Masters Running

Wednesday Oct 8th HUMPDAY RUNS (Read 496 times)

Good morning RA Boomers! I didn';t get to post my run yesterday so I'll put it here, I went out after work and did a very easy 5.03 recovery miles - 47:08 (9:22) - Avg HR 122 Max HR 130 bright & sunny and 68 degrees, I know we have to enjoy everyone of these days we get from here on in New England because the cold weather is definitely on the way! My legs felt fine, a little tender but no problems at all. I'll do another easy 5 later this afternoon and then head off to my Yoga class. Here's hoping you all have a greta day and greta runs! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone... Thanks for the start off Bob...glad your legs are feeling OK. What's your plans for future races...maybe you have already posted this, but I don't remember. Bill....OUCH, that road rash is painful as I know from 2 cycling crashes. Will this affect your running much...hope not! Well, I heeded ignored everyone's great advise yesterday to take another day off, soooo..... Got out for 7 easy miles last night Roll eyes - 8:30 pace - and my calf and leg felt fine....my leg fell off once, which I duct taped back on (it's a guy thing) Big grin. I just think I was extremely tired and sore, and that's what my aches and pains were. Now I have to decide on doing my track workout tonight - or not - as I will see how I feel later in the day. The plan in my head is a mid week long run, with a 5K in the middle that I would like to PR at. After my last 2 track workouts and 2 mile TT's, a PR should be easy because my PR to date is 19:58...but we shall see. Well, time to start working on some paper work before my techs show up...then I become a baby sitter Roll eyes Have a great day Smile 24 days and counting till race day TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!! Nice recovery run last night Mainerunnah!! Jeanne - I hope you find the shoes that are right for you. I wear the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4. I tried some Asics this summer and did not like them - they are now my walking shoes. The Late Harvest Reisling that I like is made in Traverse City - Cheteau Grand Traverse. Oh boy, I overdressed this morning. Capri's, long sleeve top and it was 58 degrees, foggy, rainy and humid. ugggggggghhhhh 5 Brinkley miles at 9:41 pace - 160 avg. hr. We saw several deer and one racoon that Brinkley thought he might be able to catch up too. He probably could have had he not been dragging me along. We stopped at our local cider mill last night for more fresh cinammon donuts. What's not to love about fall - other than what follows it! Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

The Jogger

thanks for opening maine and nice run yesreday . your ea y is my tempo! doing this on my phone as dd has done something to my desktop. went out for my usual 5 miler, undulating trail, and compared to yesreday chalk and cheese. looked for mary but she weren't there Smile anyway; 5m 44:08 @ 08:50 pace ahr 165 80% 09:45/150 09:50/160 08:41/168 07:54/174 07:58/179 good runs all roy

Marathon Maniac #3309

We stopped at our local cider mill last night for more fresh cinammon donuts.
            Hey, save me one of those Smile Geez Mary, I imagine you did over dress at 58 muggy degrees. Heck, I ran in shorts and shirtless last Sat when the temps starting my run was 38 degrees, but sunny and no wind....felt great, but I am a nut though Roll eyes Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning eveyone. An unplanned day of cross training due to a sore right leg after yesterday's run. 4.5 miles on the eliptical with some free weights and crunchies at the Y this morning. Mary - it was 57F here at 5:00 AM this morning so I can see why you were a little warm! How about shipping some of that Reisling my way, that's my favorite! Smart move taking the workout down a notch, Tim. Good luck with your plans for this evening. Nice runs by Mainerunnah and Roy (so good to see you posting every day again). There's a duathlon here on Sunday - 3 mile run, 32 mile bike ride ended with a 1 mile run. Didn't get enough time on the bike this summer so I volunteered to help and will be working the transition area. It should be interesting! The race starts and ends at Lambeau Field (no home game this Sunday) and they're predicting a good turnout. Have a great Wednesday, everyone. Jeanne
                An easy 5.5 mile recovery run this morning at 9:46 pace. The hand and finger are still sore but they don't seem too bad. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning all-- 37 brisk degrees north of Boston today. I haven't brought the cold weather gear out of the attic yet, but I did snag a watch cap (toque for the northern brethrn) to go with the shorts and long sleeves. felt really good for my last cold weather run for a week. 3.2 in 28:45 and feeling like I could go longer--which always seems to occur when I don't have have time for more Roll eyes Off to Disney for 6 days tomorrow morning. I checked the weather and we have all 6 of the days showing intermittent T-storms and mid 80's. low 70's at night.I'm just getting into the nice cool weather running and I'll see how an extra 30 degrees work! Bill, how do you deal with this so easily? BTW, it sounds like no thing broken, so hope your road rash heals quickly. OK, Roy--I thought I spoke passable English English, but never heard "chalk and Cheese" care to explain? jlynne--neat that you seem to have a lot of events around Lambeau. Tim glad everything seems back to normal and you're running smart. Although I don't think anyone here would have let you do otherwise Wink Maine--nice recovery from a very nice race. and I certainly hope to see you and a whole bunch of other RA's and KR's in boston next year. MMM cinimon donuts--Drooling here Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

