Masters Running

Tuesday daily (Read 35 times)

mrrun

Last hour of warmth as we wait for shuttle to airport.  first stop miami then boston

have a Greta day!!!  Pura vida

marj

Dave59

Have a good trip back.

Supposed to be a gym day, but what is the point of going out when it is so cold?  1.5 on the treadmill to get loose, bit of core exercises, and easy stretching.

Tramps

That's going to be quite a shock, Marj.  Brrrr.

We're still in the double-digits so I guess we've got nothing to complain about.  That wind is gusting, though.  It encouraged me to finish up my 5-miler at a sproinky pace.

Be safe. Be kind.

Last hour of warmth as we wait for shuttle to airport.  first stop miami then boston

Get ready for the shock Marj. We left 80° weather in Mexico yesterday morning. When we stepped off the plane in Green Bay last night, it was -12° with 20 mph winds. I want to go back

The wedding was beautiful. Everything went exactly the way it was supposed to and we have an awesome new son-in-law. Will try to post pictures at some point, though I may need some help.

Trying to stay ahead of the food/drink calories, I managed to run/work out every day while we were there. 5 miles on the elliptical this morning, 4 miles on the bike and 30 minutes of weights and core stuff. Only day off this week. Now to tackle a week of dirty laundry x two and see what exciting things y'all did while I was gone.

Someone stop winter. Now.

TammyinGP

Glad you had an enjoyable time JLynne! I bet that is hard to come back to. My parents were just in Maui for a week, but fortunately, the day they came back we were in record breaking temps in the upper 60's, so not so much of a shock to their systems.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to read of that mishap. My DH also rarely answers the phone in the evening, but we do have Caller ID, so he generally recognizes the # and decides whether or not he wants to take the call. In our house, almost all calls are for him. I bet Paul feels awful about not answering the phone and I also bet that from now on, if the phone rings and you are not home, he'll answer it on the off chance it's you.

Our cloudy skies and light rain should supposedly clear by later this morning. If so, it's pretty mild out there today (low 50's), so will get in a short run.

Tammy

I've got some catching up to do.  Sunday, my son called and told us their Monday babysitter was sick.  He wondered if I could do Monday as well as my normal Tuesday.  Therefore, I've been busy, and happy, with my little buddy.  Right now, I'm taking advantage of him being down for a nap  Here's little Tom (I'm supposed to call hi Thomas) this morning.

mari, it sounds  like a fun party with the girls.  Tag, neat running with all the other dogs and their people.  I like the pictures.  tet, congrats on meeting your goal for the 3 laps.  Mike, I hope the new living arrangements work out for Eric and Ryan.  What an adventure with the grenade.  ribs, I always suspected you were capable of being a con artist   and what you did with your friend is evidence of it.  Good coaching.  C-R, congrats to your son on qualifying for the nationals.  steve, great pictures of the dogs and snowy scenery.  mari, what a bummer about the car window.  henrun and marj, I hope the transition back to reality is not too bad.  Same for you, jlynne.

Nice long runs for Mike, ribs, C-R, wild, and evan.  Good job on the speedwork for Mike.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

I can see how put out you are tselbs at having to do all this babysitting with your little  buddy.  Great pic, and keep them coming.

Nancy, I am so sorry, and not to discount your being upset, it could have been worse. Such a waste.  Thieves broke the Saint's window a few years ago but that was because they saw something they wanted to steal on her car seat. Now she locks everything in the trunk. I see that your case was just vandalism.  Punks.  (Also, see my marital advice to Mike E. from a few days ago, and show it to Paul.)

Oh am I getting mail from this latest quiz. By allowing Google and offering more than one prize I'm getting all kinds of responses. So far, even with Google, 8 correct has been the best so far. Some of the responses are very funny and many are quite insightful, with anecdotes, opinions etc.  Can't wait to write the post with the correct answers and the winners.  The Switzer question unleashed quite a few rants already. Fun stuff.

It's 25 here and windy. My RP is South African. I get such a kick out of the stuff she wears on cold days. Today I think she was the Michelin Tire man. Anyway, 3.4 at easy pace. So happy to be running easily following Sunday's LR.  Things is lookin' up. Spareribs

janie b good

hi everyone!

jlynne, welcome back!

tselbs, lovin' the pics of the little guy!

marj, welcome back!

nancy, sorry to hear about your car!

tomwhite, belated happy birthday!

