Masters Running

Relay Running Friday (Read 34 times)

I am up in Lincoln New Hampshire with the Rosie Ruiz Ruiz Fan Club Reach the Beach Relay team! Yea! So far so good. A few late risers, although not Jay who was ready to go when I showed up in the condo's living room. Dinner last night with the team was great. Jay, Kevin, Nancy, Robin, Denise, Andrew, a few non-RA friends and I are having a great time so far.  Well at least I am! I guess I should not speak for the internal feelings of others. But they are laughing and smiling. Not this morning when I woke some of them up, but otherwise. Wink

You can follow us along today on the team blog at rosieruizfanclub.blogspot.com. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Glad you are all off to a festive start twocat. Best of luck to all of you, lots of fun and no injuries.  Also hope the weather is fair.

5.5 miles for the Saint and me on a cool (72) day, although quite humid, light drizzle toward the end.  I think I may race a fiveK tomorrow as it is close to home and a lot of fun. Won my AG there last year, but I'm not in that kind of shape this year. Should be fun though.

Playing bridge this afternoon. Spareribs

Dave59

Good luck to the RRRFCRBR team.

I spent 3+ hours ripping up a concrete floor last night.  Now all that's left is get the city to drop off a dumpster for me and I can spend the day carrying it all out to the street.

I did run an easy 3 miles this morning and it went surprisingly well considering I was sore from last night's hard labor.

TammyinGP

I'm excited for all the relayers!! What a fun time will be had!

Hot afternoon yesterday - upper 90's. So I only ran a couple miles at the track as the XC team was finishing up practice. Yesterday's workout for the team was 3x1 mile repeats. Coach gave David a goal pace of 6:05's. In the hot temps, he pretty much nailed it: 6:05, 6:04 and 6:06.  He said his last mile was tough, very tough, but he said to himself that he wasn't going to let the weather defeat him.  He has a meet tomorrow morning. on a flat and fast course. If he runs his 5K in sub 19, he'll move up to varsity.  I'm nervous for him and anxious to see him run!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Good luck to the RRRFCRBR team.

+1

Not much time to post today, in spite of working from home, but I am a little behind on what I wanted to get done with the day.  DD forgot her tennis uniform and I ran it up to the school.  She has a home match after school today, but we will only be able to watch 30-40 minutes of it before heading to our golf league.

DS has developed a new hobby, collecting vinyl records for the turntable and stereo he just purchased.  He will be home from school in a few minutes and I am running him over to a large garage sale I saw advertised that apparently has a record collection for sale.  Then to the library and home to change for tennis match and golf.

11 miles for me this morning.  The weather was lovely, but my legs were still tired from Sunday's marathon.  How does Mike do it, with these back-to-back days of super-high mileage?

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

DS has developed a new hobby, collecting vinyl records for the turntable and stereo he just purchased. 

Advancing the theory that when things get so old they become cool again.  Does it have an 8-track player as well?  Ka-chung.

Good luck RTBers.  Some day...  And good luck to Tammy's kid - varsity will be his.

4 different parts of my body are sore right now.  And all of them are on my right side.  Wait a minute, I remember visiting my grandfather when I was a kid, and he would sit around and complain about his aches and pains.  Not so cool.  Well I guess that kills my theory in line 1.

Today - spin and lift.  The spin instructor was teaching her first class.  Rookies...

This weekend - the schedule calls for a 22 miler.  We'll see...

BTY

Have fun all you relayers.

5.5 miles for me today.  Loving the weather - probably 60 and sunny with lots of shade from the buildings downtown on my return.  It was actually....kind of...cool.  Not just not hot, if you know what I mean.  Superb running conditions.

0.6 mile warm up and a natural just let it happen progression over the next 4.75 miles - Started at 8:52 and quickly dropped into the 8:30's, then ran 8:25'ish back to the building in said shade.  Aahhhh (not aaaaaaaaahh!)   Hm, Tomwhite, how does one differentiate Ahh from Aah?  Should there be a g or would that be too piratey?  No r's for sure...

May actually go long this weekend - about 8 is my next rung on the ladder.

BTY.

Thanks everyone!!  We are having a great time!!  Matt has been an amazing captain especially dealing with a bunch of late changes the last week!!  It is so fun spending real time with our "virtual" friends and having one of my boys with us is an added bonus for me!! 

denise

mrrun

non-running aside - archeology you tube.

raiders of the lost parking lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8linDWnHho&feature=youtu.be&list=UUjHz5SVHeMT0AViCYZvsGDA

I'm excited for all the relayers!! What a fun time will be had!

Hot afternoon yesterday - upper 90's. So I only ran a couple miles at the track as the XC team was finishing up practice. Yesterday's workout for the team was 3x1 mile repeats. Coach gave David a goal pace of 6:05's. In the hot temps, he pretty much nailed it: 6:05, 6:04 and 6:06.  He said his last mile was tough, very tough, but he said to himself that he wasn't going to let the weather defeat him.  He has a meet tomorrow morning. on a flat and fast course. If he runs his 5K in sub 19, he'll move up to varsity.  I'm nervous for him and anxious to see him run!

Tammy, That is some hot weather to run in. David will do great in the morning I am sure he has a sub 19 in him.

I need to check in on the status of the relay. I saw that Robin finished strong.  My 40th class reunion is tomorrow night and the pre-reunion was tonight to meet for drinks. Lots of people there said I looked great, but that could be just a line.  I just got home and we still need to have supper. Those 3 hours flew by and I stood on my feet way too long. Picked up my chip for the race tomorrow so I am all set for the 10k. I am glad that we have a 10:30 start so that it will be up to 50 by then.  Gotta go, supper is ready.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I need to check in on the status of the relay. I saw that Robin finished strong.

Thanks Starr.  maybe see how many of your classmates dare to get in a picture

with you that you are going to post on your social media site.

I checked  twocat’s www.rosieruizfanclub.blogspot.com
                        but couldn’t find any update or photos
                        of Robin’s or others' legs.

Something about twocat sandbagging or something though.
                        Is there a link to the times and lengths of each members' legs?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

an amazing likeness

Thanks everyone!!  We are having a great time!!  Matt has been an amazing captain especially dealing with a bunch of late changes the last week!!  It is so fun spending real time with our "virtual" friends and having one of my boys with us is an added bonus for me!! 

Just before midnight Deez set out on her second leg, starting with a 2.2 mi climb!  She rocked it! 7 more in this leg

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Marathon Maniac #957

non-running aside - archeology you tube.

raiders of the lost parking lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8linDWnHho&feature=youtu.be&list=UUjHz5SVHeMT0AViCYZvsGDA

Marj - this is very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."