Masters Running

40's On the Run w/e 4/5 (Read 375 times)

jfa

Hi Folks- all the way to Monday night w/o a new thread. Very quiet around here...... Rest day today for me. Spent the day cleaning up our 26' motorboat .Trying to sell it cause the kids aren't into anymore and I would rather be sailing .Anyone interested? Have a Happy Smile

Good morning folks...... Nice boat Joe.......hope you enjoyed your rest day! Jim, loved your videos from last weeks thread. Very cool indeed and woot, woot on that nice run you had! Nice runs for you Ev.....hope all body parts are behaving as you approach your taper. Glad your vacation was a good one Carol.... Arla, I too chuckled at the thought of you and your friend trying to get on the base to run a race when there was no race. Pretty funny......sounds like you got in a nice run anyway. The Heart concert was fabulous......they seriously rocked out, I was not disappointed. Have a great day all, Jewels
      But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Top 'O the World!

Good Morning 40+'s! Smile (aren't some of us rounding the 50 corner hereabouts?) Nice boat Joe! could I borrow it? would love it if we lived on water! .....mosy that thing down towards FL, or at least Myrtle Beach...bet you'd get some takers Wink ....personally, we've collected more toys since the kids moved out! just sayin.... Okay, so where is everybody?!? honestly, I'm still not done with my paperwork Dead I never am till nearly April 15th Tongue lazy!, lazy!, lazy!! & anal retentive abt details Roll eyes .....aaaaannnd I keep taking breaks! Blush we helped close Ski Cooper on Sunday....Awesome snow! Lotsa funny costumes! I pulled off some impressive wipeouts! which I feel today! - but not as much as yesterday! DOMS!!! sitting here w/herbal tea & vitamin-i ! & we're hitting Winter Park this weekend! Cool Ev! Big grin I really thought abt doing that the other day....for about 3 seconds! ...done it before - in full ski gear, except for snow sneakers instead of ski boots....Yah, you need ski goggles! end-of-season-clearance sales are here! btw: we're winding up a coupla more of them little snow squalls to send your way! the 2nd one (wknd) looks to be possibly the bigger one (according to doppler pics)....but, ya neverknow! last one went North! Jewels! Glad you had a good time @ the concert! Love the Wilson girls! Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqU8FOE0uk keep hearing them on Sirius blend Cool Well, back the paperwork.... No Cindy
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Hullooo....anyone out there?....... Jewels- Glad you had a good time at the concert. Amazing how all these bands that were hip when we were younger are still playing today. Must have been all the partying ,eh? Cindy- hope your bumps are better.Sounds like you're squeezing the last bit of fun from those mountains for the season,good for you! Nice easy slow run on a brandy new pair of Asics 2140's tonight. Motivation was lacking so I put the watch away,picked up the Buddy,and tried to go as slow as I could.Turned out to be a good move. Hope everyone survives the worm attack tomorrow!! Cry

Hullooo....anyone out there?....... Jewels- Glad you had a good time at the concert. Amazing how all these bands that were hip when we were younger are still playing today. Must have been all the partying ,eh? (
            Yup, I'm here. And yes, good music nevr gets stale. I am amazed at the amount of really good music out there today. Many (most?) of it is not ever heard by the masses. mtnchk getting the skiing in. Good for you, sounds like fun and I can hear the excitement of it in your voice. Yes, NW OK is expecting an inch or two of snow tomorrow.....and I do believe it is coming from CO....thanks so much! Roll eyes Managed 6 miles Monday evening, I'll try for more later today.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

