Masters Running

TUES 11/11 Remembrance Day (Read 533 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Today here is remembrance day, so at 11:00 they have a two minutes silence to remember the end of the First World War and other wars and conflict. Went out for a 5 miler undulating road run, it felt a bit tough for some reason but glad I did it and refreshed afterwards. As I was getting ready, I put my garmin by the window to pick up the signal, I was putting on my shoes and said to Woody, 'get the watch' sure enough over he went, both paws on the window sill and gently picked it up with his mouth. He came over to me and as I went to take it from him, he took off, wagging his tail..........I eventually got it, wiped it and put it on. Anyway 5m 51:17 @ 10:15 pace AHR 150 70% Good Runs All Roy
      That Woody. What a character! It's getting a little cold here. 6 miles, 29F, 1:01:43. I actually was able to put together a decent bouquet of flowers for dear-old-Dad on Sunday, but this frost should put an end to that. Time to put the garden to bed for the winter.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

A smart dog, that Woody. We should have called JD Woody instead, as that is about what she has between her ears. She's very sweet and earnest, but not the sharpest tack in the box. Very brisk 29°F this morning. Just how I like it. When did that happen? 7.1 miles, 58:53, 8:18/mi, AHR 149

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

First of all a big Thank You to all the Veterans that have fought to keep us free. Goofy Woody - what was his average pace before you got the Garmin back Roy? Wink Nice job getting that 5 miles done. TimBo - that is great news from your doctor! Just be careful - we want you running again - sooner rather than later!! Holly - I am a failure at dieting too. Yesterday was my first day "back on the wagon"... I fell off the wagon after lunch. Sad I'm trying to hop back on today. I'm at a high that I hate - pants still fit - but barely!! This morning was a 4 mile undulating road run (as Roy said) but I'm also glad that I did it. On my 4 mile route there is a turn around point about 3/4 of the way down one road and I noticed this morning that Brinkley knows exactly where this point is and starts looking at me as if to say - hey, time to turn around here. This morning I went a few more feet down the road just to mess with him a little. 9:49 avg. pace - 164 avg. HR This afternoon I'm off to the dermatologist to finally find out what the next step is for my other 3 spots of concern. I'm so ready to get this put behind me. (Thanks Roy!) Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

The Jogger

Good luck today Mary.... roy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Smart Woody! Brisk here in western NC too. 31F and clear.. IRC for me. A really nice, sproinky run on an undulating road. 8.4 miles in 1:08:23 (8:08 pace, AHR 162). ..really must be this Holiday Inn Express Smile. This is the first really decent run I've had since August.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Nice runs this Veteran's Day morning. Good to see Perch happy with a run! 6 easy miles in 54 minutes to see how the systems are feeling after Sunday's Race. Felt okay. A few twinges here and there but nothing unexpected. Thanks for the kind remarks to my RR. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone Smile Thanks for the start off Roy. Nice undulating run, and think it is neat about the 2 minutes of silence...and sooo funny about Woody Big grin Nice runs for the Beer's this morning...yup, cold weather is here Sad Mary and the other Hawt wimmin and the dieting Roll eyes....I am the same way BTW. Nice undulating run for you to....seems to be a trend this morning. Mary, I am being smart about all of this, but am cross training now to somewhat save my sanity Smile Also, good luck at the dermatologist...we will be thinking of you today, Ok! Glad you are feeling good Steve...I think when you feel bad, is still better than most of us running wise Roll eyes....nice run!!! Well, got a few pictures from my attempted Marathon. Geez, my facial expressions look like the pictures taken at the DMV for our drivers license pictures. I think this was about at mile 3 or 4 before the 1/2 Marathoners split off from the Marathoners (I light heartedly called some of them wussies when they split...they smiled back at me Smile ). The two dudes with me were running the 1/2, and the guy on your right....my left was already breathing heavily and I mentioned to him to slow down, or you are in for a tough day Buddie. I was just starting to put the hammer down after starting off fairly easy...then the rest of the story Angry http://www.capstonephoto.com/ Just go to the Indianapolis Marathon and put in bib 557...and wimmin, I told ya I think I was the only "shirtless" one the best I could tell. Honestly, the pictures are not very good at all, but oh well. And only 3 pictures in 16 miles??? They must take a lot more pictures towards the end of the race. The second picture if you look at my left foot, is the exact position that was the most painful while running...especially later on till I had to stop Black eye Oh yeah, one hour on my bike trainer last night. Kinda a progression workout where I started easy then gradually built up my HR till about at puke stage the last 5 minutes...needed some higher HR work. I need to be careful with my biking....don't want it affecting my "non" runs Also, day # 10 of "non" running Twocat and tet Tongue. Twokitty, I am still a few weeks or more from running...if you are taking 3 weeks off...I still will beat cha Big grin. Your 22 mile "non" run, you got me there buddie...but my two a day last Sun was tough "non" runs too. Hope Enke feels better SOON Wink Boy, a Twix Bar sounds pretty good about now... Holly Hi nono Smile Have a Greta day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

