Masters Running

Weds 1/21 Runs - Healing Vibes - and Friendship (Read 525 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning.... Hey, I said I would be gone for a short period of time...24 hours seemed short / long enough Smile Wanted to say...not any one person said anything that upset me what so ever. But I guess it was the whole thread all together that really got me confused and frustrated with how I am suppose to come back from my injury / injuries....and thought my easy 3 miles was reasonable. Speaking of which.... Last night I went to the Y to try a walk - run workout on the treadmill. After starting my brisk walk I noticed my legs felt like jelly - rubber legs, and then realized that was because of my 3 miler last Sat. Then I also realized how silly starting off with 3 miles really was with the length of time off, and the injuries I was coming back from. So, this was my workout and was a good one, that when I was finished I felt good, and knew I had done some work. 1 mile brisk walk at 13 minute pace ( this was harder than my run walking at that pace). Then 1 mile run at 10:00 pace (after experimenting around, 10:00 pace seemed to feel comfortable, and real easy) Then 1 mile walk at 14 minute pace to cool down...felt great and my foot never hurt at all Smile Then 45 minutes of weight and core work afterwards. Ok, I get it now....thanks for all your suggestions and advice, as I really know you all only had my best interests in mind. Well, need to go as I am at work early trying to get caught up. Geez, hard to explain, but I found keeping up at work a whole lot easier when I was running 40 - 50 miles a week...think it made me mentally sharper. Hope everyone has a Good and Blessed DaySmile Your Friend TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hey, I said I would be gone for a short period of time...24 hours seemed short / long enough Smile
      Good to have you back Tim...we sure missed you. Wink
        Hey, Tim. Good to see you here. 4x1/2M repeats, 2:00 intervals split(HR) 3:17(169),3:15(178),3:17(172),3:21(189). Planned 6 repeats -- probably went out too fast by about 15 seconds/mile. Overall: 9.2 miles, 1:14:22, 8:06/mi, AHR 156

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning guys. Cross training day here. 6 miles on the eliptical in 45 minutes, followed by leg and core work. Tim - it's good to have you back. You know we love you.Smile Spent the evening watching the balls, parties, etc. I have to hand it to the Obamas - they look like they really love each other. It's amazing with all those people in Washington DC yesterday, and nary an incident. I see the stock market tanked again yesterday. The new pres will sure have a lot on his plate. Enjoy day one of the new administration everyone.
            Tim-Good to see that you recover so quickly from your good byes. A very sensible workout in my opinion, well done sir.
            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Good morning all! Tim I hope your foot continues to feel better. Running definitely helps me keep sharp too (er maybe just less dull?) WRFB - nice interval work...It is hard to make them all consistent. Btw, I'mnot sure I could get my HR that high w/o guns being involved. After a tougher than planned interval workout last night I came home and fell asleep watching the Obama coverage. Quads are tight, so I'll do todays easy run after work instead. Enjoy the day!
              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
              also on Twitter

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

It's a brand new day & TIM is back!!! Big grin I never did get on the treadmill last night. I got so wrapped up in all the inauguration events, that I sat down after dinner and just kept watching - even the re-running of events. BUT, this morning I was OUTSIDE for a pre-dawn run. WooHoo!!! 5:15 a.m. - 22 degrees - 4 miles - and Brinkley, happy Brinkley. Average pace 10:00 which is speedy for me these days!! My headlamp was dead, but I didn't feel like going back into the house to find another one, and the snow was illuminating the way fairly well. When I got home and took the headlamp off of my head I found it shining bright! I guess I had it on upside down. Roll eyes Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Good Morning all ! Welcome back Tim Thought for the day: Celery.......Quite possibly the perfect Peanut Butter Delivery Device. Last night....On Treadmill.....7 x 800 intervals. 6:55, 6:55, 6:55, 6:49, 6:49. 6:49, 6:44.......400 meter recoveries at 9:22. Started with a 2 mile warm up. Had Hoped to finish a 2 mile cool down but I left the treadmill to get a drink of water. Move your feet.....lose your seat.......new inhabitant on my treadmill. This morning.......back in the water ! Temp 86 deg. Too Warm ! I guess it'll take a week or so for the temp to settle out after refilling it. My swim was a little more encouraging today. At least I was able to complete 10 laps before having to rest. A far cry from the mile plus.......I don't thnk it will take to long to get back though. Tonights run looks promising. Streets are almost clear and temps will be pushing 29 deg's.

King of PhotoShop

Good job Tim; that seems to make more sense. Headed out now for 5 or so. Supposed to be in the 70's today here. I no longer subscribe to RW and I'm interested in seeing that core workout. Is it online? The workout I do includes planks, Thera-band, light weights for my ankles in some exercises, and the activity ball, and takes me about 40 minutes to do. But I'm always looking for any exercise that strengthens the hamstring and glute muscles. Spareribs
                      I no longer subscribe to RW and I'm interested in seeing that core workout. Is it online? The workout I do includes planks, Thera-band, light weights for my ankles in some exercises, and the activity ball, and takes me about 40 minutes to do. But I'm always looking for any exercise that strengthens the hamstring and glute muscles. Spareribs
                      Ribs if you don't find it on-line...I could e-mail it to you as a pdf file tomorrow.
                        I couldn't find this specific RW workout online, but that's because they have so many different core workouts on their site and I got lazy. MR if you email to SR, would you mind emailing to me as well? lking at pobox dot com I have it on hard copy but it's always good to have a soft copy, too. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I couldn't find this specific RW workout online, but that's because they have so many different core workouts on their site and I got lazy. MR if you email to SR, would you mind emailing to me as well? lking at pobox dot com I have it on hard copy but it's always good to have a soft copy, too. Smile
                          No problem Lou I will take care of that first thing tomorrow.

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, My last run was an 18 miler on Sunday which felt great, unfortunately on Monday I noticed a slight issue with my knee/lower leg and I'm terrified of an old miniscus injury popping up now especially with Boston only 3 months away. I may be overreacting but I'm rather err on the side of caution. I'm not in any pain but I'm UBER cautious....taking some time off.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tim – I’m so happy you didn’t stay away for long. I think that was an excellent workout last night, and the most important thing is that you are listening to your body – great job! Mary - Big grin Mainerunnah – me too, if you don’t mind...hollys4874 at yahoo dot com. Peter – wise move, and you have plenty of time yet. I hope all is well. 10 degrees this morning, but the roads were dry – I had no excuses. When it’s this cold the hardest thing for me is just getting out there, what with the TM sitting in the garage. I spent a ridiculous amount of time layering my clothes and was sweltering by the time I stepped out the door. After the first ¼ mile my face and chin were freezing and I was wishing I had brought my fleece hood. Then, after about 1.5 miles, I felt jussssssst right. Turned out to be a great run – nothing hurt, no feeling of struggling, just chugged along very comfortably, even up the long hill home. Smile 6.05 easy-paced miles (ave 10:26).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Peter, sending good positive vibes your way, and hope this is nothing that few days off won't take care of. Really sucks to get injured with a Marathon coming up...how do I know this Roll eyes TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!