Masters Running

Monday, Dec 29 (Read 32 times)

mrrun

Happy Monday all!

Here's our 4 grandkids

Happy runs, walks, recovery days, parties, installs, anniversaries to all  My next run will be on Wednesday

((hugs)) to any who need it!

marj

Marathon Maniac #957

Marj - beautiful!

Erika - I know it seems early to take down the tree, but you have to remember that we put it up the day after Thanksgiving, and that it is a real tree that is usually beginning to shed needles after a month.  Still, I usually wait until the first of January to put away the decorations - the difference this year being that we are having a dinner party on Friday and I want to be able to use Thursday to do some housecleaning instead of putting decorations away.

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Only 9 weeks till March!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Beautiful grand kids Marj.

We took our tree down on Saturday but left the outdoor decorations for later this week.

Here is the final results form this weekends project. At first, I wasn't very excited about it but as usual DW selected something nice and it works well in the space.

Running in Nashville later today. Going to watch some ND football with family.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks marj. 
          grandkids are makin’ my day too as my DD’s best friend was struggling to figure what to do with an extra freebie airline ticket they had, . . . until I volunteered to fly up next weekend for a surprise trip to see DD and GS.  Somehow, not sorry anymore that the Japan trip got delayed a week.

ps MikeE - maybe for your next sermon (or a book), taking a break from the constant commercializing on the three sports radio stations in Seattle, I got in on the tail end of a sports and religion debate on Christian radio, including how sports can lead kids to religion as well as keeping them from Sunday church. Adults too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wow - that floor turned out beautiful! Nice job C-R.

Beautiful picture of your grandkids Marj. Have fun with them this week.

Our tree is at the curb too Holly. With all of the other messes going on in my house right now, the tree was one that seemed easily gone. Especially with our buyers coming through later today. The restoration company took the remaining fans and dehumidifiers yesterday afternoon. It seemed unusually quiet last night without all of that noise, though DH's hearing is not 100% and he had the sound on the television jacked up pretty high during the Packer game yesterday

Downright nippy this morning. 15° with a wind chill of 7. I was dressed right though. Two pair of socks and gloves, compression tights and other assorted goodies. 6 miles in the dark at Jay o'clock.

Have a great Monday everyone.

MTA - good morning Tet! Must be the day for grandkids. You look so happy in that picture!

Dave59

Great grandkid pictures. Can't wait for my next trip to Tallahassee.

I ran a mile on the treadmill at the gym before using the weights.  Just enough of a workout to not feel like a slug.

My "secret" to reducing stress was recognizing cognitive distortions (from the Feeling Good book by David Burns).  He lists 10 of them, and I had all 10 of them when it came to software installs.

Here is a brief summary of them http://www.apsu.edu/sites/apsu.edu/files/counseling/COGNITIVE_0.pdf

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Sorry, but I don't have time to ketchup on everyone's posts from the past few days.

Great photos of kids, Tet, and a beautiful floor this morning.Good use of a plane ticket, Tet!

Nice run in the freezer, Jlynne.

DW gave me a cold (not even gift wrapped!) for Christmas, so I've been out of commish and off the roads till this morning. It was 34F and a clear, moonless morning when I headed out. I just took it easy for 4.5 miles, but was glad to be out and using some muscles again. I'm not 100% yet, but am at least going in the right direction.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hi Marj - I'll take a [[[hug]]]

Started the day with a little 2 mile run and some chocolate matzo

Trees coming down already? I thought that I might wait until St Patrick's Day Wink

Jay - feel better soon!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

King of PhotoShop

Great pic of the grandkids Marj.

We had a good time on our anniversary.  After the long run of 16 and the party, we went out to dinner last night and had a fine meal.  This morning we took Lucy von Sheltie with us for a slow 2 mile recovery run.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

I will usually take down my C'mas decor on New Years Eve or New Years Day - something about starting out the new year with a cleaned house makes me feel more organized I think. But this year we are having people over on NY Day to watch college football so I think I'll wait til the 2nd.

Sadly, I just barely passed 400 miles for the year the other day. But David should be able to reach his goal of 1000 miles with these last 3 days to go. I think he has about 20 miles or so to go. We will run our clubs New Years Resolution Run on the 1st but then he's taking 3 rest days. He hasn't taken a rest day in a couple weeks since he's been trying to get to his 1000 goal. But he has intervals planned for me for the 2nd so I don't get to rest.

Tammy

Great grandkid photos! Lots of smiles and joy in all those.

Love the floor C-R! Is that wood-look tile? We put in a similar floor in our family room  a bit ago and love it!

Ran 14 miles with Iron J this morning and then organized my home office for 2015. It's in pretty good shape most days, but November and December were so hectic with work that I had a bit more shredding and organizing to do.

Go David!

Awesome running Ribs and The Saint and Happy Anniversary!

I had an interesting run yesterday.  A running acquaintance organized a 3 mile loop run with a house decorated by the Setti family for Christmas.  This is the house that won this year's CBS contest on the Great Christmas Light Fight show.  It is truly remarkable and this, alas, is its final year.  Below are some pictures from another night.  Last night the place was mobbed and I think these pictures from earlier in the season better capture what they have put up.  As for my running today it was 10 miles, part of which passed a nearly empty commuter parking lot at the local train station!  Not many people are going into the office around here this week that is for sure!

Setti house 2014 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Grandkids make everything better!!  Beautiful pic Marj and Tet!!  Love the house pics TwoCat!!

I'll take you up on that hug offer too Marj - an in person one if I make it to Lowell's 1st run.   We were supposed to go up to Old Orchard Beach with friends for a New Year's Eve celebration and a dip in the ocean New Year's Day, but I am just not in the mood for a loud celebration.  Think we will have a quiet New Year's Eve and I will either run in Lowell or Salisbury next day.

5.2 miles with a new friend for me this morning - joined a local women's running group Sole Sisters of Wilmington. It's been great getting to meet new people but MVS will always be my main club!!  Went to 9am mass then to the gym for a pilates class and upper body machines.

Spent time in our adoration chapel at church, did a little food shopping, cooked dinner for the family --- my mom thinks I should be resting on my day off -- hahaha.   Busy is better!!

Nicholas has f/u appt with surgeon Wed - hopefully final path results will be ready.  PET scan Wed afternoon and 1st oncology appt at Dana Farber next Monday..... I'm a mess but will hold it together for him.  Waiting is rough -- I want a plan so we can treat and beat this!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

Everyone in my family has a great sense of humor.  You may find it perverse at times here, but we're all the same. I like to think it gives us a different perspective.

I know many of you know my brother in law Joe who passed away a couple of years ago of cancer.  Everybody loved Joe.

So today my lovely sister sent me a photo of the address on a Christmas card that arrived in the mail today

The card had an address label on the front of the envelope.  And where the name should be, "Mr. and Mrs. Joseph (Name)" followed by the address, the upper left hand corner, where "Mr." would have been, was snipped out.

Of course it would be easy to be offended or hurt, but my sister and I laughed today.  I said, "I can just see the couple addressing the Christmas cards and one saying, 'Oh, he died didn't he? Hand me the scissors.'"

I was so glad we could both laugh. I said to my wife, "if Joe could have seen this, he would laugh the hardest."

I said to my sister today, who still grieves his loss, "We have choices about how we react to things."  I am proud we chose laughter.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Christmas lights are getting so welcome as the winter darkness consumes most of the day each fall that I’m getting so I don’t even mind seeing the pre-Thanksgiving, if not pre-Halloween, displays anymore and hope they stay up until at least New Year’s Day.  I don’t think Mikemp would know anything about it, . . . as wouldn’t I either, but certain establishments in Japan are said to feature year-round “christmas” lights around their window, doors, and premises to the extent a visitor we had over here some years ago expressed surprise that there were apparently so many bars in our residential neighborhood.
                                Ribs must have ended up with a heart of gold for such a generous response that not only speaks volumes about Mr. and Mrs. Ribs but also about brother-in-law Joe.  Incidentally, how long did the celebrants wait outside or, contrary to proper rules of running, did someone just happen to have a cell phone on the ill-fated 16-mile anniversary run around the park?

So today my lovely sister sent me a photo of the address on a Christmas card that arrived in the mail today

The card had an address label on the front of the envelope.  And where the name should be, "Mr. and Mrs. Joseph (Name)" followed by the address, the upper left hand corner, where "Mr." would have been, was snipped out.

Of course it would be easy to be offended or hurt, but my sister and I laughed today.  I said, "I can just see the couple addressing the Christmas cards and one saying, 'Oh, he died didn't he? Hand me the scissors.'"

I was so glad we could both laugh. I said to my wife, "if Joe could have seen this, he would laugh the hardest."

I said to my sister today, who still grieves his loss, "We have choices about how we react to things."  I am proud we chose laughter.  Spareribs

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)