Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.19.15 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Whatever you're doing today, lets not lose sight of what today's holiday is all about.

Happy belated Birthday, Enke! I thought all those shoes that Mariposai reposted yesterday came from Tselbe's shoe sale, but it was WC's handiwork.

I gave DW a synopsis of yesterday's games so she can be on top of things when speaking with suppliers/customers today.

SRD today, which was just as well. We got rain late last night and, even though temps were up in the 30s, there was still a fair amount of skim ice on the sides of the roads on my way to the office this morning. So it may have been a bit slippy & slidey (sp?) if I had ventured out earlier for a workout.

I'm hoping for a quiet day at work: I have a big project to finish, and I desperately need to straighten up my office.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Whatever you're doing today, lets not lose sight of what today's holiday is all about.

+1  Need to go back and read his "I Have a Dream" speech again sometime today.  He was an amazing human being.

5.75 miles this morning in breezy 21° temps. We're supposed to get snow tonight so I wanted to take advantage of the dry roads one last time.

Happy belated birthday Enke!

Well, Tet. What a game. I can't believe the Packers lost. They played 3 really good quarters of football. Unfortunately, there are 4 quarters in a game. Lots of "if only and what ifs" in that one. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that don't like the Packers (or their fans), but this game was a tough one to swallow. Oh well, life goes on...

Have a good Monday good people.

Mike E

MM #5615

Jlynne--as a Vikings fan, I know the pain you Packers fans are going through and I don't wish that pain on anybody.

Marathon Maniac #957

I gave DW a synopsis of yesterday's games so she can be on top of things when speaking with suppliers/customers today.

I wish someone would do that for me.  The men at work are constantly talking about football and I never have any idea what they are saying.

Enke- Happy Belated Birthday!

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Happy MLK Day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Smart choice, Jay.  I was glad I was paying attention as our front walkway had a nice glaze on it, as well as parts of the street.

My condolences to all the Packers fans.  I was rooting for them (even though with not entirely pure motives).  Tough way to go out after such an intense game.  Glad there was not such drama for the second game. 

Nice Monday run, JLynne.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Trip to the gym this morning. Treadmill warm-up and some weight stuff.

And now a comic totally unrelated to anything....

https://gjismyp.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/the-wife-of-pi.png

King of PhotoShop

Well, of course I rooted for the Packers, which I imagine caused them to lose.  But to be fair, you have to play football for 60 minutes.  Cowboys had the Packers on the ropes in the same way and the Pack came back.  Better teams do that.  Next year everyone!

Just a slow 2 miler this morning on a gorgeous day.  I leave tomorrow for Cincinnati once again, then next week is Atlanta and Tampa. Time of my life.  Spareribs

Henrun

Great cartoon, Dave. When I was in that business many of my patients reminded me of Pi.

Belated birthday greetings, enke.

Stumpy, I wanted the Packers to win, having become a fan after running the Cell Com half in Green Bay. Now I can wholeheartedly root for the Pats.

I waited till the temp reached 38 and ran the local reservoir-no ice and bright sun. Many runners were in shorts (has to be above 40 for me).

Hey, Dave59! What do you think of your 910XT? I've been using a 610 for a while and, although it works fine for what I do, the dial is just too small to easily be read, especially since I usually run without my glasses. I actually could go back to my 310, but I'm always looking for the latest toys. It's just that the 910 looks like overkill if all I'm going to use it for is running. What do you think?

TomW, I'll see your whine and raise you one (but not really since your issues are a lot more legitimate). After the treadmill stress test on Friday and then my first outside hilly run in a while yesterday, now my leg is hurting again as if I had a hamstring pull. It didn't help that I was over at a friend's house yesterday afternoon to watch the 1st game and sat on a low-slung couch for a couple of hours. Getting up from that was when I discovered how much my leg hurt. Spinning today made it feel a bit better, but in general my legs felt a bit worn out.

