Masters Running

Sunday Runs, Races...and Sermons. 10-12-14 (Read 46 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning, everybody!

Happy Birthday, Erika!

Well, I have no runs or races, but I do have a sermon to give.  I have to admit...I am really nervous.  I am talking about false idols and all the things we place ahead of God and keeping us from doing the work of God.  I am admitting to many of my own.  That might be a reason for the mood I've been in.  It's not easy for me to look at myself and admit to my shortcomings and faults...I haven't liked what I've seen.  BUT--I know that God loves me and everybody else...no matter what our faults happen to be.  We are all so lucky to have such a merciful God.  It's my closing statements, though, about how our church has treated our new pastor since she arrived a little over a year ago, that has me nervous.  It has been very disappointing to me to watch and to hear about the way a group of people--who claim to have the love of God in their hearts--treat another person, not to mention a person who was sent to try to help lead us in our walk with God.  After going on a bit of a rant about how we should be treating each other, my last statement is: "Name your idols--then stomp the living hell out of 'em!"

Okay--sorry--I'll save the sermon for the 10:30 service.

BlazinCajun

Good morning Mike. Sitting here on the sofa with the legs propped up waiting in anticipation. 12 miles this morning done and now sipping a cup off coffee

Andrew
      ------------------
      God, my Lord, is my strength;
      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
      and enables me to go upon the heights.
      Hb 3:19

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

..hiya pro/////

......mikeE//....the sermon could be worse,,,we have four KoreanStudents who had to do SOUTHERN GOSPEL on their first ChoirDebut

check out

the ''Never Failed Me Yet'' Sept 14th-

http://www.firstprescookeville.org/Audio_files/Music/Fall%202014/Fall14Music.html

it was hilarious>>>>>AND we got a Standing Ovation.......

===========

.but I digress.......

....60-min bike ride 7-up and 7-down

no dogs, no fighting women, no meteor showers...........I miss the Drama

...........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - that sounds like an awesome sermon!  I wish I could see you deliver it.

7.4 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 41 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Thanks for that link Pro.  I have two friends running Chicago today and signed up for text updates.  Very excited for them.

It's what my brother in law used to call "a 200 dollar day" here in N. TX, meaning it's spectacular.  Cool temps, no wind and not a cloud in the sky.  Our goal was 14 miles after yesterday's 6 and we did it easily, so I am quite pleased for the Saint's progress.  Goal race is the Dallas Running Club Half November 2, just after we get back from Mexico and I think she's going to be in top shape, with lots of good long runs and weekly speed sessions.

We're headed off to a volunteer appreciation lunch in Dallas for the people who have volunteered at packet pickup for the Dallas Marathon for many years.  Beer and Mexican food I think, and I don't know what could be better after a long run like we did.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Happy birthday Erika. Love you tons my sweet  friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday Equinox Erika with the frosted eyelashes.

Maybe mike better go on a long run right afterwards
                  and invite your pastor along too.
                  It takes a lot of guts
                  to do the right thing.
                  good luck.

Good morning Mike. Sitting here on the sofa with the legs propped up waiting in anticipation. 12 miles this morning done and now sipping a cup off coffee

most everyone else in America - Sitting here on the sofa with the legs propped up sipping a cup of coffee  waiting in anticipation. 12 hours of football television.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

SteveP

mrrun

Happy Birthday Erika - hope the weather gives you a wonderful run!

13.1 done with DD and DIL around the Emerald Necklace.  Saw them and Deez on some of the out and backs.  beautiful day and beautiful course.  DS took pic with GD2 which hopefully I'll get at some time.

hope everyone's run was as much fun,

marj

Happy Birthday Erika!!

Awesome day in Boston today!!  Ran the BAA 1/2 with most of the miles at marathon pace - ran 2 easy before and 5 easy after to get 20.3 total in for the day!!  Great event and course - love getting the big medal for completing the medley too, but the highlight was getting to see Marj out there kicking butt on the course!!  Yes, there is a pic but it's on FB for those of you who know how to pull pics over to here!! 

