Masters Running

Light at the End of the Tunnel & RA meet up? (Read 77 times)

Sorry Mari...I hope you get in, it would be nice to see you again...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

don't worry mari,  since I got in through the regular registration over the lunch hour, you can have the extra annual spot I have from perennial volunteering. I hope DH  and the two DS's got in though

======\========================

the cheapest places to stay.

mikeE

A.  Cheap accommodations

huh?  didn't we mention it's Seattle?

Best bet is to bring a sleeping bag and sleep anywhere you are.

Otherwise,

http://www.hostelseattle.com/

http://www.greentortoise.net/

http://www.americanhotelseattle.com/

B. What to do afterwards (or before).

1.   Mt. Rainier (Paradise/Camp Muir)

Especially if with wildchild too, 4.5 mile run from Paradise Lodge at timberline (5,500') on Mt.Rainier up a little over a mile to the snowfields and then straight up to Camp Muir at 10,000', or, if you're too wim,.. I mean too tired, cruise around the one-mile Skyline Trail mostly below the snow level.  Rosie might still have some photos. In fact, since you're already BQ'ed maybe a Saturday warm-up might work out too.

Otherwise, if you're too tired, I'll take you to the salmon locks while the goddesses do the alpines.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mari!!!  No fair!!!

Hey, I could drive you to the start......it is an open to the public trail during the race, ya know.  Or it could be fun to mountain bike down it too.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Walk-Jogger

wow, it is full!!! I can't believe this!!! First time ever. It filled 7 hours later.

Those of us who were away from a PC all day are out Cry

My next move...find volunteers to work during the race so I can run the marathon! Which is how I entered last year, but  the race was full in May last year.

This in unbelievable!

I heard that they will be accepting a certain number of mailed-in entries, so if you run to the post office and mail in your entry right now, you might still get in!

Retired &  Loving It

Mariposai

I am in and so is my DH! My DH volunteered last year, which gives him a reserved spot!

Call me Happy Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Mari: that is great news.  so glad to hear it.   hope everyone else that wanted to got in.   I might be able to join Enke in the cheering section at the finish.

Enke...If you mountain bike down the course...Will you pick up hitch hikers?

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Maniac 505

The year I ran it, some of the volunteers and some of the medical people were on bikes.  after the tunnel I saw one of the bicycle medics on the side of the trail bandaging his own leg.  He said He was his first patient,  he crashed in the tunnel Embarrassed

Do we need to start a list?

Racers:

mariposai

wildchild

pfriese

Cecil57

arf

Mike E

tetsujin

lynden

Fans:

enkephalin

divechief

Others - would Francesca be doing this race?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

I asked Dove if she was running it this year, but she'll be away that weekend.

Did Arf get in?

I'm looking into flights - might try to add a day or two afterward as Mike suggested.  Looking forward to it!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

YES!!!! do add a day or two post marathon! The area is gorgeous and there is so much to do! Besides, there is that post marathon party that I am trying to figure out how it can happen. I plan to stay longer in the area as well (Seattle is 5 hours of driving from me) to hang out with our visitors as much as I can!

Divechief, you won't forget the champagne, right?

I am so looking forward to meeting pfriese, Wildchild and MikeE...this will be so much fun!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Walk-Jogger

Anyone have suggestions for best places to stay for two nights? My wife will be handling the logistics of this for the two of us, and would welcome suggestions.

Retired &  Loving It

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

maybe check with Erika. \

I think they've stayed at a local hotel that has a rooftop hot tub looking down into Mariner's Field.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Anyone have suggestions for best places to stay for two nights? My wife will be handling the logistics of this for the two of us, and would welcome suggestions.

Cecil,  You might try airbnb.com.  I've never used it, but I know several people who have and I expect to on future trips.

Maniac 505

but the day after would be kind of fun to do something.  I'm just wondering if anybody has given any thought to what they're doing. 

Mike,  a couple other suggestions are the Underground tour at Pioneer square (middle of downtown)  It is an amusing tour of early Seattle history,  well worthwhile.  If you do that you will be near Pike Place market.

a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry is one of the best harbor tours around and I might be able to arrange an engine room tour if there is any interest.

One of the newest permenant exibits in Seattle if anyone is looking for something a little more artsy is the new Chihuly Garden of glass under the space needle.

Dave