BRRRRR...Only 38 degrees here this morning...who turned off the furnace??? 6 ezpz miles around town with T...8:23 pace Bill-Glad you're okay
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                    Mariposai

Rest. Still enjoying the warm fall weather around here. Off to the radio station for a half hour talk show. It is fun to have the media, both radio and newspaper, at your side when one is organizing an event. This morning I will talk on the benefit of walking/running for our overall health and I will be inviting the community to join us at the Autumn Leaf walk/run this weekend. It should be fun. Wondering what twocats decided to do with his training plan this week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Berger, I hope your hand continues to mend. 4 miles on the treadmill at 8:19 mile pace. What I usually do on the treadmill, just to add a little bit of interest, is start out very slow, say 6.0 mph which is a 10 minute mile, then very gradually ratchet up the speed, say by 0.1 mph every quarter-mile. But today, as often happens, I got impatient eventually, and increased the speed at a quicker rate the last couple of miles. I think treadmill running would be just about perfect for me if I could watch a movie of my choice during the run, but watching news channels and game shows with the sound off, the usual fare at my gym, is not nearly as interesting to me. Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Marathon Maniac #957

The plan in my head is a mid week long run, with a 5K in the middle that I would like to PR at.
                          Okay, well, I know I'm no expert, but my bet would be that tucking a 5K PR into the last weeks of marathon training is COURTING DISASTER. Especially since you were in pain enough to be limping so recently. You don't realize the microdamage happening in your muscles when you are at peak mileage. I wouldn't do it, my fren...not worth it, this close to the big race. Breger – glad nothing is broken. How's DW doing, btw? Stumpy/Kevin – have fun at Disney! 5.3 recovery paced miles (ave 10:36) today in a steady rain. As always happens when I haven’t run in the rain in a while, I stood in the garage for a few minutes, looking out through the open door at the pouring rain, wavering between the treadmill and getting soaked. Of course, with temps at 60 degrees, the rain won out, and I was glad it did, because I had a very pleasant run. There is a traveling vet that comes to our Humane Society regularly, and this morning I dropped off Max the cat to have his teeth cleaned. “This is Max,” I said, “He’s here to have his teeth cleaned.” The vet pulled my paperwork out of the stack. “Teeth cleaned?” she said. “It says here that he’s here to get neutered.” Shocked Shocked Un oh.....good thing we cleared THAT up.....teeth cleaning is bad enough...Max was about to have a VERY BAD day......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

I'm running a 20-mile race Saturday and I've decided to do it as a goal-MP (8:15) run. On the one hand, I figure if I can't keep MP for 20 under race conditions, I should adjust my marathon goal. On the other hand, if it goes well I should gain some confidence going into the marathon. I've got 5 weeks until marathon day, so plenty of time to recover. Which is a long way of saying, I decided to take a rest day today and ease up a bit heading into Saturday's race.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Okay, well, I know I'm no expert, but my bet would be that tucking a 5K PR into the last weeks of marathon training is COURTING DISASTER. Especially since you were in pain enough to be limping so recently. You don't realize the microdamage happening in your muscles when you are at peak mileage. I wouldn't do it, my fren...not worth it, this close to the big race.
                              Thanks Holly, but according to "the plan" I am suppose to be doing fast - anaerobic - VO2 Max work right now at PP (puke pace). But truly do understand being careful about my calf also....I promise to be careful and not injury myself, and bail out if needed....or maybe just an easy long run...I'm really decisive, huh Roll eyes Hope you have a good, confidence boosting 20 mile race Tramps Smile Tim

I am getting bored with the world financial crisis. I need the rest of the world to move through their cycle of irrational fear a little quicker, so we can all get on with things. I read the other day that much of the recent market decline is driven by individual investors getting bad news on their quarterly mutual fund statements, and therefore selling, which of course is the opposite of what you should do when markets decline. When markets are UP you sell, when markets are DOWN you buy. Dark Horse
                                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.