Masters Running

Marathon Sunday! 10-04-15 (Read 42 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

I have to get going--but I wanted to start the daily by wishing tet (Potland), Erika (Wineglass), HermosaBoy (Twin Cities Marathon), and SubDood (TCM) good luck, today!  I'm sure there's somebody else running a marathon, so good luck to you, too.  I really wanted to go down and cheer the TCM runners along, today, but it just didn't work out.  Life!

Okay--gotta go--but I'll be back...

moebo

Good morning, all.

Thanks to everyone for your words of consolation and encouragement. I am feeling pretty good today, so that is quite a relief. Went on a long stroll with BF along the lake in glorious fall weather this morning.

I saw online last night that I was 15/28 in my age group, so not so bad after all, I guess. And it it got me inspired to get into better shape!

This morning, I looked into signing up for the Manchester (CT) Road Race on Thanksgiving. I am trying to get as many family members to come along--might as well make it into a holiday event.  DD is the first to get on board, working on BF and his DD and SIL...

Like Mike E, I am wishing good luck to all this morning's racers!

I'll be checking in later to see how it went.

Good luck to our racers today.  And GO TET!!

Well, it seems I've managed to strain something in the bottom of my left foot.  *sigh*  Guess that means I need to sit around today so as not to irritate it.  Darn.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

New skirt in town

6 easy miles this morning, and then a lovely course walk-through before my son's cross-country race.  The weather turned out to be perfect after all of the dour predictions of last week!

Good luck to all of the marathoners!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Sayhey! MM#130

Jus' hanging out, awaiting news.  Cooler temps continue here.  16.2 with ease this am; it never broke 80.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Rob ran 2:50.  Really.

Henrun

Good luck to all the marathoners-BUT some of us run shorter races. I rolled out of bed and decided to run a 5K at our local reservoir (1/2 mile away). It was a small race with less than 100 runners but many walkers to support the Oral Cancer Foundation. Weather was ideal with low 50's, some sun and gusty winds. Marj, who returned from a class joined me shortly after the start and ran me in. I ran my fastest 5K of the year and finished 1/1 in the 61 to 90 age group. Now to spend a leisurely Sunday, reading the Sunday Times.

Mike E

MM #5615

Rob ran 2:50.  Really.

Dang!  He must have had a bad day...

Mike E

MM #5615

Nice job on your 5k, Henry!

King of PhotoShop

Is Rob hurt?  Or maybe he was just a pacer for a slow group.

Yes, a ton of big races today and because I know people from here (EK) doing Wineglass, as well as people from Dallas, I am encouraging them to find each other. I connected a friend from my club with Lou and Harriet yesterday at New Hampshire and later in the day she sent m a pic of the two of them so they did find each other.  Same with TCM, a lot of friends running today.  Best wishes to all of them.

8 miles for me this morning on a cool, brisk day, high 60's, gorgeous out there.

Most of you know that the great runner and universally liked runner Bob Hearn was the first U.S. finisher at last week's Spartathlon, so tomorrow I am writing about it in the Dallas Morning News blog.  I'll post the link here.  What a great accomplishment.  Spareribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Maybe he had a cold??

can't find anything yet on Erika and what's the Dood's last name?

Congrats Henry!

SubDood

what's the Dood's last name?

Hehehe. Hi Amy! The Dood's last name is Day. First name is Bob. I ran a 3:04:51 today. PR by almost 5 minutes. I love that I'm faster at 50 than I was at 29! But I'm no MikeE or HermosaBoy. I'll take their "slow" times any day.

From Erika - Wineglass marathon done in 3:38:21

All this marathon running has made me tire - I may need a nap

Great running folks!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

mrrun

All this marathon running has made me tire - I may need a nap

+

congrats to all you marathon racers - & to those who raced shorter distances & to all those who ran or walked today or cross-trained however.

i ran about 7 miles and am now cross-training with newspapers

marj

Wow, those are some fast marathoners!

Congrats on the new PR Subdood!  Yes, getting older AND better, how sweet!

I did my annual Run with the Fishes 5K.  I did not PR, but that was not a surprise.  I did attain my second goal, which was to come under a 9:00 pace overall (by one second!) on my Garmin.  Of course it will be longer based on course length.  It was nice to have someone there (BE) to take the car keys and my jacket.  Perrrrfect day - 51F and no wind.  I could have pushed a little bit harder, I am sure, but I don't think I would have gotten a PR, so not beating myself up about it.  There were about 1500 people, so even though I started near the front, I had to weave past a lot of slower runners, sigh!  My other goal was to beat my age group placement last year, which was 7/76 (might have been a lot of walkers).  Still waiting for the official results...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."