I had a fever on sunday, so missed my long run, and skipped yesterday's run just to be safe.

5.75 t-mill miles; school was closed due to cold temps, so all the teens were at the gym-- does this make any sense??  but i''m always glad to see kids getting a workout!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Marathon Maniac #957

+100

Jlynne - glad you enjoyed Mexico - where in Mexico were you?

Tselbs - adorable!

(-15) here this morning, and that was without the wind chill.  Schools are closed, colleges are closed, seems like everything is closed but us......(Erika would laugh at this)...but I had no real excuse not to come to work since the roads are clear.  I'm wearing a full set of thermals under my office clothes, fuzzy slippers on under the desk, and running a heater-fan and am still cold.  There are 3 furnaces that heat our office building and we think that 2 of them are not working, so the temperature is about 62.  I know that some folks actually choose that as the normal setting in winter, but I prefer to splurge and be warm, so our daytime winter setting at home is always 71, down to 68 at night.   

6.6 miles on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Amen///////

.......went to poolrun, the 7-degrees SMACKED me, and I almost went back inside

===========

....22mprnb

with steps

...cut it short 'cause I knew I was going back OUTSIDE...........wah//////

.............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Okay, I'll buck the trend here - I like winter!  I had a fun run in 6" of new snow today.  It was 14°F and sunny.   I only get tired of winter when it's still snowing in May, but hey, it's only January!  Might as well enjoy being out there in the wild world.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Okay, I'll buck the trend here - I like winter!  I had a fun run in 6" of new snow today.  It was 14°F and sunny.   I only get tired of winter when it's still snowing in May, but hey, it's only January!  Might as well enjoy being out there in the wild world.

Says the gal who just got back from Thailand...

Nancy, I had to go back and read the end of yesterday's thread to see what happened. So sorry about that. I take it nothing was stolen, just the window broken? What a pain in the butt for having to deal with/pay for the repair, but something like that always shakes your sense of security in a way. At least it would for me.

That is one cute grandbaby, Tselbs.

Welcome home, Jlynne, Marj and Henry! Sorry about the cold temps. Re-entry to the real world is rough sometimes.

Holly, I do find it odd that they close schools, etc, for cold temperatures. In a lot of situations, going to a warm school building with a hot lunch while parents are at work is the best thing for the school age kids. Some people think it's funny that we close schools for rain in the winter, but freezing rain on frozen ground/roads is a dangerous situation. Cars and schools have heaters...

It's a little cooler here this week, which is a good thing! Clear bright sunshiney day was too nice to stay inside! 5.8 miles at a good clip with some hills, a little slippage on the ice where the plows cleared more snow/ice off and "polished" the surface a bit. Temps around 20° and so nice to actually feel the warmth of the sun on my face! This is so unusual for January for us. I bet we're gonna pay for it later (like -30° for Valentine's Day??).

C-R

Hey all.

Long day with 8 am meetings in Louisville and lasting all day + 4 hours in the car. 5k felt tough today.

Sorry Nancy. Civility seems to have left so many in our society.

Why would Switzer cause a rant. Good grief, get over it people. Pioneers have to forge some streams to get to the promised land.

Hey Wild. Seems a good thing you returned from Thailand. Our company has eliminated any and all travel due to the on going emergency measures by the government. Ugh.

Tslebs - what an awesome sitting buddy

Schools were closed here too. It was -4 when I left at 5:30. I don't quite get it but it is what it is.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Hi guys, a quick post here, but I did want to mention that I learned today that I was not the only one with a broken car window. I guess a group of kids have having fun on Main Street. Several cars were damaged the same way as mine. Erika, you are right, one feels violated when something like this happens. We took the car to the repair shop and they will have a new window in by Thursday night.

I had a Denise inspired tempo run today. 8.5 with 7at tempo. Very pleased with the outcome. Now off to see our little friend Collum be a lead singer in an operetta!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  No run tonight, but I had to drop in and say what a cute kid that is, Tom.  That's a cute kid, Tom.

Okay...gotta go.