I wussed out last night of finishing up my 4.75 mi. Got all dressed, got out the front door, a big gust of wind almost blew me off my front porch. I turned around, went inside and said, "I'm not doing this." Mr Nono gave me a look of alarm and said, "We're not going through this all winter." --Two winters ago, I must have done this probably 15 times over the course of the winter. I agreed, but told him tonight I wasn't going. Got up and out this morning to do my penance, and the running gods got me back for my wussiness! It was a great morning, I was dressed well, and only got 3 1/4 mi in before a blister developed. I was very close to home and heading for my southern loop so I just pulled in. Got it before it did any real damage. Bright side -- my 4 yr. old was all dressed and ready to run around the block when I got back! So, we ran. She says she wants to "train" all winter. I told her I'll get her winter running gear. I imagine my times will improve if I know she's always sitting there waiting to run with me when I'm done. Smile Holly, I'm still laughing over you throwing half a candy bar away. Hopeful, best wishes for a good report from the dermatologist.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice runs this Veteran's Day morning. Good to see Perch happy with a run! 6 easy miles in 54 minutes to see how the systems are feeling after Sunday's Race. Felt okay. A few twinges here and there but nothing unexpected. Thanks for the kind remarks to my RR. Bill
                      Oops, off to read your RR Bill, didn't see it yesterday...glad you are feeling good and all sytems are OK Smile. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I knew it was hopeless trying to beat biketm in with the non run today with me being in mountain time and all! Angry I would head off to the hotel "gym" but as the scare quotes indicate calling it a gym is a real insult to home gyms everywhere. So I will settle for some planks here in the room. Yesterday I did not run 20 miles, which was tough! Figure today I need an easy non run day so I plan to just non run 6 miles at an easy 0 minutes per 0 miles. Yesterday was a much faster 0 minutes per 0 miles. Tough! Shy Dead My day starts in about 90 minutes so I am not sure I will be back. In case not, have a good day all both running and non running.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

I knew it was hopeless trying to beat biketm in with the non run today with me being in mountain time and all! Angry I would head off to the hotel "gym" but as the scare quotes indicate calling it a gym is a real insult to home gyms everywhere. So I will settle for some planks here in the room. Yesterday I did not run 20 miles, which was tough! Figure today I need an easy non run day so I plan to just non run 6 miles at an easy 0 minutes per 0 miles. Yesterday was a much faster 0 minutes per 0 miles. Tough! Shy Dead My day starts in about 90 minutes so I am not sure I will be back. In case not, have a good day all both running and non running.
                          Hey Twocat....you want to see something impressive. Look at my nice crisp looking "non" runs in Holly's last week 40 / 40 thread....zing buddie Tongue You taking an easy day "non" running...........slacker Big grin Tim

DickyG

The Virginia Farm Bureau says Thanksgiving costs are higher this year but remain affordable. An informal price survey conducted across the state says a traditional meal for 10 adults this year will cost $45.89. The dinner menu includes turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, peas, cranberries, a relish tray of carrots and celery, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. The price does not include tax, tip, cholesteral medication, or a trip to the ER. Jeanne:
                            I'm getting excited. We'll be driving to Great Lakes on Thursday to watch DS#2 graduate from boot camp on Friday morning. We talked to him last night and he sounded so good. I feel so much better, because I was really worried about him.
                            This is so great, especially since you've been keeping us informed of his progress. What a great accomplishment...what is he hoping for in the way of 1st assignment? Tramps: Very impressive wood stack! I'll see your stack and raise you two enormous piles of kindling. Teresa: OK...look...it you don't take tons of pics and post them, you're banned from the list. This sounds like the adventure of a lifetime. Tammy: You asked about my birthday...6 days before yours. Janet:
                            I am fighting going to a doc, mostly cuz I've had numerous unexpected medical bills this year and I just don't want to take another especially around this time of the year with Christmas looming.
                            Ah yes...I remember medical bills...before Medicare. Roy: Woody...wow. Billy Bob can do one trick...I have no idea what it is, but he claims he can do one. Tim: Pics are excellent...you look like a jock...all determined, pushing forward, etc. 4 good miles for me today...35:02 (8:46)...ran the entire course without walking. Fastest I've run this course since 4/07. DickyG

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mary – good luck at the dermatologist. I know I need to get my skin checked, too, but this month I already seem to be going to the doctor every week – regular check-up and flu shot last week, pap next week, mammogram the week after. Perch – how long have you been at that Holiday Inn Express? Tim – the first 2 are pretty funny (like most of mine), but the 3rd one looks very nice... Nono – I totally understand the standing-at-the-door-indecisively thing in the cold weather, especially when it first starts. The real push that got me out the door today (instead of the TM in the garage) was that I really wanted to hear the next disc of my audio book. 7.7 miles for me today in 26 degrees, with miles #3, 4, and 6 at (8:43, 8:42, 8:42), and the rest of the run averaging 10:20 or thereabouts. Funny thing, as I was running across a street during a break in traffic, a woman who was pulling out from a side street, heading in the other direction, yelled out her window, “GET OUTTA THE DAMN STREET!” I was so startled by it that I laughed out loud. I was not anywhere near being in her way, so I have no idea where her annoyance came from. Shocked

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Teresa—I’m very, very jealous. Roy—talented dog. For years I’ve been encouraging our cat to get me coffee in the morning. No luck so far. Mary—hope all goes well this afternoon. Perch—good to see you running so well. Dicky—I often groan out loud at those opening news items of yours! BTW, that wood stack photo was about 1/6 of what I’ve got. C’mon winter; bring it on! 35F, coolest morning of the season and IRC. I broke out the long-sleeve shirt and light gloves for the first time. 7 miles with 5 @ 7:46. I was trying to hit MP pace but the invigorating cool temps made it closer to a tempo run.

Be safe. Be kind.