Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Group w/e July 6th (Read 330 times)

Okay,so it's early Tuesday morning and I'm doing the tallies... Dutchie42-21.5 K...welcome back evanflein-43.5 miles + 3.8 walking...next marathon? evryday-12 miles...glad to have you back as well fatozzig-34 miles + 11.41 bike...well done lyndenrunner- 41 miles nowor-15 miles + stuff pfriese-17.9 miles + 33 bike...what's next for you? tetsujin-10 miles...nice job Jon See you in a week...hopefully I can win some hardware in Hawaii...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-Off Tue-Travel to Hawaii Wed-4 miles Thur-3@8:04 Fri-5K Race-Kailua Sat-swimmin' Sun-swimmin' Total=10.1 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        thanks LDR back to planning... Mon......nada....nada Tues....6 miles...3 miles Wed....3 mles...nada Thurs....nada...nada Frid.....8K race...8K (4.96 miles) 42:58 Sat......3miles...6 miles Sun.....6 miles...6 miles Total.............19.96 miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Thanks! Mon - 5 miles w/6 15-sec steep hill sprints at end Tues - 11.84 mile bike ride Wed - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats (5 long, 5 short) Thurs - 1.25 hrs. strength/core/knee Fri - 1.5 hrs. - 10 miles?? Sat - 4th of July Recovery Sun - 5th of July Party Recovery Big grin LDR - Have fun in Hawaii! What a terrible place to have to run. My sympathies. Wink Total: Running: 20 miles Biking: 11.84

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi Gordon. Thanks for starting the thread. Mon.... 3.5K doggie fun run. Tue.... 8.5K and a hectic day in the office. Wed... 3.5K doggie fun run Thu.... 10.5K with Spooky. Had 12K planned but ran out of time. Fri...... 3.5K interval with Spike&Spook plus 40min UB strength (incl. abs) Sat..... 6.5K plus Ba/S/T strength and abs, and a 30min leg workout. Think I need to do some yoga Confused Sun... 2 hrs of pruning trees and bushes in the back garden and after a break, another 2 hrs in the front garden. Now what to do with all these branches, twigs and leaves? Had to walk the dogs, so simply put my running shoes on (and a sports bra) and ran. Stopping often enough to accomate Spike's sniff&digg mode. So we did 2.5K. Not worth mentioning, but at least I did run Big grin Totals: 38.5K of mostly easy running

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Tue.... 8.5K and a hectic day in the office.
              Doesn't that count for cross training?? Smile

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

hmmm, thought I started a post yesterday on this thread...? Oh well, here's my week. Lots of cross training with house and garden work planned over the weekend. Good Luck in HI Gordon! Monday: 4.3 miles, EZ pace Tuesday: 6 miles, 8:14 avg pace, sprinkles... Wednesday: 8 miles, 8:40 avg pace, hot dead legged run home from work... Thursday: Ugh... really sick (that must be why yesterday was so hard?) Friday: Usual rest day, still sick, lots of gardening though Saturday: 6 very easy miles, still coughing; more gardening, walking Sunday: 11.5 miles is all I could do, about .5 mile walking 35.8 miles running, about 2 miles walking and lots of gardening. Getting sick in the summer really sucks.
                Dutchie42

Doesn't that count for cross training?? Smile
                  You bet it does Big grin

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you lynden. I was going to make up for 13 taper days with a Saturday 50K but must have been too many fireworks instead so it turned out to be a pure taper week. Hope to start makin' up for it with a mary at Rattlesnake Lake) tomorrow on my nemesis Snoqualmie Rails-to-Trails and chance to test whether gluing an insole on top of the thongs will provide sufficient protection from all the sharp crushed gravel "improvements" that've been laid since last year. Angry hope you got some sand between your toes in your race over in Hawaii. Smile Sunday (June 29) - taper Monday (June 30) - taper Tuesday (July 1) - taper Wednesday (July 2) - taper Thursday (July 3) - taper Friday (July 4) - taper Saturday (July 5) - taper

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hi, gang, Sorry I disappeared without a word. All heck broke loose in my professional life and I needed to take a few weeks to get my bearings again. Haven't accomplished that fully yet, but at least I have the energy to start moving again. And considering that WALKING 4 miles on Friday nearly wiped me out, and the Philly Distance HM is in a mere 12 weeks, I better get off my butt and start moving! Sunday - drove up from the sure for a power-brunch; lots of great food and conversation = REST Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Have a great week, everyone. Eliz Smile Modified to add - DUH - I thought this was the new thread. Roll eyes So here's what I really did during the week ending July 6: Sunday - still being lazy Monday - kayak about 1-1/2 hours Tuesday - still wiped out; recovering from kayaking Wednesday - kayak 1-3/4 hours against a strong tide one way and strong wind the other Thursday - lazy bum again Friday - 4 mile walk - felt so fantastic to wear running shoes again Saturday - blissful 2-hour kayak adventure Will check in with the real thread for next week tomorrow! Embarrassed Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

nowor

Hi Hawaii Guy ...Hope you're having a greta time. Monday-3 mi Tues-gym stuff Wed-3 mi Thurs-gym stuff AM; yoga PM Fri-5.5 mi Sun-yoga Summary-11.5 mi + yoga + stuff
                        pfriese

I've been battling a cold now for a couple of weeks, so I decided to take this week off from running to try and heal up. Totals for week: 0 miles running 82.3 miles of bicycling Paul