Masters Running

Friday, May 16th ...........Daily running thread (Read 491 times)

Good morning! One thing is for sure, if you want people to open a thread, simply put the words....DO NOT OPEN as part of the title. Yesterday those were the words I put on my closed thread that happened when WRFB and I both started a daily. So far it has been opened over 975 times. I warned people not to open, but oh well, those who did paid dearly. A rainy morning in Virginia but the weather should break in time for me to get in a good run this afternoon. I am very happy with my running right now because my mileage continues to nicely climb as I had hoped to be able to do. Attack the day! This is Friday and once completed you will hopefully have a nice weekend to enjoy. It looks like we have some racers this weekend and good luck to YOU! A successful and happy runner is found somewhere between "too many" and "not enough" miles. Have a good day
    Vista

Me

Good morning, I can't believe I'm the 2nd poster. 3 slow and easy miles for me this morning. Cheers Mike
        Came in to work super early to hopefully leave early...will run when I get home in the early afternoon. Taper madness is setting in. (Tall the worry wart). Off to L's sister's place for dinner tonight and the weekend is crammed with other dinner's with friends. My run today is planned as 20minutes ez, 20MP and 20 ez...hope I feel great Next few days will decide my planned MP and strategy for the Ottawa marathon. Weather so far looks great. Have a great long weekend everyone. Enjoy Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Good Friday morning, all! Vista - good to see you at the top of the list again! Perch - whew - glad nothing happened to Tory! Tall - hope the weather holds for your marathon - enjoy the taper in spite of the madness! Mike - good job in the #2 position this morning. Skipped my usual morning run in lieu of an hour of weights - core and upper body weights. I have a 7.4 mile trail race this evening, and it's supposed to be raining buckets. Guess that's better than 80+ degrees with high humidity. Good runs and good luck to our weekend racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning everyone! Scheduled rest day but I was awake at 4 a.m. Sad Fell back asleep and the next thing I know I've overslept!! Scrambling around trying to get ready, take care of momma dog and pups, get gas, etc. Made it in at 7:58. Somehow I feel that I still had a workout this morning. I just love this photo: Ribs is picking up his new puppy today! I still can't believe it . . . . . Cheers and Happy Friday!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

spacityrunner

That picture is so cute!!! Thanks

Trails Rock!

Thanks for starting us off, Vista! After reading your "total miles" posts, I went back to my old running logs and entered all of my logged mileage into RA from when I started in 1999 up to the present (not every run, but one really long entry per year). I was surprised to see that I've run 7100 miles since then, but it will be a while before I hit the next milestone. By the way, someone a few days ago was asking about the various types of runs available in the log ("Easy", "Tempo", etc.). Did you know that you can add your own custom types? Just click on Options at the upper right, then on Log Preferences and then select Running. That lets you add workout types and also choose the colors for the bar graphs. I lay awake in bed for a while trying to decide if I should run or not, but when I heard the current temperature reading decided to take an extra couple of days off and maybe try a longer run with the club on Sunday. I hope the rest of you have better weather today (and a better attitude).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Home again, home again jiggity jig.... Three mile walk for me at 7:20 AM with Mr. CNYrunner after the kiddo headed off to school on the bus. We walked a loop that he traverses 5 days a week. He's not a runner, but tries to stay active and walks 15-18 miles a week in addition to hiking, canoeing and the occasional beer league ice hockey game. It was a nice way to catch up with each other, get some exercise and see the neighbors. It's a gray day here, but no rain yet and temps in the low 50s. All good. Sorry about the no mojo feeling Rochrunner. Up and at 'em! Carpe Diem and all that. I love the puppies picture Mary! How sweet. I can't wait to hear how the new puppy day works out at Chez Spareribs. I bet there will be grins and tears all around. TGIF CNYrunner

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Oh Mary! They are just too adorable! Roch – thanks for the tip. I’ll try that. CNY - nice to see you back at home again. I hung the beautiful suncatcher in my kitchen window this morning - it's lovely - thank you again. Now stop bringing me gifts when you come to visit. Your delightful company is more than enough. Smile Smile I just wish you lived closer. No run for me today, but it’s time to get back into my weight routine at home. Today was push-ups, bent rows, dumbbell curls, weighted squats, lunges, superman lifts, lateral raises, and various crunches. A little too much, perhaps, with the lunges and the weighted squats, and tomorrow I will probably feel it on the back of my legs. Oh well, that’s to be expected with so much time off. No pain, no gain... Smile Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

By all means you should label these runs. I have about ten in there: race, hills, tempo, wave, slow, recovery, slow/recovery (for interval workouts), easy, long etc. It's a great feature. Got home late last night, dopey American Airlines and their horrible EWR-DFW leg, everything delayed and slow. But did get to see Prime Rib, who is home from school for the summer, and today of course is Dog Day Afternoon. Great photo Mary. Conference call with a client soon, then will go out and run a few. Spareribs

The Jogger

Sue, good luck in your race tonight, Doug, I so know that feeling, Mary, cracker pic, CNY, your hubby does a lot, Ribs, yoooo, the dog today yeeeessss Anyway: 10m 01:55:52 @ 11:35 pace AHR 146 67% While out on the run I lost the dog lead/leash fell out of my running belt on the trail, so carefully got Woody home and went out on the bike to find it. I did 31/2 miles from home so when I got back into the village, I added another 3m on my old steel framed mountain bike, I think I need a knew bike. So: 10m (biking) AHR 139 pace 05:43 / 10.5 mph Good Runs All Roy
                          5 easy miles with T,supposed to get into the 80s here today...don't be jealous though...this is our one day of spring before the rain starts again...I'm sure May-Now that's a great pic!!!
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            Good morning Boomers. No running today or tomorrow preparing for the half on Sunday. I could get used to this taper routine! Big grin I'm running with two sisters, a niece and a good friend. I'm looking forward to the friendship and chatter the race will bring - finishing with a decent time will be frosting on the cake. Tonight we pick up our goodie bags and hit the expo, then we'll find somewhere to eat pasta. The CellCom has grown into a good-sized race - 8,000 runners predicted for the full, half and 5K. I think the draw is starting and ending at Lambeau Field (and actually getting to run through it right before the finish line). Rain and 40F is in the forecast but hopefully it will push through before the 7:00 AM start on Sunday. Mary - the picture is adorable! It looks like they measured their tiles on the floor so they'd be equal distance apart. You can see how they've changed since you started posting pictures. I hope you keep doing that so we can watch them "grow up." Sounds like lots of nice, easy runs today and a lot of weights and ab work. My job today is to clean out garden beds and plant some flowers. Good Friday runs to everyone. Jeanne
                            Mariposai

I am resting today. Relay for life is in town so I will go to the event tonight with my friend Mary, who is a survivor of cancer to walk with her for one hour in the track. I am planning to get up early tomorrow morning to go for a semilong run, maybe 13 miles or more. I love those 13 to 16 miles...anything more than that is mind over matter for me. Have a great weekend you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning Everyone. 6 miles easy for me today. The weather here in SOCAL has gotten really hot. When I went out this morning at 5:30 am, it was already 65F. Tomorrow is the PV marathon, it should be in the 80's for most when they finish. This is my local HM and Marathon, I hope to be able to do the HM next year and maybe the Marathon the year after. It would be fun to be able to run this local race again after many years. I think 1984 was the last time I ran the PV marathon. Vista:I too like Rochrunnerwent back over my old logs and entered a yearly total from 2004-07. My total is now 5443.5. I was really surprised to see that I logged over 1200 miles each year (2006 was only 983.73). I guess I did not pay much attention to total miles until I started using CR and now RA. Have a great day everyone and good luck to all those racing this weekend! Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano