '07 right on the button, so we are carefree for the first time in ages. Good to see you Mrwhite. Spareribs
                  seemomgo

Hi all - back from my trip to the Bay area. Wow - what a great trip with the LunaChix! We started out in Berkeley at the Clif headquarters - definately a cool place to work - and then stayed in Mill Valley. What a great location to have an active group get together. Bike trails, running trails - the works! We met the pro athletes who are sponsored by Luna - they led group runs and rides as well as seminars. It was awesome! Saturday morning we ran 17 miles - from the hotel around the trail for a while and then to the Golden Gate Bridge and back. Talk about HILLS!!! Holy moly! Sunday morning we ran to the ocean on a different path - another 8 miles or so. The weather was hot and clear, the sites were outstanding and the commeraderie was terrific! When I grow up I want to live in Sausalito - own a sailboat and race those hills on a bike like the locals do! So looks like a lot of taper madness is in full swing, carbo loading with birthday cake and still some nagging injuries. I'll get caught up with Bob's posts!! Great days to all and warmer days coming for you easterners!
                      6 miles at a nice 'n easy pace. I'm freaking out now - 3 of the 4 weather sites I'm obsessively checking now call for rain. Someone on the Boston thread went so far as to say some models indicate "chance of a noreaster". I should probably stop paying attention for at least another couple of days. Enjoy your golf outing, Jeanne!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Seemomgo - Sausalito was my favorite place to visit when I was out there last month. Jlynne - have fun golfing today!! I have not started Marathon training yet. I have to get through my 25K next month and then the training will start in June - yikes!! Thanks for asking though! Boy, this site is quite during taper time . . . . .

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Today was one of those rare late season IRC days down here. The cold front that socked many of you last week with a late-season snow storm came through here and brought us 58 degree temps, low humidity, and breezes. The high will struggle to reach 80. So today's 6 miles at GA was pleasant and easy. 9:10 min/mile pace and 135 average HR. I won't see too many more of these, if any, once this one goes away. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

The high will struggle to reach 80.
                            I could just smack you right upside the head for that........ Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning All, Speed day for me today. 5 miles total in 47:35@9:31/mi pace. Speed consisted of cruise intervals: 3x1 mile with 1:00 rest. Mile times were 8:20, 7:56, 8:05. Warm-up mile was 10:34, cool-down 9:40. My goal pace for the cruise intervals was 8:22, so the last two were a little fast. I felt good through all three miles. Hope everyone has a great day. Boston runners remember this is a taper week! Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Holly, I'm jealous of all you people running Boston and you're jealous of my temps. This just makes us even. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong