Masters Running

40's + On The Run....Looking Towards the Future... (Read 498 times)

Top 'O the World!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!" ~ Voltaire FINALLY! This week ends this season's elections Tongue I feel great relief to have dropped off my ballot & look fwd to the end of the campaigning/advertising/phone calls... Going out for a brief run shortly.....then off to the stadium to see GD on the field! Smile...as luck would have it, the tixs we got are nearly the best possibly position for where she will be in formation (they're doing Spiderman), although she'll still be a long ways away! Hopefully can get good pics. Beautiful Perfect weather here today!!! Have an Awesome Sunday Everybody!!! Remember to Vote this week! Wink Cindy mta: 5.08 hilly/fartlek type....
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Ultrachick

Beautiful day here too-highs in 40's though-little chilly. Getting ready to head out myself and was looking to see how far a route that I had done before was and of course I can't rememberwhat I called it to find it and I'm too lazy to search any more for it. Shooting for 10 but if I'm feeling good going for 12 and will cross the 40 mile mark for the first time since the 100.
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        Good Sunday afternoon all.... Hope you get some great pics Cindy.....tried to do early voting on Friday but the line was sooooo long I decided to wait until Tuesday. The corner fire station is where I go to vote.....1 block from the house. Had a super run yesterday.....a 10 miler @ an 11:45 pace. I was so happy with that. My lungs felt like I could have gone on forever but the bod was poopin' out on me fast so.... Have a super week you guys n' gals. Short week for me this week. Going on a 4-day girls getaway with my mom and my 2 sisters. Heading to the W. coast of Florida to Siesta Key. Staying at a place called Turtle Beach Resort. Woohoo! Later.....Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Jewels - Congrats on the run. It's days like that that keep you out running. Kelly - Feel kinda weird to say "only 40 miles?" Wink Ola, Everyone - Did 13 miles in the Arcata Forest yesterday. Lots of hill work, including almost 4 miles toward the end of all downhill. Completed the run 2:31:26, which is stupidly fast for me on the trails. Absolutely not complaining. Big grin It was a very wet run as a storm came in Friday night. Suffice to say, I was completely soaked by the time I got done. Saw only two other people and their dogs the entire time, just as my run was starting, and almost the same spot when I was done. Other than that, had the entire forest to myself. When I got home, the Hub had taken the rest of the day off work and took me north to Trinidad for an overnight at a B&B. Was a total surprise. He said it was running my first marathon. Nice! Here are some pics. It was really cool with the storm moving through. Looking to the left off our balcony: Looking to the right off our balcony: A brief break in the storm, view from our balcony: We had a great time. "Tea Time" consisted of some unbelievable clam chowder, brie baked in a puff pastry, wine, crackers, etc. Breakfast today was freshly baked muffins, pancakes, potatoes, frittata, sausages, fantastic coffee. The only disappointing part for the Hub was no TV in the room, so he couldn't watch college football. But he survived. He even got in the hot tub with me. Very surprising! The Hub had waaay too much wine, and is currently sleeping it off on the couch. Dead

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie, if that wine is what lured him into the hot tub then it was worth it! How sweet of him to suprise you like that! The pics look great! Great run for you at a stupidly great pace! It's been a long weekend which consisted of a "moving haunted hayride for about 15 kids/ 8 adults. One trailor decorated with pumpkin lights, cob webs, skeletons, 10 bails of hay and the works. My husband did it for years for our kids but then they grew up so he was tickled pink when the neighbor talked him into doing it this year. He pulls it with our golf cart and then 2 other golf carts followed along loaded with the adults. Our golf cart has a CD player so scary music and all was a part of it. Those kids had a blast....... Have a good night all.....Jewels
              Great job to Cindy, Kelly, Jewels, and Leslie! Niiicccceeee runs Smile. Jewels, looks like you got your 10 for Christmas a little early, way to go! Leslie, that was really sweet and thoughtful of your hubby. Sounds like he wanted to spend some time with you. It was a good weekend, hubby's old college roommate spent the night w/ us and they went to the car races at TMS. My stepdad gets free primo seats from a sportswriter that stays with them, so who is hubby to turn those down? My Saturday "long" run wasn't that long. I ran 6 miles at 11:00 even pace, but then cut it short by...ahem...running by a place called the Snooty Pig to pick up some muffins for breakfast Evil grin. Ran/walked/juggled the muffins another mile home from there and then got piggly with a raspberry muffin and some coffee. Lungs are feeling good these days, but legs, not so much....maybe if they weren't hauling so much muffin around...hmmmm.....
              Progress Trumps Pefection
              xor

the Hub had taken the rest of the day off work and took me north to Trinidad
                I really wanted to write "Oo! I didn't know you were from Tobago!", but it turns out that Tobago is, in fact, kind of north of Trinidad. I could write "Oo! I didn't know you were from Venezuela", but that just doesn't pack the same punch.

