Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E DEC 28TH (Read 352 times)

Hopefully the tallies will be done soon...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:27 Tue-Off Wed-3@8:49 Thur-Off Fri-6@8:47 Sat-3.25@9:36 Sun-8@8:05 Total=25.25 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest............... Tues...6miles..............6miles Wed...6miles.............3miles Thurs..rest...............rest Frid....6miles.............rest Sat....rest.............rest Sun...6miles...........rest Total....9miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! This is supposed to be the first week of taper, but I see I only have to do 75 miles in the next 10 days to make 2,000 for the year. Oy. To be soooo close... It's tempting, we'll see what happens. Monday: 40 minutes pool running Tuesday: 5.2 miles EZ Pace, .5 mile walk Wednesday: 10 miles (2 EZ, 6 Tempo @8 m/m, 2 EZ); .66 mile walk Thursday: 5.1 miles EZ pace, .25 mile walk c/d Friday: 10.8 miles, .5 mile walk c/d Saturday: 9.3 miles, temps from -5 to -27F Sunday: 15 miles (4.2 outside on hills, 10.8 on the TM); .5 mile walk c/d Totals: 55.4 miles running, 40 minutes pool running, 2.4 miles walking
            Monday - two good runs in a row over the weekend, so resting today to finalize Christmas Eve & Day logistics Tuesday - marathon eating at school, countless trips up and down the stairs, a little stretch and quad strength in the evening Wednesday - 3 mind-and sinus-clearing miles; cloudy & temps in high 40s - balmy compared to Monday and Tuesday; and the usual 0.6 walking; ready for tonight's work now (singing in church, best work I've ever done!) Smile Thursday - 5 miles of speedwork on the boardwalk on a day so beautiful it nearly made me weep; coulda done without the wind, but still . . . . . ; walked 0.8 as well Friday - rested, puttered, enjoyed quiet time at home Saturday - ran 7(!) and walked 0.8 Smile Sunday - fog, wind, a round-trip drive to the shore, and slightly sore legs added up to a rest day from running Totals: 15 miles running; 2.2 walking, including first-ever Christmas Day run on my beloved boardwalk - amazing what I can accomplish when that pesky job doesn't interfere with my running schedule Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

Gordon... it's not like we're keeping track.... Evil grin Dutchie... how's your foot? I read that article. interesting about the thoracic outlet link! Erika..
              It's tempting
              why???? (ok. I understand why) DH, I'm very glad to hear about Dark Colt, & that Bucking Bronco is doing well too. good luck to you. Mon:... 30 minutes prehab Tues:... 5 miles, 9:57 pace, 4 /400 meter intervals, 2 sets on the weight machines, stab. ball russian twists 2 sets, stretched. Wed:... 4.36 miles, 9:51 pace. 25 min. on the elliptical. 2 sets rows & deadlifts. stretches Thurs:... 1 hr. prehab & injured runner dvd. I think it's pretty good! (new for me). then later did the stretches from the same dvd. Fri:... 4:54 mile run, 9:40 pace. 5 unclocked striders, wasn't pushing because I'm still not back to normal. (go ahead) & had a hard time this morning. fastest was 7:29. 27 min. on the bike, 50 min. for 2 sets on the weight machines & stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. .95 mile walk w/u, c/d. steam room. whirlpool. i'm melting. Sat.... 1 hr. ice removal. Sun.:.... .7 walk? 10.31 mile run, 9:48 pace. 2 or 3 striders, 6.02 max pace. that was all. well, stretched. totals: 3 miles walking, 24.2 miles running, 27 min. on the bike, 25 min. ellipticalling, 2hr. 25min. strength training.
                Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: 100 pushups, 100 situps Tuesday: --- Wednesday: --- Thursday: --- Friday: --- Saturday: 5 miles on the treadmill Sunday: --- Totals: 5 miles running, 100 pushups, 100 situps Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                Dutchie42

No need for tallies Gordon, I know I've been slacking, a lot. Mon...strength training chest/back and abs Tue....7K TM run (1K@9.0K - 1K@9.5K - 3K@10.0K - 1K@9.5K - 1K@9.0K). Guess that makes it a tempo run. Wed...unplanned rest day (was supposed to do Bis and Tris) Thu...first did the strength training I was supposed to do yesterday: triceps&biceps plus abs. Then 9.27K on the TM: 30 min@9.0K - 30min@9.5K Fri....unplanned restday (was supposed to do shoulders and a lower body w/o) Sat...4.5K doggie fun run. Took us 33:33minutes. Spike was in total sniff&dig mode. First run outside. R-foot feels fine. Dare I go do a 10K outdoors tomorrow? Sun..except for a sore throat, coughing spells, and general malaise, nothing going on here Evanflein: ONLY 75miles??? dg.: so far the foot seems OK, but I haven't been getting in a lot of mileage. And the bit I have been running was all on the TM. Maybe that's a good thing? I have my first "race" of the new year on the 4th, so I need to do a bit more now, meaning more than two runs a week! And upping the mileage. DH: maybe a nerve gets pinched when you do the pushups? Merry Xmas everyone!! Total mileage: 20.77kms, at least that's one run more than last week and I've upped the mileage!

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

DayPlanActualComment
                    Mondayrest dayrest day - done
                    Tuesday8 miles running7.75 miles running - done8:56/mile avg pace
                    Wednesday8 miles running7.7 miles running - done8:54/mile avg pace
                    Thursday5 miles running 35 miles bicycling 33.2 miles bicycling - done
                    Friday5 miles running20.3 miles running - done10:15/mile avg pace
                    Saturday20 miles running7.7 miles running - done10:00/mile avg pace
                    Sundayrest day32.6 miles bicycling - done
                    Totals45 miles running 35 miles bicycling43.4 miles running - Done 65.8 miles bicycling - Done
                    Paul
                      Howdy, Gang - Mon - Lazy Tues - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats, 10:20 av pace (I think I may have found my mojo again - we'll see . . . ) Wed - 1 hr core/strength Thurs - Lazy Fri - 3 miles, 9:20 ap (passed 1,000 miles!!), 1 hr core/strength Sat - 7.5 tuff trail miles Sun - Rest Running - 15.5 miles Core/Strength - 2 hrs

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

nowor

Happy New Year Gordon and all the xtrainees. Mon-4.5 slippy slidy Tues-tree decorating W-6 mi Th-present unwrapping Fri-4.5 mi Su-yoga Summary: 15 mi + yoga + once-a-year-celebrating