Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 3.26.14 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Sorry, but I'm just too freakin'-frackin' busy to be able to take time for a recap this morning.

I got home from last night's meeting at 10:30, but was still up at 4 o'windy this morning. I was out the door at 4:15 for 5.5 relatively easy RW miles in 30F temps with noisy winds coming from the NE. It was very cloudy when I started, and I could almost feel the clouds lowering as I went along, and wondered if I'd have to bend down to stay under them before I got home. Fortunately, no precip, as the near-by nor' easter is likely to miss us this time.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mike--I'm pretty sure that Jay would have named it Crab apple Wednesday if he wasn't so busy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...mornin' guys//...............that's OK jay, we know what we did......

.....and we're sorry.

==============

..but I digress.........

..............30mprnb

DeepEndOnly>>>>>to be abbreviated ''deo''

..........................good running guys.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

I'm still doing nothing until I get all the health issues settled.  But it is Annabelle's 6th birthday today so here she is at a recent father/daughter "date night" at Chick-fil-A

http://i57.tinypic.com/2z4z91t.jpg

TammyinGP

aww cute lil Annabelle! happy birthday to her!

Mike - I liked the photo of you and your granddaughter. She's standing on a box right?

lovely cherry tree photos yesterday also. My cherry trees are starting to shoot out their blossoms also and my blueberries and apple tree are also getting ready to burst. Lettuce and kale is up and I expect my peas will emerge any day now.

got in a 5 mile run yesterday while David was at track. It's spring break week but they held an optional track session for whoever wanted to show up. 5 kids showed up. A couple stayed for an hour and David and his 2 best friends, Mary & Dane, stayed for 2 hrs and did track speed work - 800's, 400's, 300's, 200's, 100's. I lost track of how many they did of each, but it came to 4 miles when all was done.

Tammy

Mike, great picture of you and your "tall" granddaughter.  Dave, Annabelle's looking good celebrating her birthday.  fatozzig, my thoughts are with your friends and their exposure to meningitis.  marj, neat pictures in Boston.

This morning, I felt a little better and did 2 miles on the TM at an 11:00 pace.  After a few hours have passed, I don't think I did any harm.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Annabelle is a cutie!

That Jay - he's so lazy . . . .

I'm envious of people who have room for a veggie garden.  If I had a fence around my front yard, I'd dig it up for garden purposes.  Without a fence, it would be too vulnerable to people and dogs.

Just got done doing a 30 min full body workout in my office using only my body weight.  It's amazing how much harder certain exercises can be using your own body and s-l-o-w-i-n-g them down considerably.  Even sweated a little!  I felt I needed to do something since, once again, I didn't getup this morning.  Did I ever mention I LOVE cutback weeks???

The coworker's brother is doing a lot better and will hopefully be out of the hospital within the next couple of days.  Two days before he went into the hospital, he went to the ER because he was so weak, had such a high fever, and had lost 15 lbs in a week.  They told him he had the flu.  Two days later, oh wait - you have meningitis!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

So The Hub walks into my office right after lunch with a platter full of freaking chocolate chip cookies!  Which I can't eat!!  I snuck a small bite of one, and they're really good.  If he's trying to suck up to my co-workers and bosses, he's doing good job of it.  I predict the platter will be empty by 5:00.  He said he made brownies, too, although he didn't bring any of those.   That's it - I'm looking for some almond flour to make MY OWN cookies.  And I'm going to refuse to share. *hrumph!*

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

...mornin' guys//...............that's OK jay, we know what we did......

.....and we're sorry.

Love that Annabelle!

Leslie - Don't fence your whole front yard, just fence in a small garden plot area with rabbit fence.

No run for me today.  The temp. this morning was in the low teens, and it should be warmer for the rest of the week, so I decided to do weights today instead and hopefully get a warmer run in the morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy 6th birthday to Annabelle!   How long till your next visit, Dave?

No crab apple or cherry trees here...   but it was my choice to live at this elevation.  Here, it's a delightful mix of snow, slush, and mud.  JTWILI.   No run today -just took the dogs for a walk.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

New skirt in town

Yikes!  Meningitis!  My twin sister just got out of the hospital today, where she had been for FIVE days.  Crazy. She had a terrible case of C. diff colitis, and was tremendously sick. She's still pretty ill, barely able to eat, but at least she can keep up with fluids, etc.  I picked her up from the Boston hospital where she had been, and I think she's lost about 10 lb.  Scary.

In better news, I got into the NYC Marathon via the lottery today!  I've entered before, and never gotten in. I just assumed the same would happen this year.  I found out while I was driving my sister home, so good news all around.

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

SteveP

30F sounds like heaven.

Carpe Deo, TW

Annabelle is a doll. What a cutie.

The apple trees still have snow all around them. The lettuce, kale and spinach are still in seeds packs. There are still some sections of road where our snow drifts are higher than the cab of our delivery vehicle. We are getting a spring this year, right?

I'm glad you're feeling better TomS.

Stoopid meningitis. How scary for your co worker's friends and family. Tag and Honey will help dig out a garden for you Leslie.

Yay NYC!!!

So OK, we got these fancy schmancy Smartphones for work. There is a personal assistant called "Siri". I'm testing the parameters with; "Who Let the Dogs Out", "Knock Knock", "I'm naked", "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck...", You know, normal work conversations. After a while, I asked "Siri' if she thought I was crazy. She said, "No Comment". I asked again and she said, "Now, now". Then again and she said, "It's your opinion that counts, Steve".

I didn't just wander out of the woods. That was last night. So I figured out what she was getting at and the conversation deteriorated quickly.  Is there an website for a DIY Smartphone repair?

SteveP

That Siri!  She has you all figured out Steve.

Wow, some awful medical stories going around here....

Yeah for getting into NYC Robin!

I really LOL'd at Mike's picture of his cherry tree yesterday.  Not laughing at you Mike, laughing with you, and laughing is better than crying right?

I ran 3.2 Remi miles.  Which means - lots of stopping and waiting for him to smell the world.  Never really feels like a real workout that way, you know?  But good for recovery/easy miles.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Too funny, Steve!  I am not clever enough to think of things to ask Siri.  All of you fair weather gardeners are making me jealous. It will be a while before we can dig our new garden. Last fall we bought a lot and built a big garage to store the boat and camper. There is enough room there for a garden, so that's the plan. It is closer to our old house, but still only a short five minute drive. Well, anyplace in this town is a short five minute drive.

The wind was just awful today so I went to the Y for weights. Stupid me didn't pack all her workout gear and didn't have a top to wear.  I thought about rummaging around the lost and found table, but ewww.......  When I got home I stayed put and paid bills, rearranged songs on my I-pod and cleaned the kitchen. I needed a rest day, I guess.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Just popping in to say hi, before I drag my butt up to bed.

I did a tempo run, tonight--2 mile warm up in 16:07--8 miles in 54:01 (6:46)--then a 1.8 mile cool down in 14:47.

While I was running head on into a 24 mph wind, I couldn't help think about all of you on the East Coast.  I know I've complained a lot this year about the winter we've been having here, but we've had nothing like what you on East Coast have been getting.  I'm not going to complain any less...but I do feel bad for all of you out there.

Okay--I gotta go to bed.