Masters Running

Happy Birthday, Dark Horse! (Read 383 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Did I get it right? Is it today? Okay, I admit, it was just a guess. Since you said it was sometime this week, I figured I had a 1/7 chance of hitting it. Or maybe a 1/6 chance, since you said that yesterday, and so we probably don't include yesterday in the optional days. Hmmmm.... So, if I can keep this thread active all week, at some point it will actually be your birthday, and therefore be right on time. Hope it's a good one.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Good strategy Holly. Bound to be right one of these days, right? Happy birthday, Dark Horse! Here's hoping for happy trails for you in the year ahead.
      wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, you blew my seekrit strategy! I was going to check DH's profile every day and see when the age switched from 49 to 50! (It's linked to your birthdate, which doesn't show up in the profile.) Today it still says 49. So I'm not going to wish Dark Horse a Happy Birthday yet.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Carolyn, good idea, I didn't think of that... Confused Oh well, better early than late.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Hi DarkHorse . . . and that's all I'm sayin' . . . Tongue

Tammy

Happy prelated birthday!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Head Procrastinator

Y'all are a little early Big grin http://community.active.com/thread/36522?tstart=1000 But happy Pre Bday Horsie B
                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                Mariposai

Feliz Dia mi amigo. Espero que tu dia sea muy dichoso.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Da da da da da da da daah....they say it's your birthday - happy birthday to you (in her best Beatle's immitation). Have a great day, DH. Jeanne
                    coastwalker

Happy Birthday, DH, whenever the heck it is! Why not celebrate all week, and eat cake all week?? Clowning around Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

arf

MM #405

Jay...I believe you are onto something...never mind Birth "day"... HAPPY BIRTHWEEK DH!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin (I could definitely help you eat cake ALL week!!!) arf
                          What? What?? It's not my birthday yet! I'm still 49. Big grin But thanks for the good wishes. When I do turn 50--whenever that is--I plan to start cherry-picking races so I can win lots and lots of prizes. I think Econo pioneered this strategy. She has tons of first-place ribbons from obscure local events such as the Kiwanis Annual Picnic Three-Legged Race & 5K. I have never won anything in my life, so this should be a lot of fun. I may have to add a room to my house to accommodate the trophy cases I expect to fill. Er, I haven't actually had time to train much recently. So I may not start winning prizes right away. Dark Horse
                          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Is your profile lying?? Big grin
                              Is your profile lying?? Big grin
                              My profile is jumping the gun. I don't know why it says 50. I didn't write that. Someone said this website looks at your birthdate and calculates your age. If so, it is wrong. I am only a simple Horse and do not understand how these things work. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

King of PhotoShop

As hally pointed out to everyone, his birthday is tomorrow, Saturday, the 30th. I will wait one more day. Spareribs