Masters Running

Fri Dec 12 Runs and Chat (Read 759 times)

Well...my understanding (and I am not 100% sure on this) is that many CR Boomers semi-left CR Boomers last August for KR-Masters Forum....so I think most of the posters at the KR Masters forum may have already been from CR Boomers... The migration may have developed from the knowledge that CR was being sold and the fact that the CR Boomers forum had gotten so large.... This is just my view based on certain comments. Hey HENRY....welcome... Tim, Ardmore, OK.

Marathon Maniac #957

There was some very mature talk about CR invading RA at this site in another thread, in another forum, and I was very impressed with how it was handled. To be honest, if former CR "Boomers" create their own forum here, it is a moot point. But over at KR, the Boomers were invading the Masters forum that already existed with it's own identity, so I understand completely what runningbehind was saying. I read somewhere that any group that gets larger than 150 persons will tend to fragment, because it is difficult to have the necessary involvement with that many people needed to feel alligence and empathy towards them. So it could very well be that the former CR Boomer group "should" split into two groups, one at KR and one at RA to make it homier for everyone. Of course there will always be cross-posters, and they serve a purpose too. Wink
      Good point, Enk. (forgive me if I call you Enk a lot, because when I'm typing my response I invariably forget how to spell Enkaphalin - drat, I did it again, I mean Enkephalin Smile) Tim, yes, as I understand it, people back in August began worrying about where we should meet up if something went wrong with the takeover of Active.com, and so a Masters Forum was created at Kickrunners, by and for the CR group. I think a small group took a liking to the format and the small, intimate nature of the group (also I think made up predominately of PNWers who had already met in real life), and so began to spend more and more time there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Okay folks I'm here too...
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        pfriese

OK, guess I'm in too. I'm still giving active/CR until the end of the year, but it really looks like I'll be doing KR and RA after then. Todays run: 17 miles, 60 degrees with a strong south wind. Smile Tomorrow should be snowing with a strong north wind Sad Paul
          seemomgo

Hi Friends! Count me in over here!!! I like this format and how kind everyone seems to be! No running for me today - as the ice is everywhere today. I just wanted to pop right in and say hi to everyone - I've missed lots of you and look forward to getting to know new folks! C-mom
            evanflein

Hi Cmom! Hi Gordon! Nice to see you guys over here! Well, I guess I'll be one of those "cross posters" who goes both ways. Some of my dear friends are over there (KR) but Holly, that's an interesting observation about it being mostly PNW runners who have met... I guess I'm a PNW'er (emphasize the N there...), but most of those I want to stay connected with I haven't met (yet) such as Sans Souci, Mustang Sally, Labduck (cranky as he is), etc. I don't think Tetsujin has come over to RA yet... So there's some there, some here. I don't want to lost contact with any!! Oh... running? 4.5 miles tonight in about 38 minutes. Lost track of time cuz I had to take a potty break (nice thing about TM's) and the TM reset while I was indisposed... But I did about half mile at 7:35 m/m when some "speedy" songs came up on my playlist. Guess it was an iPod Fartlek night, again? I hope to get outside tomorrow... but the skies will clear and temps will drop to -20 or so... looks like yet another TM run...
              Henrun

Yes, it does feel comfortable already. Tim, thanks for your welcome. No running today for us. We bussed into NYC for the weekend and walked for miles doing all the holiday touristy things. We then subwayed to Brooklyn where we're staying at Marj's brother's co-op. This evening we get a chance to have dinner with my son and his girl friend who live in Brooklyn. Tomorrow a.m. we'll do our usuual run over the Brooklyn Bridge and into Manhattan and, perhaps, on the West Side running trail. In the afternoon we're off to a play and then return home by bus. Makes for a pleasant weekend. (Forgot to mention that after our run, we're having brunch at Marj's cousin in Brooklyn). Ah, life is good! Big grin
                  Has anyone else noticed? Yesterday I asked the fellow who runs this place if he could add links to the bottom of the screen, so we wouldn't have to scroll up to the top of pages to click on links, and he has already done it: User Groups > Group Home > Forum Amazing. Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Marathon Maniac #957

DH - now that's what I call service! Henrun - welcome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."