Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 10.12.12 (Read 346 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all,

Just a fly-by this morning - too much on my plate today.

3.8 easy, sproinkless miles at 4:05. I had the best intentions when I headed out the door, but there was no spark, no energy, zippety-do-blah. So I put in a few miles just to get a workout in today. I might have a cold or something coming on, except that I don't have time to deal with being sick. So it goes.

Best of luck to this weekend's racers, runners, and walkers.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Top 'O the World!

Mornin' Jay!

I was trying to sleep some more at 4 as I have a pretty busy wknd working....no go. Maybe an easy loop around the neighborhood w/the furbaby will help me nap later on...nap after I get 4 hrs North to get my race packet & check into my room....maybe? Monument Marathon in the morning. Might have rain. Can't find my sleeves? Need purple for that poor little girl, missing (probably dead) for this past week Sad

Went to Lunafest, Boulder last night. Got to see some of my ultrarunner friends & watch some wonderfully inspiring videos about women while raising money for some worthwhile causes. Took a new runner friend to start introducing her to some of the community here abouts Smile We got some awesome swag. Bet she'll go with me again Wink

Have a Greta Wknd evryone!!  Blessings & fleet feet to the racers out there! Smile

C

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Slo

Hey All

I do love fall but this weather we have been having is unbelieveable.

5.6 recovery paced miles for me.

It's been somewhat of a roller coaster of a week. I'm looking forward to spending quite a bit of time with family and extended family the next few days...Grandma passed yesterday afternoon. It's been a while since all the 1st and 2nd cousins have been gathered at the same time. We'll fill up the parlor I'm sure.

I'm the oldest of all the Grandchildren...She was yonger than I am today when I entered this world. I remarked at the beginning of this week that I had been married for more than half of my life...She was "Grandma" for more than half of hers.

Enjoy the day!

...mornin' guys.......

......thanks Rosie//......nice to have you posting (and Running) again

=======

........leg is getting

back to normal

Fun-5 Moves,,,,,,,and My Thanks to whoever Invented Soaking in a Hot Tub

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy Birthday, Erika!  You share a birthday with DS who's 17 today.  I think his mom feels a little guilty this morning for going to Dallas for the OU/Texas game.  I get to redeem myself for being gone so long and be home for him.  He wanted 2 hugs this morning.

Think I'll run after work.  He'll be at an away football game.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Tramps

Slo—my condolences on the death of your grandmother

Great to see RCG running again.

Tammy—sounds like your son’s a natural!

Erika--happy b-day!

Hope the weekend runners have fun!

10/13 fatozzig - Weaver Basin 50k Trail Run, Weaverville, CA

10/13 TammyinGP & Son - Stagecoach Run 10K(me) & 5K(son), Jacksonville, OR

10/14 Milktruck - Farm to Farm Ultra 25K, Freeport, ME

10/14 Dave59 - Inaugural Lighthouse Half Marathon, Traverse City, MI

10/14 Holly S - Dayton River Corridor Classic HM, Dayton OH

EZ8 on a gorgeous autumn morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Light rain just started to fall as my partner and I headed out for 4 miles...Much as I hate to say it, we need the rain in the PNW...It's headed your way Mari hopefully to put out the fires and clear your air up a bit.

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

How does satellite Internet work, anyhow? I can understand the receive side, but do you actually send data back up to a satellite? I can't see how that would work.

rochrunner - I will be happy to help you understand this -- message me your email address if you're still interested (I don't want to clutter the daily with this geek stuff)  Smile 

Lou's here!    it's kind of like a family reunion, isn't it?     hmm.   Who'll bring the beer?  

Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Condolences to you and your family Slo.  Sounds like a great lady, great family, and a great life.  I don't think it gets much better than that.

Nice to see Gordon, Dg, and WRFB posting again.

Happy birthday Erika!

I'm going to do a Sprint Triathlon this Sunday morning.  A quickie.  1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, and 3 mile run.  I think I have a realistic shot at winning my AG this weekend.  We'll see who shows up!  I'm going to go for it at any rate.  This isn't a goal race so I'm just training through it.  My Goal race is an International length Triathlon in Miami in about 4 weeks.  That one will probably make my decision for me about whether I'll continue Tri training or not.  Swim training has been problematic and sporadic.

20 miles biking yesterday followed by 1250 yards swimming.  An easy-paced 3 miles this morning.  We got our first (small) taste of Fall today.  It was still 74° but the humidity was wayyyy down so it felt wonderful for a change.  Think November ......

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

I'm sorry for your loss SLO.

Happy birthday Ek.  Today is also Soundrunner's b'day for those of you who remember her.

My RP went to a gala event at Cowboys Stadium last night to celebrate some birthdays of local notables.  The guest performer was Tom Jones.  I sent her this link this morning.  I cried the first time I heard it, from laughter of course:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqQujx9vk0

5.5 sticky uncomfortable miles all on the dirt track.  Spareribs

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday to Erika, Soundie, and Opie's DS! 

Slo, I hope you and your family have a wonderful celebration of your Grandma's life at your gathering this weekend.

I had a wonderful 6+ mile RAW yesterday through the fallen leaves in the woods.  Really beautiful and colorful.

Good luck to the racers. Enjoy the gift, friends!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

This is a great week of re-uniting with old running friends. It is so great to see DG, lyndenrunner, Lou, Perchcreek, and Mtmchk1 back.

Tammy please give David a huge hug for me. What a great runner he is! 20th from around the state for his grade. Awesome!!!

Lyndenrunner, I am glad to hear that there is rain coming my way, but please, ohh please keep it in your side until tomorrow afternoon. The Autumn Leaf run is tomorrow.

{{{{Jay}}}} sorry to hear about your sproinkless run today. Rest up!

Happy B-day to Erika. What is for dinner?

Opie, happy B-day to your son, too. Are you doing something special with him today?

Slo-Hand, may your family gathering be uplifting as you celebrate your grandmother's life.

Fattozig, enjoy your ultra run!

Holly, how are you feeling for your HM tomorrow?

Rosie, glad to see that your shoulder is doing better. Any update on the job front?

Well, yesterday I did go out for my longish run (hi tammy and Marj Joking). I ran from my house to the starting line of the Autumn Leaf run. Ran the entire course marking the turn-around (lyndenrunner, the course has changed since you last ran this race and we don't loose runners anymore lol). When I finished I ran back home. 12 miles for the day. 

I started my run listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7JL54nbi4

and ended the run with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzD-bOLYyM&feature=related

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy Birthday of course to Erika and Krista.

I've been working on various winterizing chores this week (screens, patio furniture, blow out sprinklers, etc.) and just about have everything done. The only thing left to do is the wardrobe swap, which of course includes my running gear. It's always interesting to find those t-shirts from long-ago events and wonder again why I transfer them back and forth every year but never wear them.

A beautiful, crisp, clear autumn morning, and I managed 5 miles on an out-and-back on the rail-trail with negative splits. Going out was into the breeze and it was quite cool, but on the return with no headwind and the sun on my back it was plenty warm.

Have a good weekend and good luck in all your races, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Slo.. so sorry. The "reunion" will be bitter sweet I'm sure

Got a mile run in with Tory and Sadie after dropping DW at the train station at 6 am as she heads to Winnipeg via Grand Forks ND to see her 101 yo mom.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

We took DS out to eat gyros last night.  Then he moped around and finally wrote his essay due today on "If you were to cut one area of federal government spending, what would it be?"  The class is submitting the essays for a Masonic scholarship, so I said to be sure and mention that the money saved should go to a worthwhile organization.  He knew I was joking so he didn't include that.  We joked about the secret handshake, skits, etc.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me