By the way, my tests went well on Friday and I came in just below 90th percentile for my AG and probably would have done better if I'd have done this at the end of last season rather than after a two-month layoff. No other problems with my echo cardiogram, EKG or other indications, so please with that. The whole test, including meeting with a physiologist (PhD) and cardiologist (MD) was only $300, which seems like a real bargain.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Happy Belated Birthday, Enke!!

We saw on the news all the awful crashes, etc., because of the terrible road conditions back East.  Stay  safe, friends ~

Roch - Were you ever able to get your 310 to upload to RA or Strava or GarminConnect or anywhere??  I've done everything I know of and can't get it load, not even to Garmin.

Got in an hour of core/ST this morning.  We're on half staff here at work since it's MLK Day. Wasn't sure there would even be enough people here to warrant making coffee, but I did . . . and I forgot to put the pot in its place.   I was on hold with a company on the phone and heard, "Who made coffee this morning?"  For a brief second, I thought there was going to be praise in that it didn't instantly make hair grow on the person's chest (the coffee here is generally horrible, IMHO).  But then in almost the same instant I realized what I'd done.  Oh well.  I'm sure it wasn't the first time that's happened around here, and I doubt it'll be the last.

Have a great week ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Trackrat, nice 5 miles race with 2nd Grand Master.  Neat meet up for CNY and marj and henrun.  enke, I join those wishing you a belated happy birthday.

Nice long runs for Trackrat, CNY, and Holly.

This morning, it was in the high 20s and there was a little wind.  I expected some icy roads and wore the Ice Trekkers spikes I got at the shoe sale.  They seem to work well.  I got in 5 miles at a 10:57 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Tramps

Keeping an eye on those Garmin discussions.  DW wants my 310, since she's broken hers, and I'm thinking of trying out the 220, if I can spot a good price.

Yes, Seahawks had to execute, but the Packers really lost that game in amazing fashion.  Now I just hope the 'Hawks play against the Pats the way they did in the first half against the Packers.  Go Pats.

Mid-40s again today for a Spring-like day.  Since I had the time, I went out for a 9-miler and caught up with the pace bunny.  I think that bunny's gonna be my main motivation this year.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Hey all. Quick drive by from Orlando. DW and u spent a couple of days relaxing and now I have to get a few days of work here. Nice to run outside in shorts and a t shirt without freezing. Happy belated enke. Packers? Well at least they were in the game. My colts got rolled by the Pats. Again. Seems like they always are the block. Of course playing like a pop Warner team didnt help. The two best teams are in te SB. Gotta jet. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

Hey, Dave59! What do you think of your 910XT? I've been using a 610 for a while and, although it works fine for what I do, the dial is just too small to easily be read, especially since I usually run without my glasses. I actually could go back to my 310, but I'm always looking for the latest toys. It's just that the 910 looks like overkill if all I'm going to use it for is running. What do you think?

I've had a 110, 305, 410.  I spent a long time buying the 910XT because it was overkill for someone who only runs.  I would go look at my various options and everyone of them had an issue I didn't like. On some I didn't like the display and on others I didn't like the battery life. I didn't like the band on some of the cheaper ones because you couldn't replace it if it broke.

So I bit the bullet and got more watch than I needed (910XT).  I like it pretty good.  It has a display a lot like the 305 but it is not as bulky.  Compared to my previous watch (410), it has a better display, better battery life, and it will vibrate at the mile marks instead of make a little beep you never hear. Most the time it gets a signal faster than my 410 and is more accurate, but just last week when I uploaded the workout it had me starting in someone's backyard a block away, so it isn't perfect.

I guess the best endorsement is that I have no regrets.

mrrun

.  Now I just hope the 'Hawks play against the Pats the way they did in the first half against the Packers.  Go Pats.

+++++++ great description!

no run today - lots of walking today and tomorrow - also, no garmin so can't contribute to the discussion

marj