Masters Running

THROWDOWN! Bruger! er, Breegher! Whatever your name is there, Michiganboy..... (Read 47 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

.....OK, name yer poison.

___________________________________ Race in ______________________, 2016 at ___________________________________.

Name the race you want to get ready for and we'll make it so.  (Now I'm already signed up for Clearwater in January (18th) and Melbourne* and AIA (Ft. Lauderdale) in February (8th and 15th) so we don't have conflicts.....or feel free to choose one of them. )

Or Gasparilla Weekend Feb 21-22?

We'll get you trained back up into shape in no time.

grins, Coach Aamos.

*since you are so musically inclined, not to mention, gifted, note there is a grand piano with a maestro on the bridge for our enjoyment in this race, and you get to pass them not once, but twice!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Come on, Bill!  You can WALK if you want, at any of the distances - we don't care.  You can even JOG......We just want to see you and your Debbie, and then maybe we can talk Dg Debbie into coming, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

If I can finish an event, I'm willing to bet you can.

SteveP

mrrun

Yo Billl - choose one of aamos's florida events and we'll join a RA gathering

marj

SteveP

I may have just convinced Michelle that Gasparella is a good idea.

SteveP

You could run slowly with me Bill. I missed the Michigan fun - think we need a meetup with that rowdy crew for one of those Florida races

Marathon Maniac #957

I recall Amy saying that the Jacksonville Marathon would be a good idea....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

You could run slowly with me Bill. I missed the Michigan fun - think we need a meetup with that rowdy crew for one of those Florida races

Rowdy? In bed before sunset and up at Jay O'clock.Look out world!

SteveP

Sayhey! MM#130

INFO:

1. Jacksonville is Jan. 3, 2016.

There's a Full, Half, and 5K.

Jacksonville is in NE FL, just south of Georgia and on the Atlantic Coast.

Race has been going on for 30+ years, is well established.

http://www.1stplacesports.com/jm.html

2. Gasparilla Distance Classic is Feb. 20-21, 2016.

NOTE, there is NO FULL, so 50 Staters may not want to attend if they only want to enter FL for their 50 state list.

There are 4 distances, so very inclusive: a 15K (about 9.3 miles) and a 5K on Saturday; a Half and an 8K (about 4 miles) on Sunday.

There are various combos you can sign up for, or all 4.  DH is doing one on each day.  I'm doing all of them and did them all last year, if you have questions.

They've been doing this for a while.  It's a pretty large event with lots of families, etc.

It's in Tampa, which is the Gulf side, about mid way to SW FL (I'm about an hour and a bit south and we're for sure SW FL.)

http://www.tampabayrun.com/

Let me know if want/need info on the AIA in Ft. Lauderdale Feb. 14 or Melbourne Feb. 7 or any others.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mrrun

We've done the Gasparilla many years ago and it was a blast!

Last year we spent a few days in Amelia Island, 30 minutes north of Jacksonville and enjoyed it, so Jacksonville is ok, altho early in January.   We've done Melbourne and it's not one I'd like to repeat, just to add our 2 cents

marj