Masters Running

The Lurker From Boston (Read 335 times)

annied

Hi Everyone, I am the one who approached Holly during the Boston Marathon. Holly, you looked great, and my offer stands to stay at my house if you come back to run Boston!! I had a great race, and I had a PR for Boston: 3:42. So I'll be back next year. Hopefully, I'll meet all of you. ANN
    wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Ann, Welcome out of lurkerdom! Come on in, the water's fine. It's neat that you recognized Holly at Boston and admitted to being one of many of us in her fan club!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Welcome to our world Ann. Congrats on your Boston PR. Please don't be shy in posting. Do you have any animal, when is your next race, what is your favorite food? Wink We love to have you here. Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Ann - I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! Stay a while, why don't you? Congratulations on your Boston PR, and the offer is reciprocated - if you want to come and try one of the southern Ohio races, you have a place to stay at my house. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

annied

Holly, I tried to email you a couple of times - maybe I got stuck in your filter? What good races are in southern Ohio? I need a hook to get my family to travel to a race! Boston was a lot of fun. I ran it last year and altho the weather turned out not as bad as predicted, the anxiety killed me. You guys seemed to have a lot of fun meeting up. Did anyone go to the Roxy? ANN

Marathon Maniac #957

Ann, Maybe you got stuck in my filter. You can also try me at hschultz at woh dot rr dot com. As far as big races, this weekend is the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati. In the fall there is the Air Force Marathon and Columbus Marathon. We were planning to go to the Roxy, but instead decided on a nice dinner out and relaxing in the hotel. I think DH was more exhausted from the weekend than I was.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ann - you're famous here now. So you have to stay. And you're speedy too! We went to the Roxy - I really really wanted to keep celebrating and having fun, but I was just too worn out and sick to pull it off. We left by about 9:15. Looking forward to meeting you next year in Boston!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Head Procrastinator

How neat that you came out of lurkerdom Annie!! Nice to meet you, good job on your Boston! Barb
                  ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                    Welcome, annied. Now that a Holly meeting has blown your lurker status post often. Congrats on a fine Boston marathon. TomS
                      Welcome annied. Congrats on the Boston PR. Post often.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

The Jogger

Hi Ann, well done on your Boston PR and I think you will fit in here nicely......... Welcome Roy
                        seemomgo

Hi Ann! Tell us about yourself and your running!!! Welcome to the party!!!
                          annied

Hi everyone, I live 20 miles north of Boston, and have been running for about 9 years. I am 46, married, and have 4 kids. This was my 6th marathon. I feel like I am a new runner. Anything else? I don't know how you guys ran Boston, and are out already running 10 plus miles. I struggled thru 4 miles yesterday and today. And Holly, you are running another marathon this weekend? Aren't you sore? You all seem so friendly and supportive. I am glad I ran (!) into Holly. What are the chances?
                              hi annie!! welcome to the group!! i live in tewksbury so we might be neighbors!! it's great meeting people from here - hope you enjoy posting and the antics!! Wink

denise

annied

Deez4boys, I live in Reading. Are you a member of MVS?