Masters Running

The March Close-Out Daily, 3.31.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Slo, I wonder if you stay away from some gluten products, it would be enough to hold your eczema in control? The trick would be to find the foods or combination of foods that work for you. I suspect that, especially for your purposes, it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Great snow-hiking in the Presidentials, Lame! Congrats to DD on what sounds like a fantastic internship, and to DS for one that will help him prepare for next winter's ski season.

Scary dog encounter, Dave. I'm glad you're OK, except for the 10-year adrenalin rush.

With your focus and determination, Leslie, I know you'll find the solution to your hammy issue. But I am sorry that it is so persistent.

I hope the culture sheds some light on the cause of your jaw infection, Holly. What a pain (in too many respects)!

Happy belated Birthday, Deeze! Yes, I did see some MVS shirts at the race on Sunday. I think of you every time I see one.

Calm down, Twocat - you shouldn't have any new snow today.

Mike, believe it or not, I do feel bad when passing a struggling runner, and so I try to give them some encouragement. What they do with their shoes afterward is not my responsibility!

Steve, everybody smiles at the start of a race - not so much so at the finish...

I was dang tired after a busy day yesterday and another evening meeting. So I slept all the way till 5 this morning, and thus missed a workout op. However, I'm feeling guiltless, so all is good. Besides, tomorrow is another day...

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

A slushy 5.4 miles for me this morning.  Nothing like cold, wet feet to start the day.  But I made it to 100 miles for March so I am happy.

The 100 miles was supposed to be the floor, but instead I have been scrambling to make it there.  Here's hoping April is better!

Marathon Maniac #957

Oops, we posted at the same time, Jay.  I will go back and delete.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP - I had to Google grouse to see what they look like.  I see quite a few birds along the river during my runs, but I don't think I have seen those.

Ribs - I especially liked the fact about each foot having 26 bones, and those 52 bones being more than 25% of the bones in the human body.

I am growing excited for our Boston runners and the Masters party that is brewing!  I hope you will post pics of your get-togethers and share your experiences with us.

I must be on some kick-a$$ antibiotics because the infection seems greatly reduced today, for which I am grateful.  Hopefully this thing will be stopped in its tracks.  The doctor didn't actually tell me not to run, but I will wait until after my follow-up Thursday anyway.

70 minutes on the bike trainer watching Abe Lincoln, Vampire Slayer.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning everyone. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" this morning (she said, channeling her best Mr. Rodgers). Clear skies at 5:00 AM, no wind and a comfy 36°.  First time out in capris and no gloves. So nice to not have 3 layers of clothes on   Five miles with a few fartlek's thrown in.

Glad your mouth is feeling better today Holly. Take it easy, okay?

Thanks for the great recap Jay. And nice job "sleeping in" until 5.  You were very brave!

Now that the weather is improving you'll easily have those 100 miles every month Dave. Way to get back out there after the nasty dog incident yesterday. Did you run the same route today? I would have been paranoid that the dog would be back.

Hi Slo! Happy belated birthday Deez!

I am really liking the AMC series "Better Call Saul".  The season finale is already next week. I'm not sure if anyone has seen any of the episodes, but it's worth a look-see.

Off for poll-worker training. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, all.  A bit busier so far than yesterday.

it was a pretty nice morning for running.  4 miles in 34F for me.  I learned that as hard as the yoga class is after a long layoff, the run the morning after said class is even harder.    Call me Captain Obvious, but I sure thought I was going a lot faster than the watch showed at the end.

My bird sighting was technically after I had finished, but while I was stretching out on the porch, I heard a different kind of bird noise than I'm used to hearing.  I thought it sounded like a turkey gobble.  I looked up the street and there he was, gobbling away.  we've had them in town for a while, but I don't think they've been to our neighborhood yet.

Nice race, Jay.  And nice 100, Dave.  My total has improved, but I have a long way to go to get up there.

Glad we can put the trout back for a while, Holly.

Glad you're enjoying the nice weather, Jeanne.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Lots of activity. Awesome energy by the group. I too am excited by the Boston runners. What a race and a great time. Loved it.

No run yet but heading out soon for

WU then 5X1K with 2 minute rest and then CD

This will be hard as I have not done intervals in forever but if you want to get faster or deader (lol) you have to do intervals.

Will post later

Have a great day everyone. and happy belated bday Deeze. Hope you had mega cake.

Recent Best times: None recently

Slo

Heya!

A glorious star lit run this am.

Final day of the Pound Patrol here at work. I lost a total of 16.4 pounds (9.4%) and our team is in a tight race for 2nd place.

Thanks for the input on the diet. Right now I have to say it's only corelation and I need to stay with it long enough to see if there are any outbreaks while on it. On the upside, I did fall of the wagon on Friday with 0 detrimental effects...What you say Jay is what I'm hoping for.

Time

I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend filled with family.

mrrun

Lots of good activity so far today. thx for the recaps. Saw my first flowers of the year - in a protected warm area.  Ran 5.5 then added another mile to finish with henrun.  He was in shorts, but i was in long pants.

looking forward to a sunny day!

Beautiful sunny day!

WU then 5 X 800 meters as fast as I could. Boy do I remember why i hated intervals..ouch...my lungs were bursting and by the end my legs had nothing. But glad I did it. To get faster you have to run at different speeds.

have a great day everyone.

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

Sunny day here too with spring colors bursting everywhere.  4 smile miles today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Off for poll-worker training. 

Wow!  And at your age...very cool.  Unfortunately, my wife has forbidden me from watching them anymore.  Have fun!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow!  And at your age...very cool.  Unfortunately, my wife has forbidden me from watching them anymore.  Have fun!

Umm, Mike.  you MIGHT be thinking of a different pole.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Wow!  And at your age...

I'm speechless that you would use those words here when there is a chance you will be meeting her in Green Bay this year.  Watch your back.

I'm speechless that you would use those words here when there is a chance you will be meeting her in Green Bay this year.  Watch your back.

Come and enjoy my pre-race pasta dinner, Mike. It will make you "run" really fast!