Masters Running

Thursday, 6.25.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sorry, but my time is not my own again this morning.

6.25 RW tempo miles at Jay o'clock this morning. 60F, dry air - nice.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  6 easy this am, later than usual, mid 70s.  Last night was a rare coolth one so DH and I both went out.  Got in 7 spunky miles and a Lakes Park visit before the rains came (they're usually much earlier).  Enjoyed the sounds and scent of the rain while having supper and listening to the Sox win.

Next run, with luck, should be in Michigan. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Travel Day.

A humid 4.5 miles to start the day.

In the process of packing and hitting the road in a bit.

BlazinCajun

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is doing well?

Nice tempo workout Jay with cool weather to boot.

Amy enjoy your next run in Michigan.

Slo_Hand - Many folks just write off their travel days. Good job getting a run in.

Ran a 7 mile fartlek run along the powerline this morning. Grass needs mowing. Covered in bahia grass seeds and the thick grass made it a little difficult to see the undulations of the ground so had to fartlek a little slower. Have a routine endoscopy tomorrow morning - my first one. Not looking forward to it.

Have a greta day! Andrew

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

King of PhotoShop

Aamos, your Sox can't get any luck at all.  They win a game, and lose two key players to the DL.  Let's hope for quick recoveries for them both.

Hey EK!  Happy anniversary!

Well, it finally caught up to me. Set out this morning with my wife to run 4 miles or so and packed it in after 1. Just no energy, dead legs, and it's no good pushing through it as I would always be running on a tired body and that's no way to train.  Better day tomorrow I bet. Spareribs

Henrun

Aamos, your Sox can't get any luck at all.  They win a game, and lose two key players to the DL.  Let's hope for quick recoveries for them both.

Hey EK!  Happy anniversary!

Well, it finally caught up to me. Set out this morning with my wife to run 4 miles or so and packed it in after 1. Just no energy, dead legs, and it's no good pushing through it as I would always be running on a tired body and that's no way to train.  Better day tomorrow I bet. Spareribs

Hope you feel better tomorrow Ribs.

Happy anniversary EK.

That kinda season for the Sox- got so frustrated after their loss the other day that I wore an old NY Mets hat to a meeting

We have one of Marj's GC staying here for 3 days as she starts her summer vacation. Keeps Marj busy and she loves it. They just  cycled part of the way downtown and got on the T for the rest of the trip. I headed out for 4 miles at 6 am to beat the heat and sidestepped a multitude of runners.

mari and Twocat, nice pictures of your get together.  Evan, happy anniversary.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s and almost calm.  I got in 3 miles at an 11:28 pace.

Shortly, I will be off for Charlevoix.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Dave59

Why am I here working all day if everyone else is already traveling to Charlevoix?  Oh well, I'll survive.

The roof cleaning company is finishing up outside.  Their business is called Ugly Shingles.

I ran another easy 3 this morning.  My body is either going to well rested or totally shocked (or both) when I go out for 13.1 on Saturday.

The roof cleaning company is finishing up outside.  Their business is called Ugly Shingles.

...at least they can't be accused of False Advertising.......

===========

..30-min poolrun, deep end only

.........speaking of Cruel Irony,

I took a REST DAY yesterday, and my Leg was Killing Me.........

kinda like playing the

Let The Cat In/ Let The Cat Out Game

............but without the cat.

...................good running guys........Hoping you and your legs reach a mutual agreement.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! We stayed in and had "surf and turf" on the grill with a nice bottle of wine. It actually sprinkled a little, enough to wet the driveway but nothing that'll make a dent on the fires.

Holly, the fires are not really close, we're not in any danger, but we are surrounded. There are hundreds of fires burning all around the state, so no matter which way the wind blows, we'll get smoke. We have ash on our car in the morning... It really is a good way to ruin an otherwise gorgeous summer!

Have fun in Charlevoix! We are expecting lots of pictures and details, of course! I hope your weather is good and everyone has fun (but how could you not??).

There's a painting company here called "Ugly Walls" and I hear they do a very nice job.

Good call, Ribs. Sometimes it's the smart thing to do and save the rest of your week.

We have our mile track race tonight, 3rd race in our local series of 8. Got an e-mail yesterday that they might postpone it to July 9 (not sure why they picked that date) and would let us know by 2 pm today. Yesterday and this morning the air quality index was "very unhealthy" so that pretty much cancels most outdoor activities.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

with the only noticeable rain in the last three months being the record-setting

1.57 inches on May 15, Mother Sol successfully beckoned me

for another four morning miles.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!  We made it here and the house is beautiful.  Sitting now with the first to arrive, TomS, getting ready to crack a beer....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

My race got postponed.... Guess I'll go run easy after a bit, out in the smoke...

wildchild

Carolyn

Looking forward to  Charlevoix reports and pictures!

I ran a 5.7 mile loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park -- the same run I did with Mike E a couple of days before the Wyoming marathon!  I think he had a 4 miler on the schedule (being taper week and all), but I really wanted to take him on some of my favorite trails in the park.  So I told him it was about 4 miles...   what's an extra mile or two?  Won't make or break the race, right?      And only 900 ft. elevation gain in the first two miles!   This was my last run before Saturday's 50k. Looking forward to it!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

too bad Erika.

don't go running anyway though

nice lupines yesterday Carolyn.

I've loved 'em at sea level up southeast of Erika-land and around the foothills of Mt. Rainier and Baker in Washington but didn't realize they had such a wide distribution.  I guess they're like ptarmigan pretty much at sea level in the northern latitudes but correspondingly moving up as their distribution moves south.  No wonder the official name seems to be Alpine Lupine.  I never knew that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)