Masters Running

Friday 4/3 Daily (Read 31 times)

I am starting the daily at 11am EDT?    Where are all of you?  This is a sad start since today was not even a running day for me.  Just an hour on the elliptical.  I have been watching Gotham while on the machine and I am quite impressed with it.  It was apparently close but the show has been renewed for 2015-2016, which I am glad to see.

WARNING:  Do not make candied pecans!  Not ever!  I made a batch and cannot stop picking at them.  You have been warned!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Wow TC!  Lucky for me I'm allergic. No candied nuts for me.

Well maybe I'm getting to the bottom of this fatigue issue. Worried it was my heart, I had a stress/echo and the tech said she saw nothing unusual but that the dr. would review and write or call and if it was anything serious, this would happen that day.  So that was yesterday and I'm assuming the heart is okay.

But the blood test from my physical came out that I am "mildly anemic" and I can appreciate why that is, with the VB6,  mostly plant-based diet.  Lots of people chimed in on what to do about that, and what I have done is switched out my multi-vitamin which had no iron, to one that has a 100% RDA for iron, and I'm going to eat more meat-based iron, e.g., liver (which I love), red meat, etc.

But the best news from the blood panel was the LDL, which my cardiologist wants to see below 80 and it's now down to 65.

Ran 3 today with the Saint and felt okay.  Spareribs

Yay! on the health report, Ribs.  It'll be interesting to see how the addition of iron will affect you.

2Kitty - I'm not a pecan fan, but I bet my dad and Hub would devour those.

TSelbs - Glad you missed the yucky weather.  It sounds like you're feeling better, too.

30 min of stat biking this a.m., followed by 30 min of core/ST, mostly upper body ST.  I did some EZ regular and 1-legged squats.  So far those activities didn't seem to irritate things.

Got an email from my buddy, Karen.  She's going to be in Chicago at the end of the month for a conference.  It's at the same time the NFL draft will be going on . . . and she's staying in the same hotel.  She's a huge football fan, so suffice to say she's excited. She's also single.  Said she's going to take all her cute outfits to wear.  Watch out, Chicago!  They have no idea about Hurricane Karen.

A blessed Good Friday and Easter to you all ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya and good still barely morning.......well, it IS Good Friday.....I used to be in church for 3 hours, 12-3, when I was a kid.

Good numbers, Ribs!  YAY!

Speaking of numbers, I got the math, TC, and believe that you are too too modest.  3 out of 3 feasts for you coming up, jealous.

tet!  There's a half marathon/10K at Cocoa Beach May 10 with a special awards category for barefoot runners.  You should come home and do this one!

Doing a first time half up north a bit tomorrow.  I know, but it's for a good cause (kids with autism) and if I run a few extra miles or need to carry  my own water, it's ok.  And DH is doing it too.  We'll get an early start on Easter Weekend.

Weather and moon combined last night for a perfect baseball evening.  And the boys came through, altho the Twins' Santana was very sharp.   Makes for a slightly sleepy Amos this am, but it's Friday.  Oh, and GERTA SEATS!  One row back from the dugout.  Love spring training!

Just 6 moseying miles this am.  Still able to enjoy the moon.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Friday!

Ribs - nice job on the LDL.

Twocat - I will heed your warning. 

Leslie -   Wishing Karen a great time in the Windy City.

Aamos - enjoy your half tomorrow with DH.

Well, it was good news at the oral surgeon's office, and he said that this was the fastest clearing up of this type of infection he has ever seen.  I told him it is because I have a great doctor.    Might also be because I have not taken many antibiotics in a while, so maybe they worked well for me.

The other good news is that the doctor gave me the okay to run, but having taken most of 4 weeks off, I feel as if I am starting from the beginning, no energy or stamina in my legs.  Oh well, we all have to start somewhere, and maybe it will come back quickly.  I am just happy to be running again!

5 slow miles in a slightly rainy 60 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Hey friends. Just a drive by post. Still busy with work, soccer, life, etc. All good thankfully.

Glad to hear you're getting well Holly. The running will return soon enough.

WTG Ribs. You remind me to go see the doc for my yearly.

I can say the same about wasabi almonds TC

Good to hear Leslie. No irritation is nice.

Amy you simply amaze me. Good luck with the hm.

My training has been poor with Boston coming up. At this point, I hope I can requal. No matter what I will try to enjoy and not pressure myself to do something dumb. Doubled today with a nice 7.5 at lunch.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I can say the same about wasabi almonds TC

Well, that's the wrong thing for me to find out exists.

Yay, Holly!  You'll find that your time spent on the bike was not wasted.  The running will come back - and probably stronger because of the break from running but continued cross training.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hi everyone.

Great news Ribs! Happy to hear that.

Just 5k easy..was okay but body was tired, hopefully over time I get my lungs back (who took them?)

As to those who were asking if I went to the track for intervals. No still too much snow here so I run them on a flat long stretch that I measure with my car. Then just run them as fast as I can, pacing it as good as I can. No watch since I am just trying to get better and 2 minute rest in between (and I sure need those).

Travelling for a bit so will not be able to post for a month or so regularly but will when I can and of course keep tabs on Boson runners.

Best

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Sayhey! MM#130

Travelling for a bit so will not be able to post for a month or so regularly but will when I can and of course keep tabs on Boson runners.

Best

Tall

Yah, them.......you REALLY wanna keep tabs on the Somerville Runners.  April 19.  Gonna be zoomin'

6th ANNUAL SHAPE UP SOMERVILLE / RECREATION ROAD RACE TO BE HELD APRIL 19 -

Ready, set, go! The City's annual Shape Up Somerville / Somerville Recreation Road Race is set for Sun., Apr. 19, beginning and ending at the Somerville High School Concourse at 81 Highland Ave. -

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

My boss called me today and asked if he should let everybody go home early because it was Good Friday.  I told him that one of the guys already said he had to leave at 3:30 and I said that I would like to leave too because of church.  "Oh," he said, "do you have an early church service?"  I said, "Umm...no...the service doesn't start until 7:00...but I want to get in a run before I go."  He laughed and told me to tell everybody to go home.

Anyway...I just did 8 miles in 1:05:17.  It was cold and windy and it wasn't as easy as it should have been.

The church service was really nice.  Our pastor really put in a lot of work to prepare for this.  I think about 15 people showed up.  I feel so bad for her.  I feel worse for the people who have decided to leave our church, though.

Okay--that's enough out of me--I could go on and on about that.

Oh!  The 10 day forecast for Reno Nevada is calling for a low of 38 and a high of 68 under sunny skies and a West wind of 14 MPH...just in case anybody was wondering.

Okay--I really gotta go--see ya!

Mariposai

I think about 15 people showed up.  I feel so bad for her.  

Where two or more are gathered in my name...

15 is more than two or more. Great celebration for a congregation of 15 who wishes to give up their Friday night to come together to celebrate!

Here is wishing a relaxing and sweet memory building Easter/Passover weekend to all.

The Easy Pacer and I decided to start off our weekend with a chatty and fun 4 easy miles. Every mile with the Easy Pacer is always an adventure.

Off to fine tune our Passover dinner menu.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

H

Best

Tall

Hey, you can join a few of RA runners as team member of  the Rozie Ruiz Fan club relay team in September....

We will help you to catch up with the news here Smile

http://www.rtbrelay.com/

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Where two or more are gathered in my name...

15 is more than two or more. Great celebration for a congregation of 15 who wishes to give up their Friday night to come together to celebrate!

Exactly!! 

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance