Masters Running

(Non-running) Palin-Karzai meeting (plus debate addition at end) (Read 807 times)

Tramps

Should you really be reading this? Probably not. Go ahead, skip it. Okay, but don't blame me. In New York on Tuesday, Vice-Presidential candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin met privately with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai. However, a recording of the meeting has been leaked to the press. [recording starts] Palin: Mr. President, that is such a darling outfit. Where did you get that? Karzai: Well, it is from my homeland; the pieces represent the ethnic diversity of my people. Palin: Oh, good fer you! I know all about ethnic diversity. In Alaska, ya know, we’ve got those Eskimos up there, igloos and everything. They are s-o-o adorable, God love ‘em! Karzai: Uh… Palin: Ya know, that cute hat you were wearing reminds me of the hats some of those Ruskies wear, except they’ve got big ol’ ear flaps, ya know, for them cold winters. Did you know I can see Russia from Alaska? Ya gotta keep an eye on them Ruskies, I always say. Karzai: Yes, Governor Palin, my people have experience with Russia. Palain: Is that so? Karzai: If I may, we have little time and I hoped we would be able to discuss the ideas for helping to establish security in my county and the role-- Palin: --You know, Mr. President, when my girls were at the age where they’d be all, you know, screaming, like, “Bristol stole my hairbrush!” and “Willow hit me!” and stuff like that, my husband, Todd, and I used time-out to calm things down. Worked every time. Karzai: You want me to put the Taliban and Al Qaeda in “time-out”? Palin: Well, by golly, it can’t hurt! And if that doesn’t work, I’d try a penalty box. You know, in hockey—did I mention I’m a hockey Mom?—well, anyway, in hockey we have a penalty box. If you break the rules, that’s it mister, it’s in the box for you! It really keeps a lid on things. Hoo boy, and don’t even get me started about the spats that went on at the PTA meetings! A good “evil eye” stare across the room shows them who is boss, I’ll tell ya! Karzai: But we’re not talking about a PTA spat, or children, or a sporting event. We’re talking about terrorists responsible for 9/11 and countless suicide bombings who have evaded all of our efforts to-- Palin: --Hey, I’ve got five kids so I know what it’s like to have a handful. But I like to use real examples from my real life to apply to the real world for real solutions! And I like to, you know, think outside the box; shake things up; new ideas; mavericks; “drill baby drill”! I’m not like those Washington insiders with their fat resumes. I’m real. I’m just like you. Well, maybe not like you but, you know, like me. I’m just like me. Aren’t I wonderful? Everyone says I’m wonderful; I energize them! Karzai: Uh…I’m sure you do, Governor, but what about, for example, the future of US troop levels? Palin: Ya know, Todd and I have been thinking on that. It seems to me that with all those soldiers over there—and we do love our boys and girls in uniform, God bless ‘em, ya know I went to see them over in Iraq—no wait, Kuraq--someplace like that…one of those countries…it was the trip of a lifetime, I’ll tell ya…and it was H-O-T, hoo boy! Hot, hot, hot! We don’t get weather like that in Alaska, that’s fer darn sure. But anyhoo, with all those soldiers over there we should have had this hullabaloo over by now so I’ve got an idea. Karzai: You do?! Palin: Yup, sure do. Hunters! Good ol’ Alaskan hunters! Ya see, we’ve got some of the best hunters in the world up in Alaska. I betcha if we set up a hunting season in Afghanistan and get our moose-hunting boys in their ATVs over there we’ll have this mess cleaned up in no time and they’ll have a great time doing it! Heck, leave out a few cases of beer and you’ll have more hunters than you can shake a hockey stick at! Karzai: You want to send moose hunters to attack Taliban and Al Qaeda strongholds in the mountains? Palin: You betcha! And that’s the kind of new thinking you can expect from a Palin-McCain administration. I hope we can count on your vote in November to get those fat-cat Republican bureaucrats out of Washington. Karzai: Well, Governor Palin, as you know, I cannot vote in your presidential elections but-- Palin: --You can’t?! Well then what the heck am I doing wasting my time talking to you? Who scheduled this darn meeting? Hoo boy, heads are gonna roll when I find— [recording ends abruptly]

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maybe I should've been a politician after all as I've had so many people believing all my life that we lived in igloos up there. They believe it so much that it will come up years later in many cases. Of course, in Fairbanks, they really do! Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hoo boy, I can't believe you posted this on a running forum! What are ya tryin to do, stir the pot? Well, it just goes to show ya, if it ain't one thing, its another...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I liked her idea of the hunters and a few cases of beer...hey who knows?? If that weren't so funny, man Tramps...you'd be in big trouble.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Top 'O the World!

Of course, in Fairbanks, they really do! Big grin
            I think she's still sleeping off her looong wknd Wink
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              Enke! Whaaa? We who proudly hail from Wisconsin know that the best hunters hang in the tree stands of the North Woods. Although, I am suspicious that the author is actually from Minnesohhhda. Definitely feeling a Minnesohhda vibe, here. Lotsa hockey there, too.
                I just want to point out that Tramps is and always has been the real troublemaker around here. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Top 'O the World!

Big grin
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Big grin Tramps you should write a comedy screenplay. I am tempted to forward your post to my friends. It is terrific!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

DickyG

Tramps...that's brilliant, man, brilliant! Hey...wasn't that guy in the Borat movie? DickyG
                      TammyinGP

I'm disturbed that as I read Palin's lines, I retreated back to my thick Minnesota accent Roll eyes and it all sounded so normal to me.

Tammy

evanflein

I think she's still sleeping off her looong wknd Wink
                          Heyy! Wha...? Angry Tramps, you are a genius.
                          Henrun

Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
                              Tramps, you my bruddah!

Hill Runner

Thanks Tramps...funny stuff. Who needs the Smothers Brothers...we have DH and Tramps to keep us amused.... Smile

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13