Masters Running

Saturday, 9.12.15 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good luck today, WC!!

Great job on the prediction run, Roch, and nice winnings for your effort!

Nice sandwich, Henrun!.

Nice 'zone-in' on the McKay, Leslie. 6 ladies getting together for the weekend? Always dangerous... 

Yesterday morning, I got up and got dressed to head out for a workout, but it started raining as hard as the dickens (which is pretty hard) about 3 minutes before I headed out the door. I could tell it was also pretty windy, so I opted to stay inside instead and just did some good stretching. It was much nicer out this morning, but I have a race later this afternoon, so I only went for a 2.5 mi 'stay loose' workout. When DW wakes up (soon, I hope!), we'll go to the dive for breakfast, then to the farmer's market and TJs, with a stop at the local running store to pick up some supplies.

If anyone's interested in a trek to Portsmouth (NH), the Seacoast Half (Nov. 8) is not sold out yet: http://seacoasthalfmarathon.com/

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

deez, sorry to hear about your father in law.  My thoughts are with the family.  CNY, happy birthday.  roch, nice prediction race.

This morning, it was in the high 40s and there was a light wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:09 pace.

We're about to take off for East Lansing.  Our son and his wife have tickets for the Michigan State/Oregon game.  We've got baby sitting duty during the game.  We may join them for a bit at their tail gate site.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Beautiful fall-like morning here with tempin the mid 60's. Marj and I headed out for Cambridge and the no registration, no fee, no awards 2.5 mile run. A large crowd was out ( there's also a 5 mile run). We both did well and Marj ran me in. A good warmup for next Saturday's 5K in Chicago.

Back to Cambridge this afternoon for a play.

New skirt in town

18.1 lovely, foggy somewhat cool (if humid) miles this morning.  When I had my GI illness 3 weeks ago, I switched around my training plan so that I could take my planned long run the following weekend.  That has worked well, but 3 hard weeks in a row has me tuckered, and I'm looking forward to a cutback week next week.  That is, after my 10-miler tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about NYC Marathon in 7 weeks. I know, I know, I just jinxed myself.

Deez, sorry to hear about your FIL.  I'll be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Take care of yourself.

Henry, what are you seeing? Waitress at the A.R.T? I've heard terrific things about the show, and I'm jealous!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Boy is the daily thin today!

deez4boyz you know the whole team is pulling for you.  Our very best as you go through this with your family.

coastwalker you can race and whatnot between now and next Sunday but you CANNOT get HURT!  Got it! 

tselbs sorry I have to cheer for Oregon State.  Pac 12 loyalty and all that.

Couch potato day 5.  I am starting to see things.  I am not sure I can make a full week!  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not much to add, so guess it will still be thin when I leave.

5.1 miles this morining in lovely weather.Cool and dry makes for a pleasnat run.  9:12 pace that felt like I was sort of plodding.  I'll take it.

Still considering it, Jay.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I don't think it's ever happened before but does it count making the daily less thin if nobody understand what you post?  Konshuumatsu, raishuu no kaigi no junbi nado no tame ni, shigoto bakari desu ga raishuu no maishuu suiyoubi Hiratsuka marason to doyoubi no Toukyou ni aru Takebashi Koukyo Marason wo ryouhou suru kibou ga arimasu.  Toku ni, raigetsu no Portland Marathon to issho ni hashireru Nihon 100-marason rakusoukai no menba- mo Hiratsuka to Takebashi wo harshiru yotei ga arimasu.. MikeMp mo Takebashi wo hashiru ka mo shirimasen.

ps amy - at least take 'em off at the end off for photo op with your friends we can see

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Robin - already saw waitress which is excellent.  Saw ghost quartet - very weird in a good way

marj