Lots of great racing out there this weekend -- I knew 2 people doing Kona Ironman yesterday, friends at Hartford1/2 and full yesterday, and a few doing Chicago today!!  Tomorrow I know there will be lots doing Tufts 10k, but honestly I am looking forward to a full day at home!!

Cherish the gift my friends!!

denise

>>Happy B'Day Erika//..and Good Running to Ya........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmRdE3WBgE&list=RDdJmRdE3WBg

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Well, the Carson McCullers (Key West) room did not disappoint; Simon even had a little veranda so he spent the night outside, in his travel cage.

Rest of the good news: DH completed his first half marathon totally race-walking and did so in under 3 hours.  I ran the full in 3:45, a 23 minute improvement over last year, so I stared down that challenge. I figure it means I've learned something about hot weather running over the year.  DH drove the entire overseas highway, Key Largo to Key West and then back again the next day, sort of bucket list item for him.  (He even got us home in time so I could participate in the local Cops & Joggers 5K that benefits families of fallen cops.  My running club is a big sponsor.)

Bad news: DH really enjoyed the trip and wants to go again next year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. E!   From the bottom of my heart, hoping you love your day and the year to follow from today.  Don't fall into a funk; go see Les Miz and maybe let's plan a race with Holly next year for her 50th? Please??

Enjoying your pre-mexico prep Holly.  Take care of that knee.

Be careful out there tw--we've had a rash of bike/car accidents.  The snowbirds are back and it's getting dangerous.

Yes, thanks, pro--checking out several friends in Chicago, including my (ped. oncol) nurse running chum and her daughter.

Love how everyone here is busy doing all sorts of fascinating things.  AND getting good doc reports, yay Ribs!

Waiting to get report on how the sermon went over and what the pastor said to you about it, Mike.   And for true--sign up for some races.  Think of how nice a trip to a warm climate might feel  this winter......even this fall, right Dave??

What Carolyn said about the AG for SG, Karin. Hope she stays feisty.   Speaking of, isn't it time to expand AGs?  I know a 70+ runner here who is  good--runs a sub 24 5K--but there's no award beyond Senior grandmaster (60-69).    Maybe Imperial Grandmaster?

Oh twocat--I threw out those veggies as you were asking for suggestions for exciting sides for your dinner party and I couldn't resist, heh heh.  Thanks; I always love and eat up your recipes (and there isn't a veggie I don't eat!)

Love your photos, Carolyn and even more, accounts of your meet-ups.  Looking forward to the Seattle one.  Give tet a big hug for me?

I didn't run today and it wasn't a travel day.  Feeling most odd about that.  Not like food poisoning odd or anything, but out of sync.

Woke before 5 am but went back to sleep and missed the sunrise.  Still missing it!  Hope to have something to report tomorrow!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yeah, thanks for that link to the Chicago Marathon, Pro.  That was fun to watch...plus it took my mind off the sermon...which went, surprisingly well.  I even got a round of applause afterward.  The pastor was very much appreciative of what I said, as well...so, it was all good.

Okay--I gotta get back to my chores...I just had to come in for a bit to watch the end of the Vikings game...another loss...anybody have an extra offensive line they want to give us?

evanflein

Thanks, everyone! Nothing but blueberry pancakes and a pot of coffee so far... oh, and laundry and dishes. Yes, I do know how to have a good time!

Glad the sermon went well, Mike. And yes, sometimes people need to be told pretty pointedly to knock it off.

Thanks for the birthday greeting from Taggie! Love how he knows "GO!"

I was wondering what Ribs was training the Saint for. Almost sounds like marathon prep, she's running so well!

Love the super Granny picture on FB! She truly is an amazing person, and has a pretty cool granddaughter, too!

Not sure what I'll do today, but I do have a lot of work to do on our apartment downstairs. We have tenants moving in tomorrow! That might trump a run, but it's a really nice day for one. I don't think Les Miz is in the cards, just not enough time in the day (and add a late start and... oh well).