Masters Running

Holly's Alaskan Adventure - Equinox Marathon (Read 468 times)

Mariposai

I also want to say how impressed I am that evanflein actually managed to use frequent flier miles!  Wow!  How?  Tell me how!  My life is like a CapitalOne commercial.  I have tons of miles, they are just miles I can never use.  How did you do it!

Twocat, between Evanflein and I can show you many ways to use up those air-miles  you have without any problem...

For example.... I  flew my DH and I to Europe, and yes, to Greece and England all on my  air-miles.

I have flown people from my country to visit me all in my air-miles, too.

Erika and I can sure show you how to do it 

Clown

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I had to repost this tonight. I love the photo that Holly took of the front of the house (as well as the rest of her wonderful report!). Unfortunately, due to damage to the roof, and damage to the foundation from more trees (not pictured) to the right (east) side of the house, we had to take out 5 big beautiful birch trees today. The three you see up by the front of the house are nothing but stumps now. So sad, they were so gorgeous. But, it was very fun to go back and relive Holly's race report from 2012! That really was just about perfect conditions for this race.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks erika.

there's no way to post too many pictures of holly, . . .I mean of you, . .

I mean of birch trees, . . .I mean of the famed Equinox.

I miss 'em.  thanks again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I had to repost this tonight. I love the photo that Holly took of the front of the house (as well as the rest of her wonderful report!). Unfortunately, due to damage to the roof, and damage to the foundation from more trees (not pictured) to the right (east) side of the house, we had to take out 5 big beautiful birch trees today. The three you see up by the front of the house are nothing but stumps now. So sad, they were so gorgeous. But, it was very fun to go back and relive Holly's race report from 2012! That really was just about perfect conditions for this race.

Hey nice pics! I ran the relay that year with a couple of friends. I think the first and only masters team to break 3. We had some tree breakage from the ice storms so I'll have to knock a few down as well.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks for re-posting this again Erika - what a great time that was!  And you are right - the weather was nearly perfect that year.  Sorry about your trees.  I'm still mad at DH for mutilating trimming the tree that used to give shade to our deck.

ATrackrat - WTG on the sub-3 relay!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for re-posting this again Erika - what a great time that was!  And you are right - the weather was nearly perfect that year.  Sorry about your trees.  I'm still mad at DH for mutilating trimming the tree that used to give shade to our deck.

ATrackrat - WTG on the sub-3 relay!

Glad you enjoyed your time at the race.  I remember talking to Erika after the race that day. Yup, perfect conditions.