Masters Running

Friday, January 11th Master-Boomer runs (Read 641 times)

It looks like an 8 mile day. Even though that's my most common distance, I did 5 on the TM to avoid the wind and rain that roch and stumpy braved. In a little bit we're off to AZ. I don't know if I'll be able to get to a computer and get news of my imaginary friends and post what I'm doing, but I'll be back for sure in the middle of the week. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Tom--we're not imaginary, we're virtual. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

We're not imaginary????????? darn it

SteveP

bap

I'm imaginary. Rest day today. Last night's 9 miler.

Certified Running Coach
          Crocked since 2013

SteveP

I always thought Meadowbrook would be a kewl place to run. Thanks DG, you've got a good heart. Have a safe trip Tom.. After checking on Mom I set out for a run. She's much much better today... ....FIL's dog (we're dog setting till April) cried and cried so I went back and got her. We got snow last night and she's a Samoyed (sp?) and loves the winter. We went to where DD#3 works and waved as we went by. We only went three miles and that was enough for her. The last 1/2 mile, I had to remind her that she asked for it. When we got back, I showed the dog a photo of sled dogs mushing that Erica sent and told her that's what real dogs do. The Samoyed gave me a "That's nice for them" kind of look and went searching for the remote. DW got two tickets to "A Street Car Named Desire".......Kewl....It doesn't involve guys in tights and steel folding chairs, but what the heck. It may be kind of classy anyways. Wednesday, I started a new shelf for DW. It's cherry and maple. I finished it late yesterday

SteveP

dg.

We're not imaginary????????? darn it
              Steve, that's just what I was thinking. Tom, I hope a wonderful time is had by all. maybe you can bring back pictures? Doug, aren't you nice. Wink ok, fair warning, I might just do that. but later. 'aware' is often how I put it. wondering what is the exact cause (physiological). Holly, good ideas. I usually am hungry, but at the same time, full. All those raw veggies take up too much volume. I'll go for happy condensed calorie goodies. Smile -- I don't like dg3. it's annoying. you can call me whatever you'd like. I think I signed up a long time ago for the routes, & 9 was taken. Never thought I'd use it much. I think I've probably already said that. eta thanks Steve. so do you. very nice shelf. cool route, bap.
                (mc jumps up on his desk) "people all over the world, join in. start a love train, love train. people all over the world, join in. start a love train, love train. all of your brothers over in africa, tell all the folks in egypt and israel too, please don't miss this train at the station. cause if you miss it, i feel sorry, sorry for you... whooooaaaa ooooo" (mc climbs off his desk) rest day. Dead
                  (mc jumps back up on his desk) "ooh child things are gonna get easier, ooh child things will get brighter ooh child things are gonna get easier, ooh child things will get brighter someday we'll put it together and we'll get it undone someday when your head is much lighter someday we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun someday when the world is much brighter...." (mc gets off his desk)
                    (mc jumps back up on his desk) "you can make it if you try, you can make it if you trrryyyyy yyy yyy push a little harder, think a little deeper, don't let the plastic bring you down. all together now... yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah you can make it if you try you can make it if you trryyyy yyyyy times still creepin, especially when you're sleepin', wake up and go for what you know. all together now... yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah" (mc climbs off his desk)
                    SteveP

....and bring your juke box money.....

SteveP

Tramps

Umm, I'm not sure what to say about MC. I'm a little concerned though. BTW, you may have seen in the news today that the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Columbia, or FARC, has released some hostages. The peasant-based guerrillas, who are considered to be terrorists by the US government, unfortunately share an acronym with the Fredericksburg Area Running Club (FARC), to which I belong. This may account for the surprisingly brisk sale of our T-shirts in Bogota and Medellin.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

We only went three miles and that was enough for her. The last 1/2 mile, I had to remind her that she asked for it. When we got back, I showed the dog a photo of sled dogs mushing that Erica sent and told her that's what real dogs do. The Samoyed gave me a "That's nice for them" kind of look and went searching for the remote.
                          Ha! Same thing my husky-mix would do. She thinks those sled dogs are insane. Steve, that's a gorgeous shelf. Do you take orders? BAP, I love your running route posts. Holly, nice run! I knew you and CNY were going to be meeting today, and as I was cranking out my miles last night on the treadmill, alone, in the basement, with no TV just an iPod with fading battery... I thought, maybe I should go to the gym tomorrow. All this solitude can't be good for me...! I could end up like MC... Tramps, I think I need to read up on my Garmin instruction book. Sounds like you've done a good job with it... I'm always concerned that the distance won't be accurate. Even with my new one, I seem to get screwy reception this far north, and I bet my intervals would be very erratic... Should give it a try though. I'd have a hard time finding a nice flat spot to do them, though... MC... just a little longer. If the level of craziness in your taper is directly related to how well you'll do, you're gonna set one heckuva PR on Sunday... Hope you get to meet up with Tselbs and crew! Treadmill tonight... again. Very cold weekend ahead... Need a haircut, so might swing by the gym afterwards tomorrow to see some other humans doing what I do.
                            MC - what do you mean "rest day?" You wore me out just reading about your jumping on and off your desk! "It don't come easy. You know it don't come easy. Gotta pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues cause you know it don't come easy."
                            dg.

I think mc's making a commercial for one of those greatest hits cd's..... but it's ok. it's your thing. express yourself.
                                6.52 miles on a very nice sunny afternoon with temperatures at 62 degrees. I now have my own Purple Heart. Where I ran into the chair at the basketball game the other night has now turned all purple. I am just glad it was not any lower or I am sure it would have been cracked ribs. It certainly would be nice to be in Florida and running that race down there. Maybe next year. Oh wait, those of us from New England (formerly) don't have to say "wait til next year" any more. Good racing to those who are doing that. Nice long runs to those who are doing that. Have a nice weekend to everyone.
                                Vista