Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.21.14 (Read 28 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Slo, especially for a relatively small race, you have so much going on on race day! Congrats to you and your team for pulling it all together. I also love the glass awards, and the AG awards - well chosen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to SuperGranny! What an amazing woman you have in your life, CNY. Of course, you're amazing as well. Very impressive numbers for the Hot Chocolate Run!

Janie, I'm so sorry about the news about your mom. Yes, your dad will certainly have his hands full, To call ALS a cruel disease is an understatement.

Marj, early in the morning I don't know if I should be more afraid of the wildlife, the folks heading home from bars (thanks, Aamos), or the hunters out to get an early start. However, I think the truth is that they are all more afraid than I when they see me walking down the road at that hour!

Speaking of walking, I didn't this morning. I slept too little last night, so when I go up to feed the cat at 4, I decided that I needed zzz's more than a workout this morning. So I curled back under the covers and slept well for another hour.

So I see there are a couple of goddesses racing in Philly this weekend, and other folks in the PNW and Tulsa. I wish good racing and fun times to you all!

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Morning Jay. Glad you got a little extra rest. I should listen to the body.

Happy birthday to SuperGranny. Way cool.

I'm sorry Janie. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Slo - very very nice.

Got back late yesterday and managed one mile to keep a streak going. Quick 5.5 this morning as we are off to Chicago for Patrick to run Regionals tomorrow to qualify for nationals........and then to Nashville for me to run Monkey on Sunday. Oh boy. I have seriously lost the plot but someone once told me that life is a wild rise and you just grab on the reigns and hang on.

Good luck Philly runners.

Anyone from here running Monkey? If so, a meet up is a must.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

King of PhotoShop

So sorry for your loss Janie.  I'll be thinking of you in Grapevine tomorrow.

Warm and muggy today in the low 60's and I did a recovery run with the Saint after yesterday's track workout.  4.5 miles at about 10:30 pace.

Playing bridge this afternoon, then dinner tonight with my sister and her family.  Spareribs

Slo

It's been go go go for me.

I'm hoping I can get a little reprieve tonight...and a nice run of some signifigant distance in tomorrow morning.

No Monkey for me this year but i will be back to do it again.

janie b good

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well-wishes.  It means a lot to me and my family.

3.30 t'mill miles for me today.  sunny, 29* outside-- but still opted for the t'mill.

On a happier note-- my daughter just found out a few minutes ago that she passed her state nursing exams!  So, she is now officially a nurse and will start her new job on December 1.  Hurray for Nicole Smile

Husband and I have concert tickets for this evening.  Looking forward to rocking out to some live, alternative rock music.  Party on Wayne!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Not much to report.  This was a no running day for me.  Tomorrow, if I get up in time, I will try to meet up with the local jogging club.  So close to having given blood my guess is that nobody will be wiling to go slow enough for me to run with.  Why am I going then?  I have no freaking idea!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Too bad we're not closer--that might bring you down to my pace.

Good thing I got all my training out of the way for last weekend.  I now have four 1-2 day trips (3 flying) scheduled along with 30 hours of vacation time that I'm supposed to use up all set to happen before I go on an already scheduled vacation at Christmas time.  I've been VERY lazy this week--a common occurrence after I finish a planned race.  Need to pick something interesting for the spring and get back out on the road.

good runs to Patrick in C'town and Norm in N'ville.  And happy Philly to Deez and Amy.  Wish they'd been able to come to Richmond, but then again, I couldn't come to Philly either.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Happy Bday to Super Granny!!

Janie - Hugs and prayers to you and your family.  <3

I'm still around, believe it or not.  Was on vacation last week, and then came home with a nasty cold/sinus infection.  Our office is like a hospital ward at the moment.  We're calling my boss Patient Zero, since we believe it all started with him about three weeks ago.  The unpleasant side of working in a large office - it's a veritable petri dish of disease. 

I left early from work on Wednesday, then stayed home yesterday.  Our department secretary sounds like she's on death's door, so she stayed home today.

I was a lazy bum in AZ, and ran 3 miles this past Tues.  Since then - nada.  All this is gonna bite me in the butt when I start back at it.

OK - Back to work.  Have a great weekend ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Taking a little time off is ok Leslie.

I'm cross posting this from another forum. It is well worth the watch.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11909407

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

I took a break from the computer at lunchtime to try to get most of my TG grocery shopping done and couldn't believe what a madhouse the store was even at a weekday lunchtime.  My brother, SIL and nephew are coming up from VA, and I will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  We will also have my nephew, his wife and their four little boys, so it will be a busy day in the Holly household.  I have taken a vacation day on Wednesday, and hope to get a lot of things prepared ahead of time.  That way I can run the local Turkey Trot without getting behind schedule on Thursday. 

7 easy-paced miles in 12 degrees.

I saw a falling star in the predawn darkness.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Swam.

That, and spent a little time on the phone with each of my kids.  DS19 has been drifting in retail since high school and finally bucked up the courage to see a career counsellor.  He called, full of ideas and optimism.  DD17 is working her backside off in school and called to tell me about her university applications.  She's stressed out and worried.  Poor kid.  The "successful" one is so tightly wound.

I'm going back to Victoria to see them both over the Thanksgiving weekend and that's just the most wonderful thing.

BlazinCajun

Jay - Thanks for starting the thread today - enjoy the day off from RW miles

Janie - praying for your mom and dad. Congrats to your daughter and enjoy the concert

C-R - nice streak and good luck in the regionals

Spareribs - nice built in coach for The Saint - enjoy your visit and bridge

Slo - nice choice of awards

Twocat - I gave blood then followed that up with an intense workout - dumb move on my part because I turned green

Hey Stumpy - enjoy those short trips

fattozzig - take care of yourself and come back strong

Holly - 7 mad miles at 12 degrees - brrrrrr, good job

7 easy miles in sunny 67 degree air

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

Andrew

Andrew
                          ------------------
                          God, my Lord, is my strength;
                          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                          and enables me to go upon the heights.
                          Hb 3:19

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Well...I don't know what I did to my shoulder, but I can barely lift my arm it huts so bad.  I have had reconstructive shoulder surgery on both shoulders, and this feels like it did before then.  I sure hope I don't have to go through that again.  Actually...I won't go through that again...I can't afford it anymore.

Anyway--I did 11 miles in 1:24:50.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

Gotta go!  see ya!

Mariposai

Holly - 7 mad miles at 12 degrees - brrrrrr, good job

Agree. Enjoy your family thanksgiving dinner, Holly. I am sure you will do a great job making sure that everyone at your table go back home with a memorable experience.

Mustang Sally, enjoy the career exploration quest with the kids. Let them find themselves!!!! just as well all did not easy. believe me. I have been there twice.

Well, we finally got our first snow here. Bad, bad, bad weather here. So many accidents. The Easy Pacer and I did managed to get to the gym for a 4 miler easy recovery run plus some hard weight training.

BTW, super granny is my hero! Karin posted this on FB, I wanted to share it here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

happy birthday super-granny.

nancy - quit whining and put some x-c tracks through the park

good, good, good.

Well...I don't know what I did to my shoulder, but I can barely lift my arm it huts so bad.  I have had reconstructive shoulder surgery on both shoulders, and this feels like it did before then.  I sure hope I don't have to go through that again.  Actually...I won't go through that again...I can't afford it anymore.

Mike - it sounds like mine, . . and everything else, . . .

except I don't have to worry about what I did to it anymore.

<<<(old/old)>>>

Enjoy havin'' the luxury of wondering why as long as you can

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)