Masters Running

03.14.13 Thursday Daily (Read 44 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

(have I mentioned lately what an awesome boy he is?).

That's cool.

Hey Jay--I hope all your meetings went well, today.

Karin--I think it's cool that you still spend time with your teammates...it's, probably, good for you, too.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard from wild, today, with Dave and Karin talking about Pi Day...why is this the first year I've ever heard about it?

That sounds like it's going to be a really cool building when they're done with it, Ribs.

How do the kids like having you run with them, Tammy?  The kids on Ryan's cc team always made me feel so welcome...they still do.  Those running kids are good kids.

I've always wanted to brew my own beer, dive, but time, money, and space has always gotten in the way...of course, none of those things have ever stopped me from drinking it.

Nice workout, C-R.

Hey deez--it it here, yet?

I'll have to read that article, when I'm done, here, Henry.  Yeah--the wind can ruin a lot of good runs.

I should have worn shorts today, too. Hemme.  I can't wait until it's just an every day thing.

I'm the same way, Holly, when I think about retirement...I don't want to wish those years away...but, man, I can't wait to retire.

I ran a very shlugish 6.3 miles, today, in 47:26.  I have my first race of the year, this Saturday, and I'm really nervous about it.  I don't know why I get myself so worked up over these things.  I'm NOT going to win!  Get over it!  Geeze--why can't I grow up?

Okay--that's all I got...for now.

Maniac 505

Mike:  that's what I always thought.  (I have a tiny condo)  $50 got me most of the equipment.   Brew day takes about 3 hours.  two weeks or so later, bottling takes about an hour..  other than that the beer is just sitting with the little  yeasties doing their thing.

all the ingredients cost about the same as a craft beer.

I think I will quickly scale up my brewery to make 2 gallons at a time.

I've always wanted to brew my own beer, dive, but time, money, and space has always gotten in the way...of course, none of those things have ever stopped me from drinking it.
      wildchild

Carolyn

I'm surprised that we haven't heard from wild, today, with Dave and Karin talking about Pi Day...why is this the first year I've ever heard about it?

You must not be a nerd!   Happy Pi Day!  Today was mud pi day around here.  5 miles of it.

Holly, what an awesome DS you have!  And an awesome Dexter dog!

Tammy and Mike are talking about looking like dorks...  today after my run, my DH and I took the dogs for a walk, and our road was so slushy/muddy when I ran that I changed to Sorel boots for our walk.  But I was still wearing running shorts and a tee shirt.  Quite the fashion statement...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rondog65

Hello all,

No run today as it was a SRD.  Much to my dismay I saw flurries flying in the air, no accumulation, however winter will not surrender.  I hope everyone had a small piece of pie today to celebrate Pi day (3.14).

Ron

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Pi Day is my favorite holiday.  In a couple years we can really go wild: 3/14/15.

especially looking digital watches at 9:26:53 am/pm.

Hey mike, only the bears, wolves, elk and giant rabbits along the Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon rails-to-trails route'll associate anything about your runnikng with being dorky. Be careful 'cause They really like green though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi guys,

We are busy, busy, busy with the kids' stuff today; track practice, swim practice, ccd, and open house for one. Still I managed to get in an easy 6 while the younger DD was at swim practice. Now it's off to open house...

Have a nice night. Smile

evanflein

Good luck to Leslie, although I think she's already gone.

I hope deez checks in soon with grandbaby news... how exciting!

OM, I'll have to check out that link a little later. And no, you're not too new to marathoning to have an opinion. You're a maniac for cryin' out loud! That gives you special privileges, ya know.  Wink

I can't wait to retire either. Just a few more years... but yeah, while I'm eager to get there, I don't want to "wish away" all the intervening years, either. Right now my main concern is my kids with one starting out in the Marines and one trying to find his calling in life. (whoever said you have them for 18 years and that's it was an idiot)

Pi Day. You guys are funny.

8.2 hilly chilly miles on icy bumpy roads with icy ruts and a windchill! Not sure what it was, but parts of this run were pretty cold! Wind was mostly from the SE, and I was running pretty much E to W and back so whenever I was facing the sun I had a tail wind, sun to my back and a headwind. Interesting combination.

Mariposai

I can't believe Lucy is 5 yrs old, Ribs! wow. you've been a dog loving softie for 5 whole yrs now.

EXACTLY what I was thinking Big grin. I remember clearly the day we all saw Lucy's picture for the first time!

Today's running was husband induced. I planned to take a REST day, but when I arrived to the house I saw my sweetheart all dressed up for running waiting for me to go out. I laced up my shoes and off I went for a 3 miles with him.

So Tamster, how did the compression socks work for you. Did the kids even notice it?

Divechief, my DS#1 does his own brewing. I am sure he will enjoy the book you are talking about.

Erika, your focus is in the right place. Your sons. It is where my focus is at right now as well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Mike, the kids like it when I join them. There's a couple girls on the team that always like to run with me, chat, etc.  David, for the most part, sort of keeps his distance and runs up front with the fast kids. that's fine. I give him his space. I know it's not always "cool" to have mom around, or at least not show that you think it's cool. Or maybe he was keeping his distance because I looked like a dork today. Black compression sox, running skirt. . . .  when we were lined up on the track for a few cooldown laps, i asked him if he thought I looked like a dork with my compression sox. another girl piped up "you don't look like a dork! I like those".  Smile

I got in 4 with the kids and then another mile on the track. 8.43, 8.50, 8.14, 8.17, and 8.02. I was mostly with the mid pack kids. David and a couple others were running their easy pace of 7:30's. and a couple kids towards the back (with another mom that came today to run in the back with the slower kids) that were running 10:00. it was a good workout for me.

Tammy

Mariposai

Mike, the kids like it when I join them. There's a couple girls on the team that always like to run with me, chat, etc.  David, for the most part, sort of keeps his distance and runs up front with the fast kids. that's fine. I give him his space. I know it's not always "cool" to have mom around, or at least not show that you think it's cool. Or maybe he was keeping his distance because I looked like a dork today. Black compression sox, running skirt. . . .  when we were lined up on the track for a few cooldown laps, i asked him if he thought I looked like a dork with my compression sox. another girl piped up "you don't look like a dork! I like those".  Smile

I got in 4 with the kids and then another mile on the track. 8.43, 8.50, 8.14, 8.17, and 8.02. I was mostly with the mid pack kids. David and a couple others were running their easy pace of 7:30's. and a couple kids towards the back (with another mom that came today to run in the back with the slower kids) that were running 10:00. it was a good workout for me.

I love everything about this post!!!

Tamster, You ROCK as a mother and runner!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

arf

MM #405

I love everything about this post!!!

Tamster, You ROCK as a mother and runner!!!

I second that opinion !!   And also include all the other incredible women here !!!

6 easy recovery miles for me with Otis (my friends Pointer).   It just keeps on snowing and snowing every day....

Erika -  We have the same stupid icy bumpy conditions here.

Ribs and Holly - 5 and 6 years old...unbelievable....I remember the puppy pictures of Lucy and Dexter.

Deez/Nonna - Is Baby here yet??   Hoping all is well.

Leslie - wishing you luck and lots of fun!

Posie - beautiful how you run quite often with your "sweetheart"

Dive - very cool about your beer brewing!   I'm sure it will be delicious!

night friends

arf

Bushrat Runner

Today I played basketball.

Ouch.

I will survive.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance