Masters Running

TGIF Oct 3rd Daily (Read 581 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Out for the usual 5 mile trail run. Just as we were started our run, I spotted the people we bought the house of in the village, so I immediately upped the pace, Woody didn't know what hit him, so we kept that pace up, which turned into a progression/tempo run. Undulating trail, very nice it was too. Splits: 09:16/154 10:40/158 09:28/156 08:19/163 08:10/170 Anyway: 5m 45:55 @ 09:11 pace AHR 159 76% Good Runs All Roy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning everyone. Very nice progression / tempo run there Roy. You said Roy "Out for the usual 5 mile trail run. Just as we were started our run, I spotted the people we bought the house of in the village, so I immediately upped the pace" What did you do...get a good deal, and they want their house back so you have to run from them Smile 5 very easy recovery miles for me. Felt like running more, but have gradually realized more is NOT always better, as I have another 20 plus miler on Sat and another 30 mile weekend coming up....weather is suppose to be perfect too Smile Last night it was pretty cool out again and I hesitated to run topless again. Then I thought....WWCD (what would Carolyn do)....so topless it was Wink Holly, so happy with you that they allowed you to defer your Columbus Marathon to 2009, sweet. Also about yesterday.....slacker ....you too Carolyn Big grin Mary, I still crack up about your post about "operating heavy machinery"...too funny. Ok Mary, if you could just squeeze two more miles on your next long run, 24 miles would really be...just kidding as I know you are tapering Big grin Ribs has officially passed the torch to me to call you a slacker whenever it is needed Tongue Tramps, hope you get your shoe situation figured out...as I recently did myself, and it can be a pain in the butt finding the right one's. Bill, hope your new running plan is still going well, keep us all informed ok...we are watching with interest! Nonoruns, Happy your ankle is feeling better....and no more bad attitude about running Smile Erika, I thought Sarah did well in the debate last night. No super big blunders, and held her own ( this is not a political solicitation) And my condolences to you....................about the stinking snow and winter weather you have already, yuck! Bob, thanks for the kind words and you are doing awesome also, and I look forward to hearing about your most excellent Marathon. You are right, my Marathon is a flat fast course...but it is still the legs that have to perform. A special thanks to Steve for helping me with my hydration and fueling needs for my Marathon...you are a great guy and athlete! Amy, there are no words to really describe your many many Marathons...you are a running machine Smile dg " in goose-poop free Frees" Big grin Big grin Big grin Happy Happy TGIF!!! - Boy, I am chatty this morning. I miss hearing about Karin, and how her running and life is going Sad TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

The Jogger

Morning everyone. Very nice progression / tempo run there Roy. You said Roy "Out for the usual 5 mile trail run. Just as we were started our run, I spotted the people we bought the house of in the village, so I immediately upped the pace" What did you do...get a good deal, and they want their house back so you have to run from them Smile TimBo
        Big grin Big grin Big grin No Tim, my ego took over .......
          Roy-That looks like a 9:11 pace to me...well done
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #3309

Big grin Big grin Big grin No Tim, my ego took over .......
            Ahhhh, the ego thing that I think most of us go through while running sometimes....I sure struggle with that too, when I see another runner out or someone I know...gotta look speedy Roll eyes Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! Nice progression run Roy!!.. Great job Woody! It is true.. if I'm slogging it out in a long run and I come upon a group of runners, I get re-energized and form improves and pace quickens... funny how that happens. Total rest day today, sorry Tory..

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hill Runner

Good morning all, ...Cracking run Roy! I was run off the road today by a school bus in the dark. As the bus was coming up at a hairpin turn in the road, I was coming downhill and was forced off the road onto the shoulder which was lined with jagged rocks...I don't know how I managed to stay on my feet in the dark but I'm OK and managed to escape without any damage. That could have put a real kink in my marathon plans... 11.07 hills @ 9:01 pace. This puts me at just over 50 miles for the weeks so far. My last big week until taper time. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Tramps

