Masters Running

Trip to New York --GMA (Read 163 times)

munchkn883

Well, today MrMunch and I were interviewed by our local ABC affiliate. It went very well. They will also be going to NY to follow us around as well as get footage when I meet Robin Roberts. This has, is and continues to be quite exciting. Now, only the ladies will appreciate this .... DD2 and I were going to go shopping today. I was shocked when I walked into Ann Taylor Loft to be met with "so, you much be the lady we've been waiting for". Seems DD2 had arrived before me, told the salespeople what was going on and they had a dressing room full of clothes for me to try on. I picked out a pair of black pants (little longer than crops, but shorter than long ones..don't know what they are called), pink cardigan sweater and black jacket with 3/4 sleeves. Then I bought a new pair of dress jeans to wear with my new black shirt and DD2's red jacket. Oh, I also had to get new flats!! Hope to have pics to post and an exciting story to tell!
      I'm out of the loop--what's the deal, what's up? Surprised
      Masters 2000 miles
      munchkn883

Aamos -- I'll try to give the short version. When the cancer came back for the third time I decided there were some things I wanted to do. So I made a list and am checking some of them off. I have always liked GMA and Robin Roberts. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer I decided I had to meet her. She has been so open and honest...letting the world see her and take part in her journey. She is one strong woman! Anyway I mentioned my list and the fact I wanted to meet Robin to my Bosom Buddies and husband. The woman who coordinates our group called MrMunch b/c she knew someone at our local ABC affiliate. That person knew someone who used to work with Robin and also went to school with her. She e-mailed my friend back and said she would be happy to meet us! Now, seems the person at our ABC affiliate spoke with my husband who happned to mention I was coaching with TNT. This guy has done an event with TNT and decided a story should be made. Hence the interview with the affiliate yesterday and the fact they are going with us to NY and follow us around. The little segment will air a week from this coming Monday on WTVD!! Hopefully I'll be able to wave to everybody this coming Monday from the GMA audience!! I'm also taking both my daughters (ages 26 & 30) to Disney World for 4 days in May...no husbands or children!! Now, do any of you Boomers have any ideas on how I might get a ride in a fighter jet?? Confused
          You go, munch! Re: Fighter Jet ride Can you write or call a PR guy for Lockheed or Boeing? Maybe they can help you out. They get good PR, you get the ride of your life. Goodness you're brave. Go for it!
            Do we have a blooming celebrity in our midsts? Good for you, Munch! Keep going on that list, and I have no doubt you'll one day end up in a fighter jet. (Keep a barf bag well within easy reach, if you do! Wink )

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

munchkn883

I'll work on the PR guy when I get back!! Thanks!!
              lswife

Sounds so exciting! Good for you! Tell us all about it when you return.