Masters Running

December Masters Miles and 2014 Year-end Summaries (Read 52 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hope everyone had a greta 2014, and I hope 2015 is even better.  Time to post your December miles and 2014 total miles - awards given for both, in all the usual categories.  Also, what were some of the highlights of 2014 for each of you - running or otherwise?   And if you have any big (or small) goals for 2015, share them, too.

It's been such a pleasure to have my RA family to share my running with!  My real-life family doesn't get it, but you guys do. And thanks for the  motivation to get out there and run.

I thought I'd end the year with a picture of my DD running on the beach in Baja:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

106 for December

1316 for 2014 which is a new high for me.

This year was a fun year of running.  Highlights:

Tallahassee Half - Visiting my granddaughter.

Buffalo Half - Meet Mike E and Ryan,visit my brother and his new 5 day old grandson, visit an aunt & a couple cousins, and I even though I grew up in the area, I finally ate at the Anchor Bar which is credited as the birthplace of Buffalo Wings.

Great Turtle Half - Finally met my goal of running a race on Mackinac Island.

(And I should mention the arrival of a 2nd granddaughter as another highlight.)

MM #7877

December - 242.7 miles.

2014 - 3000 miles.

2014 Highlights: 9 marathons. 5 Half Marathons. 6 5K's. I ran on 321 days and took 44 days off.

Favorite Marathons: Flying Pig & Marine Corps Marathon.

My weakness - God's strength.

Philippians 4:13.

C-R

Thanks Carolyn. Nice pic.

203.9 miles in December and 2443 for the year which is slightly over my goal.

Ran an some races BQd and had some XC fun in 14. Looking formireof the same in 15.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow--working on this from the beach!!  Thanks for yet another year of tabulating our miles, Carolyn.

Not a spectacular year in miles, but a few nice running memories.  I'll end with a small month and a small yearly total, but both primes.  23 miles for December and 733 for the year.

Highlights for me:  Reach the Beach relay with TwoCat, Deez (and Nick), Robin, Milktruck, Jay, and Mari.  Loads of fun.

Richmond marathon.  I didn't make my goal, but I did do better than my first.  And I got to meet with Tramps for a little bit before hand.  Certainly wasn't during the race. 

While I should never say never, I think I may retire from marathoning. My resolution for this year is to work on doing a half under 2 hours. (and maybe sneak in a little quicker 5K, too)  I think I can make the training work for that.  Anyone recommend a nice flat half somewhere in New England?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

71  for December  and 728  for year I had hoped for 1000.

Highlight was getting a new dog in June who is my new running partner.

Next year I hope to run 1300 miles

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya Carolyn,

I know what you mean; when I finished my first marathon, it didn't seem real until I was able to "talk" with my online running chums (none of whom asked me how long was the race, of course!)

Once again, thanks so much for doing this.   Glad your Baja trip was so good; super photo!

So I am on the mend, but going out with a bit of whimper due to the ailing ankle tendon.

51 miles for December, 3707 for the year.

I'll let you know if anything untoward happens in 2015.  I think Tramps headed south after his northerly jog past CNYrunner's place.  He should be about up to 300 miles by now........

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Just a dude.

196.3 in December for me. No races. Had some struggles staying motivated.

2353.2 for the year. Not bad, but not the 2500 I was hoping for.

Thanks. I'm hoping next year is a bit more consistent. I'm hoping to be faster and lighter.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

TammyinGP

I've been absent from this thread for a few mos now because my mileage has been so low. and it is again this month, but I'll toss it out there anyways. I only had 16 miles for December and 405.7 for the year. Lowest of year of running ever. Just really lost my interest and motivation for the majority of the year and focused much of my time and energy into other things, such as the non-profit that I'm on the board of directors for, and David's running - meets, other school involvements, etc.

the running related highlight of the year for me was the meet up at Avenue of the Giants. I so loved meeting some new faces that I would likely never have had a chance to meet, such as Marj and Henry, and it was great to see others I've met up with before, but it's been too long! and of course, seeing Leslie a couple times this year was awesome also. We live relatively close together (3 hrs or so) and I look forward to seeing her some more in 2015.

time to set new goals and re-energize my running mojo for 2015 and will start the new year off right with a Resolution Run with my son and running club.

Tammy

evanflein

Awesome, Tammy! Just take what you have and build from there.

I also had a low month for December. With so many 200+ mile months this year, I was kinda hoping to hit 2,400 for the year and maybe even have a PR mileage year. But, it didn't work out that way. Travel, work and lack of mojo conspired to toast my mileage this month. And you know what? I'm ok with that! Nothing wrong with a down month as long as it's not due to injury.

December 139.8

2014 total 2,348.7

Highlight of the year was probably winning my age group with a sweep (won AG in all 8 races) in our local series. Other than that, running wise was probably running the Revel Rockies marathon and seeing Carolyn!

Non-running related highlights were taking the whole gang to Hawaii for Thanksgiving and having DS2 home for the holidays (although we seem to rarely see him). Our summer was a bummer with record breaking rain, and a garage renovation project that ran into multiple complications and problems, ran way over budget (like, a lot....) and still isn't done. The garden was awful due to the rain and cool temps. So yeah, the Hawaii trip was definitely a highlight.

mrrun

I had a low mileage year - approximately 800 miles as I don't really keep records - I run by time primarily without a garmin and vary my route.

