Masters Running

Will Some Please Start the WED Daily? (Read 39 times)

Slo

No run. Did some strength training.

I fractured a bone in my hand on Saturday...lifting weights probably wasn't a wise decision. I'm kinda paying for right now and I left the bg boy ibuprofin at home. <suckitupbuttercup>

Mike E

MM #5615

Rub some dirt on it, Slo, and get back to work.

VACATION!!!!!! I'm on vacation and don't have to be back at work until July 21. I don't want to hear the word EPIC until then!! LOL - Ya, I'm just a little bit excited!! Friday we head up to Old Orchard Beach with our camper for 10 days!

Today is youngest son's 21st birthday - I just can't even believe my baby is 21!! We are going to have a family celebration dinner and I am looking forward to having all the boys and their girlfriends together!!

Started my day (after smother youngest son with kisses and hugs) with a 25.25 mile bike ride and a 2.5 mile bike -- just realized how cool those numbers are together!!  I know it's crazy but I love this humidy. The air is so heavy it started to sprinkle on and off but then quickly stopped - love it!!!

Slo - speedy recovery!

Erika, Nancy - anyone near fire areas - hope you all stay safe and your air quality improves

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Great Speedster run last night.  Even warm up and cool down were peppy.  We did 800s, and despite what Mr. Yasso says, I have never been able to run them as fast as I should (for a 3:30 marathon, you should run your 800s in 3 minutes and 30 seconds.)  

I just ran a 3:32 marathon and my 6 800s were 3:37 to 3:42, but that's good for me.  I have hardly any fast twitch muscle fibers.  So with the warm up and cool down miles, 9 total last night.  Needless to say, 6 slow ones to start the day this morning.

.....and more fish to fry tonight, with a little luck (old Aruba adage)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Twocat, thanks for the underpass tour of Southport. Welcome back, Hermosaboy! It's always good to hear from Mr. Sunshine, regardless of your mood (you have more reason than most of us to grumble and grouse, but you so rarely do, so let it out when the mood strikes). Otherwise, there appears to have been lots of running and weather yesterday.

Bummer about the hand, Slo. No, lifting weights probably wasn't your best call. Heal fast.

Have an EPIC vacation, Deeze!! I hope you have great weather, blue skies, and lots of good, relaxing times at OOB. Happy Birthday to the young son. Nice ride & run this morning. About the humidity - you are welcome to all of mine!

Sorry I missed you, but you posted while I was writing, Aamos. Great job with the speedsters last night. Enjoy the fish fry!

Speaking of humidity - it was like walking into a wall when I walked out the door this morning. The air was so thick with moisture, you could see it. So I went 4.5 easy RW miles that weren't really all that easy but it looked that way because I struggled just to maintain a lackluster pace. Our company is still here - spending their days at the beach (their 2 kids, ages 7 and 2, had never seen the ocean before, and are having a blast in it). I'm sorry we can't really spend more than the evenings with them, but we are enjoying the time we have together. OK - gotta go; it has been and will continue to be a very busy work day to day.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good running week here – Monday I joined our local club for the weekly Monday run and hung out for a beer afterwards and Tuesday got my 45 minutes in with just one walk break. I ran past 5 kids running through a sprinkler and 1 who was race walking through it – perfect form I might add.

So a Redbones throw down? I am so easily confused. I am worried that a dive in the south might have a leg up on our bar-b-que up here – we don’t even have a patio

TwoCat – love the photo-log of you runs – do you keep track of mileage by the underpasses?

Danish study – I can’t remember all the details, but as a research nurse, we cannot ask the control arm of a study to compromise their health. Meaning that one group cannot be provided substandard car or information to boost the improvement of the intervention arm. As a researcher – we also seem to communicate poorly Wink

Denise - last time we were at DFCI, I think was the last day the Epic mucky-mucks (I mean supporters) were there - they are now boating without a paddle.

Off to Maine – no computer Wink See you next week!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Slo, sorry to hear about your hand.  deez, happy birthday to your son.

Nice long runs for mari and wild.  Good job on the speedwork for Aamos.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was just a light breeze.  I did 5 miles at an 11:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Well good for him Denise!  21 years old. How the time goes. Hope the party is great.

TW, we have a pitcher here in Texas, Colby Lewis, who is the first to have a hip resurfacing and come back to start in major league baseball. Except for two recent outings, he is having an exceptional season and can't get over how good he feels.  Frank Shorter had the same procedure and ran 7 miles last October at a meet, just kept jogging around "to get the miles in" he said. He also said he feels great.  I also have two other runner friends who have had it done who can't get over how great they feel.  There have been many improvements in the technology and I am confident you will benefit from them also.  Best wishes.

Overcast skies this morning, threatening to rain, so naturally the humidity is quite high, but temps were reasonable in the low 80's and there was a pretty good breeze, so I got 8 miles in without too much difficulty.  Spareribs

"...we did about 23 miles and called it good" The understatement of the year, wildchild! But we're getting to expect that of you.

Just a session with the strength-training machines this morning and I can confirm what everyone's been talking about. During the long winter season, with fewer workout options, I was in there 2-3 times a week and noticed definite gains in my otherwise-diminishing strength. Now that I'm outside running and biking all the time, it's more like 2-3 times a month, and it shows. I just hope that I can keep regaining what I lose each summer (or at least come close).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Five miles with the Y girls this morning in IRC. Today was garbage pickup on part of the route we run. Good stuff in the trash! I picked up a bird feeder mounted on a 6 foot post (needs a little TLC) and an old 9 panel wooden glass door. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but the price was right.

Have a great vacation Deez. And Slo? I really am sorry to hear about your hand.

Aamos - I can only dream about running that fast. You make us old chicks look good!

I agree on the summer weight training conflicts. With the weather so nice, you hate to spend time in the gym. But I'm making a conscious effort to get in there at least 2 times a week.  Got that Tough Mudder coming up in September. That, my friends, is big motivation!

Have a great day everyone.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Five miles with the Y girls this morning in IRC. Today was garbage pickup on part of the route we run. Good stuff in the trash! I picked up a bird feeder mounted on a 6 foot post (needs a little TLC) and an old 9 panel wooden glass door. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but the price was right.

I'm curious how either of those got carried home.   Not exactly something you can stick in your pocket.

I bow to the folks that flourish in the 3 H's.  I wussed out when the forecast showed that it was going to be 75° at 6am (and 100% humidity to go along).  tonight is supposed to be cooler, so I hope to get out tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

No humidity problems for me this morning.  Then again I spent an hour on the elliptical in the AC.    Maybe not really a happy face hour.  But, it seems to keep my hamstrings from repeating their we will not work properly performance from a few years back.

The Rosie Ruiz Relay Team is still looking for members for this September's Reach the Beach Relay in New Hampshire.  If you are at all interested in joining us please let me know.  We have several RA Masters already signed up!  Come hang out with us for 30 hours, mostly of which is just an excuse to have a rolling party!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

HermosaBoy

I am with you Stumpy -- the 3H's are to be avoided at all costs!  I wilt like a corsage the day after prom when it is humid...

Did some multi tasking today.  Had to take the wife's car in to figure out an oil leak.  So, I ran home and got in 6 miles.  Ran back when the car was ready (a shorter route) and got in an additional 4.

I am going to say that is enough.

Also, had a job interview and set-up another for Friday.  Busy, busy, busy...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

,,,I  WAS gonna say how much I appreciated everyone being so nice, and then I saw THIS......

I love it.

============

......30-min poolrun,no belt, a wee bit of running in the shallow end

............good running guys......

................also, thanks Ribbs, I was always a fan of Frank Shorter, and that's VERY encouraging

(also

I wonder if he still drinks Flat Beer to replenish his electroyites Smile

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

DW and I have a practice where we squeeze each others hand at the end of the Our Father during Mass. That was one of the highest pitched Amen's I've ever uttered.