Masters Running

January Masters Miles (Read 37 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, we made it through January!  Time to post your total miles, and any race awards or other interesting highlights of your month.

Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers.  But really, everyone should get an award for running in January, no matter how many or how few miles.

I just celebrated my 10 year runniversary in January!  I found the Cool Running boomers forum back when I started, and you guys  have kept me motivated and kept me company on this journey - thank you!  It's amazing how many folks from back then are still here.  But there are also a lot of new folks who've joined in over the years, and you've all helped make this a greta community!

Golden Gate Canyon State Park, on my favorite trail:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

rmcj001

Wild - another cool running refugee, but restarted running only 6 years ago and found Cool running about a year after that.  Been on RA for about 3 years now.

January, 218 miles for the month and year.  Only 1 race, trail half marathon, 3rd in age group.

Ray

MM #7877

236.9 miles for January.

Ran the Disney Dopey races. Then settled into some good training.

Thank You.

Philippians 4:13.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanking you once again, Carolyn.

76.7 miles for January.  About the only positive is that it's a very little dropoff from December and that i stuck with the 5 days a week 3 of the 4 weeks.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Running Anniversary, Carolyn!

187.5 miles for me in January.  If I can keep it up, maybe I will make 2000 miles this year....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Thanks, Carolyn! And congrats on your running anniversary. I don't remember mine, really, but I think sometime in 2003?

231.2 miles for January, giving a good start on my 2,400 mile goal for the year. Just gotta average 200 per month...

Congrats!  I celebrated my 13th runniversary in October.

Prime number, 101 miles.  Down for a week sick with a nasty virus.  TMI alert.............still hacking up junk.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

spacityrunner

94.2 miles for January...most I've been able to do in quite some time.  

Trails Rock!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Happy Runniversary!  And many more, WildCarolynChild!

I started running in 1979? I can't remember. I think I have always run. But I found Cool Runners Boomers in late 2004/early 2005. First met folks in real life at the Omaha marathon, September, 2005. The 5th of 7 marathons that year!

Here are my January stats.

January, 2016: 125.2 mi 19:31:27

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Another beautiful picture Carolyn! So envious of that beautiful sun and blue sky.

103.3 miles for me in January. No races, no medals, just trying to stay upright and focused

I've been running for over 30 years and I, too, was on the CR website back in the day. It's so nice that most of my virtual friends from there are still here on RA and posting on a regular basis.

Thanks for your hard work Carolyn!

Walk-Jogger

128 miles for January, the most I've run in a month since April of 2014.

I also ran my first race in eight months; a 5K, in a time of 19:53, which was good for 5th place O/A and age grades to 80.6%. An under 20 5K was my big goal for last year after turning 60 and I wasn't able to do it because of health problems. So it feels particularly good to be able to say it's done now. I think it's time to set another race goal for this year, and enter a few more races.

Jan  - 128.1

Dec  - 68.1

Nov -  58.0

Oct -   91.2

Sept - 43.2

Aug - 19.5

Jul  -  30.7

Jun  - 11.6

Retired &  Loving It

Great photo Carolyn!!

Congrats on the runniversary!! I think I would call it my 10 year runniversary as well!! Before Jan 2006 I would run just 30 minutes or so for cardio but never anything serious. That January I started training for a March 1/2 marathon (my 1st race ever) with a friend who later convinced me to run Boston 2006 - yikes - I must have been crazy!!

84.2 for January before I was sidelined with sciatica 

Highlight - Jan 1 plunging in the ocean at OOB, Maine for the Lobster Dip

denise

I, too, started at Cool Running, and I remember when we all fled over here.  Poor RA folks - didn't know what hit them at first!

Love the photo, WC ~~

Month: 132.5

YTD;  132.5   

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations on 10 years, wild.  It's amazing you have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time.  You've only been running marathons for 4 years and, how many have you done, now--including ultras?  Very impressive.

For January, I only ran one race, which was the Mississippi Blues Marathon.  I was 1st in my age group AND it was my 50th marathon.

After taking two weeks off, after the marathon, I have for...

January: 97 miles

And for 2016: Well...I guess that would be 97 miles, too...hey--I'm good with numbers, what can I say?

an amazing likeness

180.2 miles in January.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.