Masters Running

Easter Celebration runs and festivities daily (Read 33 times)

Mariposai

Wishing each one of you a memorable day.

I started the day with a  10 miler enjoying the crispy air and gorgeous views of the mountain and the orchards in bloom

Now it is tine to get ready  for dinner. I am cooking brunch for 10 people today

Peace in your hearts my dear friends

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

Happy Holiday to all,

Beautiful sunny cool morning in NYC. Went for a 3.5 mile run along the East River on the Brooklyn Bridge Park path with great views of Manhattan . Shorly heading into the city for lunch, MOMA and much walking.

New skirt in town

I did my hip stability workout, 4 miles at recovery pace, and then my ballroom dance lesson. I felt pretty great after yesterday's crash and burn run!  Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

King of PhotoShop

Well done Steve!

Lightning and heavy rain which got worse as we got closer to the Clubhouse.  We turned around and went back home.  Rain has stopped now so we went to the park and got just 4 in, better than putting up a zero.

Hudson is still asleep!  So all bets on whether he'll recognize the formulas for volume of a sphere or cone are on hold.

Twocat, I bought a boneless lamb leg, trimmed it of almost all the fat and silver skin and then made this marinade in the food processor:

One small onion

3 large limes

4 medium jalapenos

One whole head of garlic

One cup of olive oil.

It's been sitting in the fridge overnight.  Grilling it over charcoal later today.  The crust will have a nice snap to it.  One of my favorite dishes.  Spareribs

Dave59

I'm taking the day off of any running.  Just some casual organization of stuff that needs to be done someday.

Since I am moving back to WV I plan on running the Charleston Distance Run over Labor Day weekend.  (America's 15-Miler)

That race is pretty much my only one this year that I am planning for.  I ran it once back in 1989.  I went to the website today and poked around.  They have all results going back to the start in 1973.  My official time in 1989 was 2:14:09.  My old log says 2:13:30 because of the time it took to get to the start line and the absence of chip timing.

I noticed how much people have slowed down since then.  In 1989, that pace had me at 978 of 1434 finishers.  Last year, that pace would have me at 137 of 520 finishers.  So while I run about the same pace I did 26 years ago, much of the running world has slowed down to meet me,

The Distance Run used to be part of a week long Regatta in Charleston, but that is pretty much gone now, it is a much smaller race than back then.

If my running goes well over the next 5 months I think I could set a PR this year.  Actually, my running will have to go very, very well over the next 5 months.  (Weather would have to cooperate too.)  But at least it is something to aim for.

A Blessed Easter to you all ~~

Steve - I want to spend Easter in your neighborhood.

Ballroom dancing?  Looks hard, but fun.

I'm working on transcription, as well as trying to perfect a flyer to send to a few law offices and the County to try and get more transcription work. A glutton for punishment?  Maybe.  But every bit helps.

My Pops will be coming up this afternoon, and The Hub is making enchiladas.  Yum . . .

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

heading over to my parents this afternoon for a meal. i'm making a fruit salad but otherwise my mom is handling it all, but it's not like 5 people eat a ton of food. we are pretty low key on holidays.

went out and did some hill repeats this morning before the rains started. got my peas planted also.

Tammy

...Happy Easter.........

Great Pictures from SteveP

..........slightly disappointed by mike's confession..........thought it might have been a good time to admit I used to be a Woman......

============

still poolrunning and biking,,,,,,,,,,,,,just hurts like hell, and I wanted to log in something when  I enjoyed it.

also,

I didn't used to be a Woman.

........................good running guys...............Happy Easter

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Easter!

SteveP - you are awesome.....

Mariposai - I'm betting your brunch was delicious!

DD, DH and I had a lovely golf outing this morning (DS was out late at a movie and begged to sleep in).  A stunningly beautiful day, if a bit chilly.

Then home to make a feast for our Easter dinner, which we ate and I cleaned up and now am leaving the kitchen after 4 hour spent there....

DD has softball practice at 6:30 (because they have a game tomorrow) so we are heading out soon.

3.3 recovery-paced miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Happy Evening!

Wouldn't you love to win a raffle that would benefit Slo's community project, one of Jay's environment works, Karin's Safe Passages shelter and Robin's Melanoma Foundation that was.......wait for it.........a multi course feast prepared by Mari, twocat, and Ribs?

Loved the photos Steve...you're a good egg.

And o yeah, Mike, you ARE a gold egg.....you can stop looking for it.

Gotta go...real baseball starts now!  Baseball on TV!  Jon Lester, too (I still am a fan.)

The half Sat. was good...more tomorrow...DH sub 2:30  and we met a lady who works for St. Jude on Implanted Defibulators!

grins

A  (not a jellybean fan, sadly)

Yay Holly!  So looking forward to seeing you month after next!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Happy Easter everybody!

It's been a fun and busy day.

Gotta go!  See ya!

Mariposai

And o yeah, Mike, you ARE a gold egg.....you can stop looking for it.

Yes indeed. He IS the gold egg.

An RA weekend gathering with Twocat and Ribs catering and me being doing the cheer-leading aka bossing them around  is a MUST before we all die.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

DH and I make a pretty good cooking team, but we rarely share. Tonight was grilled NY steak with cartelized onions and sauteed onions, mushroom ravioli with alfredo sauce, roasted asparagus and grilled baby peppers. Yum. Had crumbled blue cheese with the steak and a rich red blend wine.

Love the Steve P/EB pictures on FB. I can imagine some kids would just love that, others would be scared a bit. That is a pretty big rabbit!

Another in a series of really good consistent runs today. Set out to do anything over 10 but 15 was the goal. Ended up with 15.1 at 8:18 avg pac, and incredibly consistent splits with very few stops. I'd gotten in the bad habit of pushing too hard and then stopping to recover... makes my overall pace look good, but the actual run was not. Lately, I've been taking the steady approach and only stopping for traffic and mandatory wardrobe adjustments. It seems to be working.

Today's run had pretty consistent splits and a nice fast finish....

Pace
                            1   8:41      
                            2   8:19      
                            3   8:19      
                            4   8:20      
                            5   8:17      
                            6   8:15      
                            7   8:20      
                            8   8:20      
                            9   8:18      
                            10   8:21      
                            11   8:20      
                            12   8:22      
                            13   8:14      
                            14   8:09      
                            15   8:09      
                            .14   7:44
                            SteveP

I'm already looking forward to your Labor Day run Dave59

Erika, your splits make me teary eyed.

Marinated a ham in peach/soda water mix overnight. Then put it in a smoker with peach wood chips for four hours (We have a winner.). While it was smoking, DW, Tag and I got a couple of trail miles in. On the way back, we saw a guy with a suitcase and guitar thumbing a ride. I dropped DW off and went back. Tag and I gave him a ride to where the traffic flow was better. Then went to SILs for the afternoon. What a good time.

SteveP