Masters Running

Saturday's Run Run Run! (Read 43 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

My and Mom and Dad and a whole bunch of people are going run run run!

I want to say happy birthday to Claire first.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Mike E

MM #5615

Happy Birthday Claire!  Sorry...I can't sing as well as Avenger Doggie.

Marathon Maniac #957

I love it Avenger Doggie!  Happy Birthday Claire!

7 miles for me this morning in 58 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy birthday Claire! Hope Grandpa buys you that speedy red convertible you've been looking at

Just getting over two weeks of "the crud" and starting to feel like a human being again. 6 miles this morning followed with 20 minutes of upper body weights and some core work.

Off to farmer's market to get some fresh fruit and veggies for dinner tonight.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Mariposai

Happy birthday to Claire. Avenger Dog, you are a very good singer!

Gorgeous weather here for the bike ride. Our friends already left for their 100 miler. My 22 miler will start at 9am. I am excited about this new adventure.

Aamos, the race I am RDing is next Saturday.

Go racers go!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I will add another happy birthday to Claire!

tetsujin209 the good thing about being absent minded is that so far as I can tell 10 years ago never happened.  I get to set a new PR every race too!  

No running on my part today just a run on the elliptical.  My DW did run about 7 with her friends.  Now she is planning to abandon me to visit her mom.  I may run to the local store that carries Department 56 Halloween and Dickson Christmas villages and pick up this year's addition to our collection.  That and I need to get the house decorated for Halloween!  Where did I put those wraiths . . . 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Happy birthday, Claire. I think grandpa is going to buy you a bicycle so you can bike with him. What a gorgeous day here in Minnesota. No wind and 70° already. It is almost tempting me to try waterskiing today. I need to put away my summer décor and put out the fall stuff too, twocat. I don't have the Halloween village though. I think you posted photos of yours before.

Good luck and fleet feet to the racers today and tomorrow.  Mariposai - is that 22 miles on your bike a race or a ride? Have fun and stay safe.

I ran 7 miles this am, around the lake and then some more. The first 5 miles were at what I think race pace for the 10 mile next Saturday will be 11:30. I have a lot to do so had better get out the door.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Dave59

Happy Birthday Claire.  (Claire is going to absolutely love Tag singing happy birthday. )

Speaking of granddaughters, I saw a commercial for a horror movie coming out in a couple weeks called, "Annabelle".  I sure hope my Annabelle doesn't see the commercial because it'll scare her.  I don't like those kind of movies so I won't be going.

I ran a cool little 5k this morning: Heroes for Hospice.  People dressed up as Super Heroes, but no sign of a hulk with long green hair so I guess Holly skipped this one.  If I had known it was a super hero event I would have put on my Flash t-shirt I picked up at a ComiCon years ago and still have never worn.

60° and real windy.  The sun and the wind just felt great together.  I ran 7:33, 7:44, 7:31, :52 for 23:42.  My best in a couple years.  It was a small local community field of runners and I ended up 5 out of 65 overall and 1 of 5 or 6 in the 50-59 age group.  (Thankfully my speedy next door neighbor was not there, nor any of the other fast 50+ people,)

King of PhotoShop

Happy birthday Claire!

Nice race Dave!

The Saint and I ran a tenK today for the Dallas Arboretum.  Difficult conditions with the H&H and a hilly course. I ran poorly, 58:05, very tired from my trip I imagine. But they had a 20K also, and the tough guys in my AG ran that event, so I eked out a 3rd even with that time. But the news of the day is that the Saint broke an hour with 59:45 and was 4th of 49 in her AG, which was really a great achievement. Very happy for her.

Spareribs

Wow, you are speedy, Dave! Remind me not to show up at any of your events. And congrats also to the Saint: 4th of 49 is a very good percentile to be in!

So if this is what a three-week layoff does to my running, I should do it more often. I set out to do an easy 6 to ease back into it, but started out with a first mile at a pace that I usually can't achieve until I'm warmed up a bit. I kept it to 6 so as not to push it, but it was one of my best-feeling runs in a while! And this even though I was running solo seeing as how my running partner of recent weeks managed to hurt himself again while I was out of town. I should have assigned someone to ride herd on him -- this is getting to be a common theme.

I hope all your races go well this weekend. I haven't run a competitive event since April, but might enter a 10K in November that I did quite well at last year.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Nice racing Dave and the Saint!!

I only did 3 trail miles.  I wanted 5, but my stoopid knee started to hurt and a walked quite a bit.  Glad it was a Garmin-less run, takes the pressure off eh?  Then of course, when I got back to the car, it was fine again - but I had run out of time to run more.

I have a huge chore list today - tons of laundry as I woke up this morning with my leg feeling all wet, only to discover that Remi had puked on the bed sometime during the night.  Think I should ban him from my room.  Grrrrr.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thought waking up to a pet puking was bad, but stealth puking is even worse!  yuck.

happy Birthday, Claire.  Glad you're taking after your Grandpa.  Yarrrr.

Nice racing for DAve, Ribs and Saint.

First weekend at home in a while  (Maine is too nice to pass up too many this summer), so lots of catching up around the house and yard.  Need to figure out a good long run for tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thought waking up to a pet puking was bad, but stealth puking is even worse!  yuck.

+1

Nice racing for Dave and The Saint, and Ribs as well, with 3rd AG on a race he felt was poorly done.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...thanks seteveP AvengerDoggie and everybody else.....That Was SoooooSweet.........

I just sent the email to Claire,

she will LOVE it.........

........we had her B'Day Party at a GymnasticsStudio so she dressed up as a Cat..........

thanks guys,

Much appreciated

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave, nice running streak.  Also, congrats on today's speedy 5K,  1st in AG and 5/65 OA is darn good.  Tomw, convey my birthday wishes to Claire.  ribs, good job in your 10K with 3rd in AG.  Also, The Saint did great, breaking an hour and being 4/49 in her AG.  Good job on the intervals Twocat.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was a little wind.  Just before the 6 mile mark, it started raining which was ok but there was also thunder.  My wife called and said she hadn't made the last payment on my life insurance and suggested she come and get me.  While she was on the way, I did enough to get to 6 miles and call it a day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS