Masters Running

Hi, I'm New to this group (Read 355 times)

Just stumbled upon this today.... I am about to turn 42, Just Celebrated my 1st Year anniversary running and am going to run/walk my way through my first HM this Saturday, September 20th, after a calf strain took me out of the competitive side of the race! Happy to be here among the Forty Somethings! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

xor

I'm also 42. Just be aware that within "Masters Running", there's 50 somethings, 60s, 70s, and one dude who's 119. And the 50 somethings are mean SOBs. Except for a couple.

King of PhotoShop

We're all happy to have you, and I hope you post often. Good luck in the upcoming race, and whether you walk, jog or run it, you are way ahead of the people who don't get out that day. Spareribs
          Hi Cheffy glad you found the Masters group. We wish you well on your 1st half marathon. Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I'm also 42. Just be aware that within "Masters Running", there's 50 somethings, 60s, 70s, and one dude who's 119. And the 50 somethings are mean SOBs. Except for a couple.
            *Laughs* Big grin Love your smart ass humor out on the main boards, glad to see you here too! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

xor

50 somethings who do not know me: I am joking. Or am I?

Cheffy, we are always ready to welcome another runner to the group. Especially runners who post about running. Too many people here think this is a place to spout their political opinions, talk about baseball, their kids, their pets, their job, their favorite diner, etc. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I hope you weren't--i'd consider it a compliment Evil grin oh yeah--welcome to you, Cheffy. I wondered if your fine looking hound was Cheffy. then i looked at your profile.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Welcome Cheffy! Smile

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good luck in the upcoming half mary, especially if you are really joining the more and more of us exercisers who are finally figuring out it's okay to walk all or part of the way in our weekend events.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

50 somethings who do not know me: I am joking. Or am I?
                        I know you. Ha Ha (?)
                        Masters 2000 miles
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Cheffy, good to see you in here! It's a great group. You won't believe how much these people run each month!! Shocked
                            Welcome, Cheffy. Find yesterday's daily thread to see what Dark Horse is talking about. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

And the 50 somethings are mean SOBs.
                              Hey what's up with that? Confused On a more serious note - welcome to the group Cheffy. As Ribs said "Good luck in the upcoming race, and whether you walk, jog or run it, you are way ahead of the people who don't get out that day." Hey not only do we share a love for running but your "New Birthday" is my "original" birthday...COOL! Big grin Post often and you'll get used to some of these clowns, I mean runners. Smile
                                Welcome, Cheffy. Post often. TomS