An Oklahoma Sheriff stops at a ranch in rural OK and talks with an old farmer. He tells the farmer, 'I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.' The old farmer says, 'Okay, but don't go in that field over there.' The Sheriif verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Sheriffs Department with me.' Reaching into his rear pant pocket and removing his badge. The officer proudly displays it to the farmer. 'See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish..on any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?' The old farmer nods politely and goes about his chores. Later, the old farmer hears loud screams and spies the Sheriff running for his life and close behind is the farmer's bull. With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer. The Sheriff is clearly terrified. The old farmer immediately throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs..... 'Your badge! Show him your badge Smartass!
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                Hi 40's! Joe, thanks for getting us started (and keeping us going)! Nice cruiser you got there! Are you able to dock your boats right behind your house? Sailing, huh? Here's another oldie for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlAbdpZSna4 What, new shoes are not motivation? Jewels, Heart, wow, I'm jealous!!! What a treat Cool. I saw them when hubby was flipping through channels the other night, and they were great! We were both captivated to the point that the channel surfing was OVER. Bet it was fun to be there live. Cindy, did you have to mention taxes? Kind of embarrassing since I'm a CPA, but I haven't done mine yet either Blush. You can always get "close enough", pay in what you think you owe (if any), and file an extension so you don't miss any of that white stuff. Isn't it A Basin that stays open forever? Is going up there in May really worth it, or just a bunch of crunchy crud? Ev, bundle up there! That snow is exciting in the mtns, but not so much on the flat. Still kind of nice the hush that it puts on everything, so hope you get out and enjoy it. As for me....ran Sat, yard work Sun, ran Mon, lifted last night. First time in a while and ugggh, soreness already creeping in. Hubby decided not to run our church's 5K this Sat, so I'll probably take his entry even though I'm not that up for it. After 3 weeks of not much running and working through the weight lifting soreness this week, not expecting good results, but just to have fun. Good news at weight watchers...I maintained my weight whilst in San Fran, so am still down 2.6 lbs from when I started. Maybe walking those hills offset all that good food. Hope Leslie is having fun down under! Time to get to work so I can run later Smile. See ya!
                Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Good call Carol! .... It's not far down to paradise At least it's not for me And if the wind is right you can sail away And find tranquility The canvas can do miracles Just you wait and see Believe me It's not far to never never land No reason to pretend And if the wind is right you can find the joy Of innocence again The canvas can do miracles Just you wait and see Believe me Sailing Takes me away To where I've always heard it could be Just a dream and the wind to carry me And soon I will be free Fantasy It gets the best of me When I'm sailing All caught up in the reverie Every word is a symphony Won't you believe me It's not far back to sanity At least it's not for me And when the wind is right you can sail away And find serenity The canvas can do miracles Just you wait and see Believe me he's just gotten better! Cool sigh! Oh, yeah I resemble the taxes remark....guess what I did for a number of years?! Roll eyes kinda like the mechanic's car ain't it?! mine always have been the last one in, but I've never had to do an extension for myself.... Apparently I've been attached to the computer entirely too much past few days....Maisie-Raid kept bumping my elbow Wink so, off we went for some hilly fartleks (?) around the neighborhood before the next snow storm settles in - mtns are looking blacker & blacker this am! We're only gonna keep a foot of it & send it on to Ev! Big grin

flatland mountaineer

20 miles today at 6mm pace in 80 temps on this wonderful first day of Apil! Wink Wink ..........would you believe 4 @ 11 mm in 28 deg temps???? Smile gotta keep moving, more later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Hi Folks- the worms were quiet today but it did drum up some business for us with people sweating over it.Most of our customers run Trend-Micro AV which I think is the best out there. Thanks for the memories with that CC song guys. Brings me right back to sailing 19ft sailboats on SF Bay, rented from the Navy base ,blasting through the fog ,waves and hairy tides and on the edge of control! Boy that was fun! Nice runs Carol, Jim and Ev! Hope it;s warming up for you folks. When's that Dr's appt Jewels? Seems to me you said April? Seems like it's been 40* and cloudy for the last month but I'll take it. 10m @ 9:19 in the rain tonight. New Asics are a nice smooth ride........ Smile C ya's

An Oklahoma Sheriff stops at a ranch in rural OK and talks with an old farmer...... 'Your badge! Show him your badge Smartass!
                        Good one! Big grin Carol....nice runs and workouts. Do the church 5K and show 'em what you've got! Jim....you all most had me there for a second! I did a double take on the distance and pace Shocked Good one, as well! Joe....as quick as the snow came in, it's gone. Came in hard and fast on Frid-Sat....Real good melting on Sunday and by Monday it was good as gone. Or is that gone for good, or gone with a long before it? Was there some kind of problem in Australia yesterday? Seems I saw something on the news, but didn't catch what it was.....hope things are OK. I got a nice 9 miler in yesterday evening. Back in shorts and T with 72F. About mile 5 met up with a long time friend/runner. We visited for a few miles then parted ways. Nice for a change. Thanks for the Chrisopher Cross memory. Here's another (with a running connotation no less). It is the night. My body's weak. I'm on the run. No time to sleep. I've got to ride ride like the wind to be free again. And I got such a long way to go. To make it to the border of Mexico. So I'll ride like the wind, ride like the wind.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          LOL, Jim...at first I thought you might have been secretly training for a marathon, then I saw the pace Tongue Cindy, loved reading the words...sometimes I don't hear them right when they are sung....great song! Glad I'm not the only (almost) late tax preparer! Now step away from that computer and play with those poor deprived doggies! Joe, glad you're enjoying the new shoosies. Sounds like you got 'em good and broke in with the rain. Sailing in the SF Bay would be some serious stuff. That "on the edge of control" is precicely what I don't like about sailing. My stepdad had a 17ft Boston Whaler when I was in HS but unfortunately I never shared his love for sailing. We didn't have a backup engine, so I was either scared of tipping over if the wind was up or worried about making it back to shore if it was too calm. Hey Ev, nice friend find on the trail! Another CC goodie! So you got some wind up there yet? Blowing like crazy here. Not a good sailing day. Nice 9 miler. Hope Leslie is OK. I didn't hear anything about a prob in Australia, but only caught the local news yesterday. SERIOUSLY SORE from lifting on Tues. Ow, ow, ow.....whine...whine....Planning to go back tonight and try to work it out but hard to imagine at the moment. Have I mentioned....owwwwwww??
                          Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Oooooh Carol! can I just say, Yoga, vitamin I & massage! Wink oh, & rest....mebbe don't beat yerself up quite so much next time! I did, I did...go play w/the doggies! then back to "reconstructing" my shoddy mileage log Tongue should go pretty quick once I get all that annoying carp outta the way! Once I got on the YouTube, I just kept "stumbling" through! aaahhh!! nostalgia Wink Back up in Breck....sitting around "on call" .... business has definitely sloooowed waaaay down Cry well, maybe I'll just make some schedule adjustments & put some more miles on my Saucony's. Did hit the rec center for about 3 hrs this am....not the least bit tired (mebbe means I took it reeeeeal easy Wink) since I can't count, I have no idea (guessing) how far I went, but 2 hrs - 30 mins of which was run/walk alt w/a new fren (who believes it's bad for your knees to run that much! - I did make her pick up the pace a bit though!) in order to chat about town stuff....then 90 mins fairly steady w/some surges....30 mins yoga stretches, sit-ups & stuff....400 mtrs in the pool, some hot tubbin', shower, lunch & now "surfing" How's that for a leisurely life!? Cool maybe tooo leisurely....have picked up a few lbs No must.git.back.on.the.wagon!! Ordered the P90X boot camp DVD's that several of my clients are raving abt....we'll see!