Nice surprise, Leslie! Got back from a trip last night--5.5 mi. both yesterday and Thurs. in Manhattan Beach. Ran my usual trail today for an hour (I really do have to get a garmin to figure out how far I've been running on my daily runs for the past three years... Blush Roll eyes ). TONS of people running today. Back on the road Tuesday after voting. Glad it'll be over, too. DW has a great bumper sticker that gets a lot of attention: "I'm voting for whoever I hate least in '08. And, whoever runs with them". Pretty much sums up our attitude. Take care all! Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Top 'O the World!

Good Monday Morning All! Paula Radcliffe on the Today Show! Congrats to all who ran it!! Once again (for a couple more days) Beeeoootiful Colorado Fall Day! Smile now that the days are cooling, I can wait a little to get out for a run...5am is pretty dark these days! gonna hafta watch that "losing my window" thing.... Nice runs this wknd folks! ~ Kelly (glad you're coming back 'online'), Jewels (woo-hoo!! empowering ain't it!) , Leslie (I'm going to hafta come & run in your forest sometime Wink), Carol (heavy handed run Wink), Tim (staying steady Smile) Leslie: what a nice surprise! & beautiful pics.... Jewels: LOVE hayrack rides! Haven't been on one/helped 'chaperone' in yrs....in our case, the 'adult' ride had wine... Big grin Tim: our sentiments exactly!! especially as the negative ads have mounted up...don't know why they think those nasty things work, but for us, it's just plain disgusting! "You want us to teach our kids what!?" & being in a 'swing state' we have been barraged! Tongue + one of the more volitile/hotly debated issues on our ballot is a "right to life" measure - requesting a constitutional amendment to declare a fertilized egg a "person" subject to all rights, etc... GAH!! One Good thing - I see waaay more folks out on the trails, in the parks, @ the games, etc! Wink....the TV's are off, & people are off their couches & away from their houses!! Yay! Learned a new trivia fact ~ Invesco Field (Bronco stadium) seating capacity = 76,125!! 32 Cheerleaders on the field, 400 Junior Cheerleaders! Grandpa kept her in sight w/binoculars - I tried to shoot through movement... Oh my! whooda thunk I'd be teary eyed & shakey!? ....trying to find one particular little girl in there!... ...got the right row/squad..... .....ahhh! there she is...the little blond sitting off to the left in the middle!!
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Hi All - Great pics Cindy !! What an experience for those kids!!!That must be a blast watching as VERY PROUD Grandparents!! Nice pics from you too Leslie! Sounds like a fine weekend for you! Way to Go Jewels on the 10-miler!!That's great! Carol- did you say muffin break at the Snooty Pig?!? Don't hear that everyday! Recovery plan for me this weekend went well. Just so I was not inclined to run on Sunday, got good and full of beer and tequila on Sat night. Plan was successful. No runs since Weds, going to try one tonight. have a good one folks!

Nice pics of the GD Cindy......they're all so dang cute! Even the big ones..... Joe, sounds as though your plan worked.....you deserved lounging around for a few days. Hope the run goes well for ya tonight. We warmed up quite a bit around here again. Did a very warm 3 miler this afternoon. Sluggish legs and all. 80*F/71%H = so much for the cooler weather. Actually, I hope it stays warm like this thru the up and coming weekend for my lil' girls getaway. Then....it can start cooling down again. Later all.......Jewels
                          No runs for me... for a few days at least. NJ Joe, don't bother checking out last weeks 40s thread. There is nothing there to see. No posts that you'd be interested in......... Clowning around If you don't mind, email me trestone at sbcglobal dot net
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            O.K. Joe.....Evryday is wanting a "throw down" with ya! How's them new shoes Evryday? Jewels
                              Throw down??? I think I've already been thrown down, stomped on, eaten by a bear and s*#t off a cliff! I got 6 miles in the new shoes and now they just sit there calling my name.....but I can't respond at the moment. Sad
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Hey Evryday ! Shoot ! Sorry I missed that!! In hindsight, that would have worked out well for me. Tell ya what, we'll call this one for 'funsies" and do it in Dec when the teams play again in Texas Stadium. Hopefully Tony and all his injured friends will be back so it will be a closer game. I , for one, have not counted you guys out yet. There's a lot of injured players that should come back after your bye. Philly and Washington kinda scare me too. Undecided Kelly- Glad to see you getting the miles in again! I'm sure that you have really missed it! Went out tonight in my brand new Asic Gel 2130's for an easy 8 miler. Felt good, knee was ok. Big test will be tomorrow to see if any pain/stiffness return. EEk , 19 days to go! Tongue