Masters Running

Light at the End of the Tunnel & RA meet up? (Read 77 times)

Walk-Jogger

Cecil - what race is that? Sounds like eight Doomsdays in Bloomsday or the Climb-a-Mountain one I got to do with mariposai some years ago.  Anyway, based on a rule-of-thumb from the 1978 winter edition of the now-defunct The Runner Magazine, a person can run a noncompetitive marathon if you can struggle through 13.1 miles without stopping, no matter how slowly.  I think it's only 8 miles if it's on hills though, especially when the 26.2 miles to follow is downhill. .  However, just don't stop at all, even once, during the eight mile ascent.  I dare you. Smile  Have fun. . 

"Run for the Hill of It" in Lewiston, Idaho. It's a fairly small run, with just 80 or so runners two years ago when I last ran it, and it's a lot of fun. Cheap entry fee, great scenery on the hill, and little to no traffic on that road.  If I lived a bit closer, I'd be running this hill every weekend just for fun.

The "Lets Climb a Mountain" relay goes up Mt. Spokane, and is July 13th this year.

Looks like we may be running in a light rain this morning. Not my favorite conditions; two years ago it was sunny and hot, and I won the race O/A because I like the heat, and apparently other people don't?

Retired &  Loving It