Aamos—I’m humbled and honored. Also, I laughed at “Longiland.” Divechief—great to see you back in action! Carolyn—I defer to Dicky as the authority on that query. Roy—nice run; I had the same question about what motivated it. Tim—I think I learned “if it ain’t broke (too bad), don’t fix it;” I’m back to my old shoes. Peter—Wow; be careful out there. Just one non-partisan debate comment: they’re boring. Everyone’s so hell-bent on avoiding gaffes that they’re full of pre-programmed platitudes. Does anybody really learn anything from them? Biden can be hilarious but you saw none of that. Palin, I suspect, has a wider repertoire of lines than the few she repeated over and over. For the next debate, I propose a new rule: every 15 minutes each candidate must tell a joke. “Senator McCain, we move now to the ‘knock-knock’ category and you go first…” “Senator Obama, it’s time for a 'walks into a bar' joke....” We’d learn just as much about the candidates and enjoy ourselves much more. Oh yeah, I ran. 5.4 miles at an unexpectedly sproinky 8:23. Must be the new shoes. Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

Two clowns walked into a bar...the third one ducked... 4 easy
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

On another thread, Dave59 posted a link to "Talking Point Bingo Cards." Each square was a phrase that the candidate was likely to say (eg, "Drill, Baby, Drill" for Palin). So you had a Palin card and a Biden card and would fill in the squares as you listened. I almost got Bingo two different ways for Palin, but that was the best I could do. It made listening to the debate much more fun! DS16 thought it was halarious and is going to tell his friends about it - whoo hoo, we scored some "cool" points! Trying to get up the energy to run right now. The week has pooped me out (nothing in particular, just Mom's Taxi Service duty).
                        Ran the full Oakland U golf course this morning, starting at 38F (but still in shorts!) under clear, dark skies with Orion riding high in the east. 5 hilly miles at just under a 10-minute pace. This was my first (and maybe last) full circuit of this venue for the year. This was where I got my start in running those many years ago, and I thought about the great group of guys that introduced me to the sport. I also recalled the names we had for some of the places along the route: The Widowmaker, Sunrise Alley, Zoetewey Lane. I was never sorry that my name was not attached to any particular place along the way; to have that happen, you had to fall or make some other spectacular mistake that would be remembered forever. Anyway, it was a good run and made me feel just a bit younger and stronger. Good running to everyone else today and of course to the weekend racers.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Hi all! Heading out for a 5+/- mi. trail run. Signed up for the Drumstick Dash AND my first HM. The Indianapolis Marathon (just doing the half...) on the 18th of this month. I've been doing 25 mile weeks consistently all summer and my injuries have healed (plus I'd had a couple beers which made me seem a whole lot stronger runner than I am. Big grin ) Working up to the Tecumseh Trail Marathon--eventually. Have a good day all! Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Dave59

Boy am I tired today. I called up my blog list and didn't feel like reading anything. And I came here and can barely read today's posts. I am going to have to fake my way through work today. So, if I'm tired why am I even here? Well, it's been a month or more since I posted shameless granddaughter pictures and my daughter took some nice pictures at a nearby cider mill. Here's one of them: (There were better ones http://www.flickr.com/photos/dabegley/sets/72157607698745181/ but I like this one with the tongue out.)

Bob, thanks for the kind words and you are doing awesome also, and I look forward to hearing about your most excellent Marathon. You are right, my Marathon is a flat fast course...but it is still the legs that have to perform.
                              You are certainly right about that one Tim! I think we are both primed to run a good marathon...IF...all the stars are aligned, the temps stay cool, the wind doesn't blow too hard etc. etc. We can only do so much as we all know and then well it is what it is. A total rest day for me today and then 3 fairly easy miles with some strides tossed in tomorrow before my marathon on Sunday.

Marathon Maniac #3309

You are certainly right about that one Tim! I think we are both primed to run a good marathon...IF...all the stars are aligned, the temps stay cool, the wind doesn't blow too hard etc. etc. We can only do so much as we all know and then well it is what it is. A total rest day for me today and then 3 fairly easy miles with some strides tossed in tomorrow before my marathon on Sunday.
                                That's what will be interesting here in Indiana on Nov 1st, my Marathon date. I could be 30 degrees, snowing and windy...or 75 degrees and sunny. I sure hope for the upper 40's or around 50 and no wind. Good luck Bob, as I will be pulling for ya to run a good time that you have worked sooo hard for, and be happy about it!!! Tim