Masters Running

Weekly Run & Cross Training w/e March 9th (Read 324 times)

Another great week... Dutchie42-54.42K including some challenging Wind work evanflein-47.8 miles I think...Nice Relay win evryday-36 miles...lookin solid JJJesse-23 miles...call it a step-back week lyndenrunner-32.5 miles nowor-14.5 miles+gym+yoga...good job pfreise-48.8 miles ...smokin 10K PR seemomgo-33miles+2 walk...steady SteveP-19.5 miles??Anything on Sunday??? tetsujin209-33 miles biking+12 walking...enjoying life miles I call em
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@8:05 Tue-6@8:02 Wed-9@8:19 Thur-Off Fri-Off Sat-Off Sun-5@7:38 Total=26 miles...Out of town for 3 days
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      seemomgo

Hi Gordon!!! Monday....rest day Tues ......2 Weds......5.5 Thurs.....6 Friday...3.5 Sat.......0 out of town all day at a science competition Sun.....14 Total for the week.......31

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, M................Rest,,,,,,,,,,,rest T..................4................4 W.................8...............missed it T..................4................8 F..................XT only........4... 1.5 walk.....30min XT S..................6................5....1 walk.....41+ bicycle....1 faceplant with a side of bruised ribs. S................14................0 too painful to run.... walked 13 miles, biked about 16....1/2 XT Total...........36.................21
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
            Thanks LDR.... Mon.....rest............rest Tues....6miles..........6 miles Wed....9miles..........6 miles ... I lacked the mental toughness Thurs....rest...........rest Frid......6miles.........6 miles Sat......25K race......25K...15.5 miles Sun......rest...........I think I'm done for the week. Total 33.5 miles
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            pfriese

Thanks for the weekly start.
              DayPlanActualComment
              Mondayrest dayrest day - done Smile
              Tuesday6 miles running5.5 miles running9:00//mile avg pace
              Wednesday8 miles running8 miles running9:52/mile avg pace (treadmill)
              Thursday6 miles running6 miles running9:48/mile avg pace (treadmill)
              Fridayrest dayrest day - done
              Saturday25K racerest day - doneunplanned rest day
              Sunday5 miles running19.7 miles running10:23/mile avg pace
              Total~40 miles running39.2 miles runningDone
              Paul
              Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon. Mon...boring 45min swim. I so did not enjoy it. Tue...9.6K easy run with both doggies: no wind, yeah! But a very painful achilles problem. Wed..giving the leg a rest Thu...60 min swim class (lots of technique) and 6K run. Achilles problem solved itself or the run wasn't long enough. Fri.....crisis at work = no running Sat...9.1K, bit more than I was supposed to, to make up for yesterday's missed run plus 15K bike ride, stopping at the running store for gels. Sun..29.8K in hard rain and very strong winds. I was so miserable, cold and wet at the end! But I did finish what I set out to do. Total runs: 48.5K despite achilles problems, work interference and bad weather.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks Lynden. Yeah, I think you got it right for last week, about. Close enuf. This week is a little recovery at the beginning is in order, but I'll be itchin' to get out there more with the increasing daylight and milder temps! Monday: usually a XT day, but I usually blow it off anyway. Today was no exception, 0 miles. Tuesday: 6.5 miles with the 4 in the middle at tempo pace. IRC, couldn't resist! Wednesday: 9 tempo w/ most at 8:3X m/m, miles 2 and 6 at 8:0X (just over HM pace) Thursday: 5 EZ, but did have two uphill miles to get back home Friday: Rest day, walked the dog Saturday: 9 miles of hills and tempo (HM) pace, gorgeous day!! Sunday: Schedule calls for cutback to 12, but since last Sunday's 20 got cut to 14 after the relay, I may up this to 14-16 but will go by feel. Goal is 40 to 44 or so...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lynden - you nailed it right from your runner's heart of gold on the miles for life. Springtime weather, longer days, flowering trees and bushes conspiring to end the annual winter taper early this year. Sunday - taper Monday - taper Tuesday - four mile sunset run Wednesday - (taper) Thursday - (taper) Friday - (taper) Saturday - (taper + annual bike expo) ========================== Sunday - 3-goddess half mary ps - I'm with you evan on eschewing the track especially when you've got the beauty of Interior Alaska for your running. Seein' any lights this time of year?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Hi, Tet. Yes, I'd much prefer trails or roads to the track. Not much for lights, seems pretty quiet. Might be due to cloud cover. 32F today when I ran (high of 40) and it was wonderful!! You've reminded me to check the auroral forecast though. I'll let you know what I find out...
                      nowor

Thanks Gordon for keeping this thread going. I like checking everyone's weekly activities. I've managed to dodge the deluges and enjoy the 40-50* temps. Just what I like. At my (non)speed wind is just a great fan. Monday-4 mi Tues-core/ball class and strength class-2 hrs Wed-4.5 mi Thur-core/ball class and strength work-1.5 hrs, PM-yoga class returned Fri-7 mi in shorts Sun- yoga Summary: 15.5 mi + yoga + gym stuff
                        SteveP

Monday: 0 Tuesday: 4.53 Wednesday: 5.99 Thursday: 6.7 Friday: 0 Saturday: 0 Sunday: 5.42 Total: 22.64

SteveP