My running highlights included all the RA meet-ups (tho Giants was extra special) and running two half marathons with my DD and DIL

Non-running related highlights (copied from Erika) were traveling, spending time with grandkids, and just doing 'stuff''.  Looking forward in 2015 to a couple of family reunions and lots of RA meet-ups (starting 4 hours from now).

marj

coastwalker

Thanks again, W-C, for keeping this up across the year, and for your series of one gorgeous photo after another - this month's is no exception!

109.9 for Dec - nope, couldn't squeeze in that extra 10th.

1,387.9 for the year (missed the extra 10th there too). I was secretly shooting for 1,400, which would have been a first, but my cold and other events of the last week prevented me from reaching that goal. So it goes...

My biggest treat of the year was the Reach The Beach relay, with wonderful RA friends, and some new friends. It was a great experience, and I still smile when I talk to people about it.

2015 goals? I want to try to find and enter more judged racewalking races so I can compete against people who really know what they are doing. I know I'll be watching them from behind (and as I get lapped), but I learn something at each of those races, and it is all good stuff. I'm still chasing that elusive <10.0 min. pace in a 3K, but while I continue to tweak my technique/form to squeeze our a scootch more speed, age is conspiring to slow me down. The chase is still fun, so I'll keep tilting at that windmill.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

120 miles for December

2010 for the year

add another 776 XC ski miles, including a bit of a surge here at the end of the year.

I'm at an age where a highlight is not getting slower than the previous year.

My mile and 10K were within 10ths of a second of 2013, but 5K significantly slower.  However, I didn't do any fast course 5Ks, so my Chena River Run time was actually about 2 seconds faster than 2013.

Best of the races were a 1:19 half marathon, age grading to sub 1:07, a solid 2nd OA finish at the rugged Musk Ox trail run, and breaking my age group record at Equinox Marathon by 1:30 on a day that was really rough (40s and raining, with lots of mud).

Adapting to the new venue with a return to Colorado and saying goodbye to Alaska--for now. It looks like our kids will keep their roots here for a couple years at least, maybe longer.  As I said, many mixed feelings about all of this. Ultimately I think it's a wise move for our future, but now it is a very difficult transition. Looking forward to having that settle down.

Mike E

MM #5615

Thank you, very much wild, for doing this every month and every year.  It is the favorite thread of so many...at least it is mine.

I really love seeing the accomplishments of my RA Masters friends...whether you are a frequent poster or just a once-a-monther.  Your accomplishments are inspiring and very motivating to me.   Many of my accomplishments are a result of being so inspired by all of you.  And, by the way...it's not just the running...but your real life circumstances, as well.  The fighting spirit which lives in each of you truly is amazing to me.

Anyway...enough of the mushy stuff...

I had a pretty good running year in 2014...the following are a few highlights...

2/16/14--Paradise Coast Marathon--1st overall and first time under 3 hours in a long time

5/25/14--Buffalo Marathon--I didn't get the time I wanted but I had a great road trip with Ryan AND I met Dave

7/19/14--Jeanine and Rob's Wedding Day 5k--I got to spend some time with Hermosaboy and some of his friends before his wedding

8/2/14--MN Senior Games--qualified for National Senior Games in the 1500 by placing 2nd (3rd OA)

8/9/14--MN senior games--qualified for National Senior Games in the 10K by taking 1st OA

9/28/14--VT50--completely bombed in this one, but what a fun time I had!  I got to meet Karin (and some of Karin's friends), Marj, Henry, and Holly's brother.  And I got to spend time with wildchild, Holly, and Skip again.

10/2/14--no race but I got to spend an evening chatting with Tammy while she was in town for her HS Class Reunion

11/8/14--met and ran with SubDood around the lakes in Minneapolis (When are we getting together, again, Bob?)

12/30/14--ran 10 miles that got me to 2400 miles for the year--a personal best

Dec: 188

2014: 2400

So...that's 2014.  I just want to thank all of you for your support, last year.  I know I can be a downer sometimes and I don't always give you guys the accolades you deserve, but I hope you know that I keep all of you in my daily prayers and I really pray extra hard when one of you are going through a tough time.  Sorry...getting mushy again...

2015 Goals...my first goal is to find an early Spring marathon to do.  Then I want to perform well at the National Senior Games.  I have the Marine Corps Marathon on my list to try to get into when registration opens up.  Other than that, I would like to meet as many of you in person as I can.  Planning my marathon trips when I know I'm going to meet one of you makes the trip 1000 times more fun...maybe 1000 times is exaggerating just a bit...

Okay--that's it--I'll let somebody else talk now.

Have a great year everybody!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

year total: 1333.5 mi

Dec miles: 72.3 mi

Two 1st place AG awards in  local 5K'/fun runs last summer.

ran in 3 marathons last year:

Bob Potts  in May

Chasing the Unicorn in August

Wineglass in October

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum