Masters Running

Brooks Falls Bear Cam is back! (Read 20 times)

evanflein

Several people were asking about it, here it is!

Bear Cam

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks erika.

It's where I worked for two summers in those days.

Glad it's up and working so well this year.

With commercial drift and set gill net fishing for red (sockeye) salmon getting underway in Bristol Bay, the survivors should be swimming up the Naknek River past Rhoonville into Naknek Lake and then a mile up the Brooks River past Brooks Falls to Brooks Lake into numerous natal tributary streams for spawning pretty soon.

Brooks Falls is so scenic and full of leaping salmon and feeding bears that it's been shown all over the place as if in many other settings too, including even in films supposedly set in Washington state. That's okay, John Wayne's "North to Alaska" about Nome was shot in Ziggy-land.

thanks again.

ps - click on the Riffles Cam option for glimpses of last year's feeding frenzies.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

It's incredibly mean of you to post that is the middle of the work day.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

thanks - my GD is enjoying it - perfect rest time activity.  we're tired after biking and digging!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wow, June 26 and there's already one Yogi sitting on his haunches waiting for something (kings? or early sockeyes?) to come along with another one on the bank watching for any sign of success.  Thanks for linking it up so early.  who'd'a known?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

If you subscribe to explore.org, you get notified of this and all sorts of other cool cams!