Masters Running

My Boston Report (Read 381 times)

Pshew, it was tough, but worth it. We got in Friday, went to Fenway. Sox got behind 7-0. Wally the traveling mascot (he ran NYC marathon with me, and last year's Boston) sent his mojo out, and we got things righted. Won the game. Watched Sat. and Sun on TV. Sent DH to game Monday, listened on radio. Stayed to Tuesday; Sox swept the Orioles. Won 2 yesterday, so we're on track. Peddy, Big Papi, Jacoby all hitting. My work in Boston is complete, for now. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Do anything interesting while listening to the game? Wink It was a great pleasure to meet you and DanL on Sunday. Sorry I didn't get to talk a little more, but what I did get in was very nice. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Smile I am sure Boston thanks you, Amy Heck, what's a small little 26.2 jaunt when there are more important things, huh Wink You are a true Joy!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

coastwalker

Love it!! Big grin Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

evanflein

Amy, you crack me up. It sure was fun to see you and Dan in Boston, and the adventure on the green line! Never a dull moment. DH wanted to go to the Sox game on Monday, but I'm glad we went to the Celtics/Bulls game that evening instead.
              Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I was in a jury pool earlier this week and one of the jurors mentioned that he was a big Boston Red Sox fan. He got roundly booed by others in the courtroom. The Judge mentioned he is a big Detroit Tigers fan. The other juror said "I feel your pain". He nearly got a Contempt of Court citation. Big grin Bosox and a small Race. Quite a weekend. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TammyinGP

Great report of your stay in Boston, Amy! Just seems like something is missing here. . . Confused Wink

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I really enjoyed our discussion during Robin's pre-race party, even though it was mostly about the homebrewing process (or maybe especially because it was Smile ). You guys did a great job feigning interest, anyway Big grin Hope to see you again soon!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Amy, I had you on my tracker list and knew you were having a great day by taking it easy and enjoying the Game. I have to check my schedule for when Boston plays Detroit, I have tickets to watch the Tigers and Yankees on Tuesday night if your interested Wink Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

wildchild

Carolyn

Roll eyes Ok, you know I'm not a sports fan, but I loved your non-RR! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Grins back at you. Pshew is right! Now... take care of yourself. Hey. the weather last night... that was your doing too, wasn't it??
                              I was so lucky to have double doses of you---Saturday and Monday! I think as you went by during the race, the Bosox were ahead 3-1 and they just kept cruising. Heck, all of the major Boston teams won on Monday---Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox---no wonder you are tired! Wink Seriously it was great to see you and DanL and get some hugs and chat for a bit. I was glad you took it easy and finished with your gorgeous grin. Karin
                                Where were you when you were listening to the game? I seem to have missed that part.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx