Masters Running

Last Day in November Daily; 11.30.14 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' Everyone!

Great photos of friends and family yesterday, Mariposai & Mike.

There were also some terrific runs, romps and Sole Sister escapades yesterday. Take care of that foot, Stumpy. And Mike, leave the dogs alone!

I got up at the usual time today because DW's yogurt was ready to come out of the yogurt maker then. As long as I was up, it made perfect sense to go out for a workout, so I did. I went 8.4 easy RW miles in 35F temps, and under cloud-laden and spritzing skies. Remnant snow was falling off some of the trees, but I was lucky that it hit pavement instead of heads (meaning mine).

DW and I are going out to our favorite dive for breakfast this morning. I may go for a veggie omlette with a grilled GFEM (gluten-free english muffin), and some of Gary's delicious homefries. Mmmm....

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

..mornin' jay//...........I only get up for Coffee, must be some GREAT yogurt....

===========

40's and windy

60-min bike ride 7-up and 7-down on hill repeats

did something wrong, since my leg is killing me at the moment,

I'll reflect upon it later.........but the work-out counts double

..................good running guys......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Morning all...I ran 10.1 miles predawn this morning thru neighborhood.  Basically make up run for skipping yesterday.

Enjoy the day folks.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Tramps

Somehow I managed to miss the fact that it was the end of November already. 

Mike--glad you're okay; mean dogs are a pain.

Nice holiday family pics yesterday.

Warmer today for a 13-miler.  Worked up a sweat.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

We ran in 50 degree weather along a bike trail. 5.5 for me and 7.5 for Marj. Many runners were in shorts but not us.

After lunch we're heading up to an afternoon of traditional jazz- their monthly concert- then home to watch the Pats and the Packers ( and finish the Sunday papers).

King of PhotoShop

Nice picture Mike.

Jay, you walk faster than my easy jogging pace.  Great race.  Didn't know you were gluten free, like my son SpareTire.  The hit for him this TG was the gluten free cornbread I made for him using Pamela's gluten free pancake and baking mix. At $18 for a 4 lb. bag, it had better be good!

6 today at the lake with the Saint and still dead-legged and tired.  I'm beginning to admit to myself that there may be something wrong. I couldn't even hold 9 minute miles at the 8-mile Turkey Trot and ran an awful half marathon just 3 weeks ago.  I'm getting slower, and quickly! I kept thinking maybe it's the fatigue from the prostate cancer surgery in late April-early May, but that's way too long a period for it to continue to affect me.  Next week I have another stress echo to check out my heart and artificial valve. I sure hope that's not it.  I'll get to the bottom of it soon I'm sure.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm getting slower, and quickly! I kept thinking maybe it's the fatigue from the prostate cancer surgery in late April-early May, but that's way too long a period for it to continue to affect me.  Next week I have another stress echo to check out my heart and artificial valve. I sure hope that's not it.  I'll get to the bottom of it soon I'm sure.  Spareribs

While ribs and others rely on immediate daily runs for their post-race recoveries, I’m still so tired and sore from keeping up to Mega-Larry and his accompanying 400-marathon goddesses for seven hours in the Thursday Wattle-Waddle Marathon, that I just walked down the street this morning under blue skies and chilly temps (24 degrees) to cheer their early miles in the finale of the increasingly popular four-marathons-in-four-days Thanksgiving Quadzilla now complete with Quadzilla t-shirts, certificates, medals, starting announcer recognition, etc.  Sun should be warming things up by now
                While age 69 two-and-a-half years ago was like a two-by-four in the stomach changing me from running well to mostly pretending I’m running, others get to run well well into their eighties.  I expect, and hope, ribs is the latter, and everyone else herein when your time comes too .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - help!

.Holly - Dean Karnazes’ entertaining presentation at the Seattle Marathon Expo included anecdotes about bears on the Western States 100-mile, running barefoot with First Lady Michelle Obama and an entourage of gleeful grade school kids but when he wondered where a favorite quote might have come from, I said I think I can find out:

. . . . "Life is a headlong rush into the unknown.

. . . . We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall,

. . . . lean into the wind and say, 'Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos.'"

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...tet//..nobody who Runs for 7-hours can call THAT ''pretending''...............

evanflein

I think I remember that tagline of Holly's being in an Erma Bombeck book... but she might've been quoting someone else.

Ribs, I hope you're ok but I've been concerned about your frequent complaints of fatigue. Good to get it checked out.

I also am impressed with Jay's RW pace. I just can't imagine walking that fast.

Warm, sunny, humid and windy here in southern Kauai. I ran around the neighborhood and then up past Spouting Horn Park to get 10k for the day. Wraps up a 42+ mile week and 204.1 for November. Nice to have a 200+ mile month again!

DS1 and his GF leave this afternoon and they're out on the beach for a little bit more before getting ready to go. DS2 and his GF are napping on the couch, they leave at 8:30 tonight to go back to Honolulu. MIL leaves at 2 tomorrow afternoon and we're on the midnight flight tomorrow night. Little by little, we're leaving and heading back to our daily grind. This has been such an awesome mini-reunion! It was so fun to watch the brothers playing in the surf yesterday.

In two weeks though, DS2 will be home for the holidays and I have some work to do getting his room ready. We've been using it for storage since emptying out the garage last spring!

nice to see erika checking in from Paradise//////

==================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLpudW2pSc

hey,

we made it to U-Tube,

goto 18-min for our anthem, I'm the guy with the moustache next to the Nordic Giant

..ps..

..I know I said it would take me 10-years to get over singing in a Choir,

but apparently I was wrong

Mariposai

Erika, it is so great to see that you guys had a wonderful time in Hawaii.

Speaking of having a wonderful time, we sure enjoyed having Enkephalin and her kids and Rami over at our place this weekend. I just love that sistahh of mine. Her kids are so smart, so well behaved and a lot of fun. Each night we played Apples to Apples and we enjoyed the great laughter.

After they left I went downstairs and ran 13 miles on the TM. Great run, I did fit in 8 miles @ MP to make the miles come faster.

cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

Jlynne - congrats - we got outplayed!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jlynne - congrats - we got outplayed!

Indeed, but the Packers also knew they were finally in a game for a change.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Nice choir tw!