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi everyone - hope you're all getting caught up on taxes and what-not. I just got my stuff into my accountant yesterday, even though they sent me a letter back in the fall saying they MUST get my paperwork mid-March. Ooops. Blush Carol - take it easy there! Running, gardening (aka cross-training), lifting all in a row? I'm getting sore thinking about it! Jewels - Glad to hear Heart was good, I was wondering. Us boomers keep right on rockin! Joe - nice stinkpot. Heh. (sailor's joke). Cindy - more snow coming your way...we're supposed to get more snow locally over the weekend. You should be getting lovely spring skiing soon - keep up the yoga, Vitamin I and hot tea! Had a nice 18 miler along 17 mile drive in the Monterey area over the weekend, boy was that hilly! Much more than I'm used to. Stayed at a cute place on the Carmel Highlands cliffs http://www.ticklepinkinn.com/ and ate a big pile of seafood with linguini as a reward. Next week is Spring Break! Yahoo! I'm going on a cruise, but there's a track on the boat so I'll try to get my runs in...bet it's a 1/8 mi track, so let's see, an 8 miler would be 64 laps! Not sure I can count that high! Good luck on your runs and your taxes! Arla

Ex runner

flatland mountaineer

Its been busy here last few days so not much time to post other than my lame April fools day prank. I hope to run in the morning work permitting. I need to get some more spraying done before the big storm comes in but I need north winds less than 15 and mod temps so we shall see. Lynda is running the tractor with the strip-tiller that was in the right round video in heavy cornstalks that have to be dry for it to work well. She usually has late starts waiting for the humidity to drop then goes until about dark. I got the last fertilizer sprayed on the wheat today and she tendered me while her project was too damp. High winds here yesterday so no spray for me and she still had snow drifts in her fields so I roadtripped a 300 mile loop to the dealer that inspected my combine then dropped down to Colby KS to look at some semi-tractors. A better week than last for sure as it seemed like I had to take heads off to get any action. I still take solace in the fact we have very solid core people around us as suppliers or purchasers but I think we weeded out some of the weak ones on the fringes last week. Joe pretty cool boat there, It would look good on Lake McConauhay north of Ogallala. Afraid it would turn out like out like our jet skis that didn't even get their hulls wet last summer. Glad the worm wasn't too hard on ya and I bet Buddy likes them forgetabout it runs. (the watch that is) Jewels cool concert, they were one of my faves, when do ya see the knee doc? Cindy should be some good snow at WPk this wkend. I wanta make it up one more time work permitting. Usually seems like the best snow when the resorts are winding down. Liked the joke. Ev your staying consistant on the homestretch here. Spose it will ever get spring and stay spring on the plains or will we go straight to 100 deg? Carol good job on the WW and walking, x-training too!! U asked Cindy bout A Basin, its pretty high so it will stay better than alot of the lower altitude resorts, in May you might get the best snow of the season or spring corn, Never know. Where I go backcountry ski the real skiers like May as the snowpack settles and there is less avy danger for some of the extreme decents if they hit them at the right time of day. Arla sure sounds like you have been able to run in some scenic places recently. 64 laps on the cruise ship track "I'm so dizzy my head is spinning." Where are ya cruizin'? Have a great time. MTA easy 4 this morn on my hill route. Winter storm warning for tommorow. Shocked

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III